Charlton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dour

Re: Charlton Match Thread

Defensive from the start. Settling for 2-0 at half-time by making the side even more defensive. Now we’re only kept out of the relegation zone by goal difference.

One Martin Allen, there’s only one Martin Allen.

In a Leicester shirt we can forgive the lack of quality, but we cant forgive a lack of fight and passion.

Bleak and depressing.

Jesus....what was that.....I can't believe it but I'm already falling into the trap of saying Megson's tactics sounded bloody useless

I know Charlton are a strong championship side but you expect us to at least have a go at them. second half sounded like we'd accepted defeat and were ready to go home....

it's going to be a long old season a this rate...

walshy even noticed the lack of fight...

we're ****ed....

Whats milan thinking now......??????.......next new manager please.......

second half sounded like we'd accepted defeat and were ready to go home....

In which case it could have been much worse. Be interesting to hear from those that were there later as to whether we improved second half or Chrlton didn't need to bother anymore.

whether we improved or not we sounded too defensive. we didn't sound like we intended to throw a few bodies forward and have a go. 2-0 down you might as well have a go and lose 4-0. we just did nothing. great! poor bastards who travelled to watch!

Alex is probably the closest regular poster.

Megson the radio in the next 20 mins

megs has spoke,and to be honest hes right imo,players maybe shining in training ,coming off the bench and doing well, but when they start are making silly errors.we have been gifting goals even before megs got here.its going to be a long turn around.

Cant wait:icon_roll

We're doomed! I cannot believe that interview! We have been at the bottom for the last couple of seasons and it's going to take time to change that.

Fourteen new players - admittedly not all to standard - but if Megson cannot see this squad in mid-table, he doesn't deserve a chance to build for a run at the Prem.

:tumbleweed:

Megson

' poor defending '
' at 6's and 7's '

no shit sherlock

' i might be wrong but i dont think Charlton had a shot in the 2nd half '

didnt need too at 2-0 up

Clemence

' we gave it a go in the 2nd half '

did we ?

the game with ipswich that was postponed due to the carling cup might be a blessing as they are stuffing coventry 3-0 in the first half :biggrin:

Re: Charlton Match Thread

Defensive from the start. Settling for 2-0 at half-time by making the side even more defensive. Now we’re only kept out of the relegation zone by goal difference.

One Martin Allen, there’s only one Martin Allen.

I find that a worrying reaction. I wish we would all forget Martin Allen. There is more chance of Milan appointing Mourhino than Martin Allen. What we need is better performances which may mean bringing in some better players.

Hi, i never post but i thought i should start to, ive just come back from charlton and it was a complete SHAMBLES. Our tactics in the 1st half were so poor, charlton were all over us, and it looks like if we play anymore like that we'll be in for another relegtion fight this season. We really dont know what to do with the ball when we get in on a counter attack, stearman is useless with it, and im not sure about mattock either. Hume was our best player in the first half i think, twas a shame he was brought off. Martin Fulop looked a bit dodgy at times. Our forwards werent good enough, fryatt isnt good enough and carl cort is no where near good enough to get a regular place in the first team unfortunatly for him, but im sure he will get better. De vries should have played today i think, campbell played alright but he hardly had any support. Kishishev i thought played alright, and kisnorbo played well and made a few good tackles but when charlton were attacking most of the time our defence was all over the place. In the second half we played a bit better, charlton were less attacking which was probably their tactic, we left it too late yet again though.

Our training and warm up didnt look very good either before the match, its not really good to have shooting practice just before kick off is it, its just like a little game to get the crowd going and its not very productive.

I hardly go to leicester matches cos i live in kent, so charlton isnt far so i always go there when we play against them, but i thought that some of our supporters on the right side were right cocks, they chant 'stand up and support your team' to people sitting down, and then they slag off all the players and chant cruel things to megson, who even though he used to be with the florists, we should still get behind him cos he controls our team. Im only 16 but i know what gets the players morales up and what obviously doesnt.I clapped at most things our team got right, even if it was just small tackles that conceded corners, thats called getting behind the team, not shouting in corts face'f**king sh**e your are', just when hes getting back into regular football after a torrid time in injury.Also shouting 'Theres only one martin allen' isnt getting behind the team either is it, chanting that wont make milan bring him back, nor will it get the players morales up. The incident involving two fans just topped it all off, it was only 3 rows behind me right when we had a free kick in a good position, did anyone actually see what happened, cos i was concentrating on the match?? Its so stupid getting into fights like that when there are small children going to their first football matches, it just shows what football is turning into, films like the football factory and green street dont help! Charlton clapped us at the start for our good sportsmanship during the week, i wonder what they think now.

I hope i havnt accidently slagged anyone off on these forums :)

P.S I paid a fortune to get kaebi on the back of my shirt, am i ever going to see him play!! :mad:

Haven't seen City play this season so am just going on comments of folk on TB and e.g. Walshie - why wasn't N'Gotty on from start? why was Cort preferred to MDV after his display vs QPR? ditto Mattock? why put defender on when we are losing 2-0? I don't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363