Charlton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

I would prefer to hear the following " Whilst at present we aren't performing at anywhere near the levels we are capable of, I know and can see that there is enough talent within the squad to be challenging for the play offs but there has been an air of under achievement and lack of character and professionalism over the last three or so seasons and it stops now. I will bring in 2 or 3 quality players to supplement the current squad and I will get the current crop performing at the levels there potential more than suggests they are capable of then we will have a successful season "

Works for me :)

fludie

Peanut Thief
Yeh i saw someone being taken out of the ground behind me, he was bald with an earing and had about 5 police officers around him.

Stupid guy.

Nice to meet you Beaumount Fox.

andy15

Yeh i saw someone being taken out of the ground behind me, he was bald with an earing and had about 5 police officers around him.

Stupid guy.

Nice to meet you Beaumount Fox.

He was such an idiot, where did he come from? He wasnt one of the 2 guys in the incident was he?

The Old Fox

I don't know where you get the impression I drink..........

You're a Leicester fan, it is the antithesis of being in AA: LCFC drives everyone to drink
Did someone mention drink? - Mine's a large one! (Glad there's no unfortunate inuendo there!)

Treebeard

For me, yesterday's performance was partly summed up by Cate earlier. People can criticise a lack of effort by the players, but I'm not entirely sure it's valid across the board. Cort yes, who expected everything to come to him and not to have to work for anything, but the rest, I'd tend to disagree.

The problem was in the formation. That was so so clear. If you were there, you would have seen polar-opposites in the sides on show. Charlton had width. Not players who get wide, but players who belong and ply their trade out wide. We didn't, and this meant that they could firstly stretch us all over the place, as cate I think said, all to danny mills, who was very effective but largely unchallenged; and secondly, they knew where our attack was coming from - straight down the middle. They knew that if it went to the wings, we were ineffective. SO they crowded the centre, and snuffed out any chance of freedom for out strikers.

People who went to the palace game would have seen the inclusion of Levi as sub making a huge difference. He played well, knows the wing role, and stretches their defence allowing midfield and attack to join.

I place the result firmly at the feet of Megson. N'gotty, Levi, possibly Ferreira or Kaebi would've seen an entire different performance across the team in my opinion.

newtonfox

For me, yesterday's performance was partly summed up by Cate earlier. People can criticise a lack of effort by the players, but I'm not entirely sure it's valid across the board. Cort yes, who expected everything to come to him and not to have to work for anything, but the rest, I'd tend to disagree.

The problem was in the formation. That was so so clear. If you were there, you would have seen polar-opposites in the sides on show. Charlton had width. Not players who get wide, but players who belong and ply their trade out wide. We didn't, and this meant that they could firstly stretch us all over the place, as cate I think said, all to danny mills, who was very effective but largely unchallenged; and secondly, they knew where our attack was coming from - straight down the middle. They knew that if it went to the wings, we were ineffective. SO they crowded the centre, and snuffed out any chance of freedom for out strikers.

People who went to the palace game would have seen the inclusion of Levi as sub making a huge difference. He played well, knows the wing role, and stretches their defence allowing midfield and attack to join.

I place the result firmly at the feet of Megson. N'gotty, Levi, possibly Ferreira or Kaebi would've seen an entire different performance across the team in my opinion.

dont like him....................but he's only been with them a week :icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_wink

Last edited:

Treebeard

dont like him....................but he's only been with them a week :icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_wink

Formation is something that can be and was immediate tho. I'm still up for giving him a chance. I'm not saying Megson out. I'm just blaming him and not the players for the performance. It wasn't lack of effort as some have said. It was 10 men not knowing the formation they should be adopting, and when they received the ball in midfield, having zero options. It was like hot potato.

Fox Fan

To have any kind of chance of play offs this season we need to get in:

1)A left back
2)A left Mid
3)A right Mid

and we need to do it quickly, every game that passes were looking worse and worse. Levi should play LM for the time being while we search for someonw with more quality.

Infact scrap that list we need basically an entire midfield!

NN Fox

To have any kind of chance of play offs this season we need to get in:

1)A left back
2)A left Mid
3)A right Mid

and we need to do it quickly, every game that passes were looking worse and worse. Levi should play LM for the time being while we search for someonw with more quality.

Infact scrap that list we need basically an entire midfield!

After watching the 'highlights' on The Championship this morning I would suggest we need to start with the defence!

Best form of defence is to attack the opposition not sit on your heels waiting for them to come on to you. Think we need afresh approach, something called attacking football.

The Old Fox

After watching the 'highlights' on The Championship this morning I would suggest we need to start with the defence!

A poor midfield puts extra pressure on the defence. We know that the defence is nornally sound. Doesn't Megson like wingers, or does he just not rate ours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669