Championship 18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down the stats in the Championship last night looking to have a bet or 2. Came across Middlesbrough.

****ing hell.

38 goals in 34 games after a 0-0 today. 5th place.

You have to go all the way down to 19th to find a team that have scored less.

Makes Puel look like Keegan when you consider how high scoring the Championship usually is.

38 goals in 34 games after a 0-0 today. 5th place.

They've shut their opponents out something like 17 times. That's got more to do with their league position than their average of 1 goal scored per game.

They've shut their opponents out something like 17 times. That's got more to do with their league position than their average of 1 goal scored per game.

That was my point really. I quite fancied them for automatic at the start of the season but although the defensive Pulisness has served them well enough they're looking at playoffs at best. Even an average goals total would have turned enough draws into wins & losses into draws to be right up there with Leeds & Norwich. Plus who the hell wants to watch that? Goals propel you out of the Championship most seasons. Also it's hard to galvanise support with turgid non-football like that. As we know all to well.

I see that Frank Lampard's Draby County lost heavily today - 4-0 down by half time. They've now lost four games in a row and have dropped out of the top six.

Shame.

:042:

I see that Frank Lampard's Draby County lost heavily today - 4-0 down by half time. They've now lost four games in a row and have dropped out of the top six.

Shame.

Like they did last year? & the year before ? & the year before that? & every year since the invention of writing?

he's made a real difference hasn't he? :043::044:

I was watching final score and they were back to being Derby County. Not Frank Lampard's Derby County. Funny eh.

Shame.

It is that time of year again.
Daffs are out,
Snowdrops are out,
Derby are out............of the top 6.

Nice to see Forest lose as well, seeing as their fans were reacting like automatic promotion was on the cards because they beat a shit Derby side.

It is that time of year again.
Daffs are out,
Snowdrops are out,
Derby are out............of the top 6.
Looks like the fans are dropping out too over the turnstiles to get out!!

I wonder if they've ever shipped four goals in the first half before. Or indeed, if it has ever happened on their own manor. I can imagine that the fans of any team that managed to put that over on them would be absolutely delighted and never forget it.

I wonder if they've ever shipped four goals in the first half before. Or indeed, if it has ever happened on their own manor. I can imagine that the fans of any team that managed to put that over on them would be absolutely delighted and never forget it.
Hi boc. I know your memory isn't the best so I'll just leave this video here for you.

Hi boc. I know your memory isn't the best so I'll just leave this video here for you.

And the shaggers' fans didn't even wait until half-time to leave the ground. Unfortunately many of them went to the away car-park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566