Charlton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were making progress under MA2.

Were we? Was it not Martin Allen in charge when we adopted a transfer policy of quantity over quality. Was it not Martin Allen in charge when he was thrilled and delighted at a drab performance at Selhurst Park when we threw away two points. I will talk about the Forest performance as it was Martin Allen who needlessly and stupidly made changes to a winning team that were it not for the half-time incident would have cost us the match.

Wherever we end up this season we must stick with Gary Megson. He has come into a club with a non-winning team and a non-winning mentality. He has come into a club with over 40 players and if 5 of them have real quality it is as much. I firmly believe Megson is the man to turn us around. So we might not see the "world class" Kaebi for a while, if ever, but maybe, just maybe, that is because he is not world class. So he might have a defensive mindset but if we concede less surely that is a good thing. He may not talk as much as Martin Allen but what he does say makes sense.

Last edited:
I would say that he already has. How many people had any real hope of a result on Saturday from the moment that they saw the team?
BUT, that is surely not the main concern: whilst I do not think we are ready to challenge for promotion, does anybody really believe that the squad that we now have is not any better than last season, and at worst, worthy of mid-table safety? Anybody, that is, other than Gary Megson?

So far the performances are supporting Megson

I see see GM was not in Spionfox's top 20 - that high eh?

That was then. I am now up to around 60 I would rather have but that does include the contents of my 'fantasy manager' thoughts too - people like Wenger etc. Ruling out the improbables I am still pushing in on 40.

BUT - I am prepared to get behind Megson again on Wednesday and the next two home games before reappraising my feelings.

It wasn't a 'drab' performance at Selhurst Park - actually the best I had seen us play there in years. He wasn't solely responsible for the transfer policy and the fact is the best performance we have seen for some time was at the end of his tenure.

The fact also is that he is not here anymore.

But I wonder if there is anything in Kismybum being seen having drinks with MA after he had been given the boot - and his form falling close to absolute joke at The Valley......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669