Charlton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so stupid getting into fights like that when there are small children going to their first football matches, it just shows what football is turning into, films like the football factory and green street dont help!

A good post Andy, apart from that part.
What do you think football is turning into?
There has always been violence at football and compared to 70s & 80s (and before but I wasn't there then) one little squabble between two lads is absolutely nothing.

Oh and BTW, you may try breaking your posts into paragraphs when they are that length, it makes it much easier to read. :icon_wink

Haven't seen City play this season so am just going on comments of folk on TB and e.g. Walshie - why wasn't N'Gotty on from start? why was Cort preferred to MDV after his display vs QPR? ditto Mattock? why put defender on when we are losing 2-0? I don't understand...

Exactly.

Everything Megson has done has convinced me that we are going to make no progression under his reign. Will Mandaric have the humility to get rid of him after 4 games?

I hope I'm wrong, I hope it comes together, but what can the pro-Megson brigade say to justify the decisions he's made thus far?

Last edited:
Hi, i never post but i thought i should start to, ive just come back from charlton and it was a complete SHAMBLES. Our tactics in the 1st half were so poor, charlton were all over us, and it looks like if we play anymore like that we'll be in for another relegtion fight this season. We really dont know what to do with the ball when we get in on a counter attack, stearman is useless with it, and im not sure about mattock either. Hume was our best player in the first half i think, twas a shame he was brought off. Martin Fulop looked a bit dodgy at times. Our forwards werent good enough, fryatt isnt good enough and carl cort is no where near good enough to get a regular place in the first team unfortunatly for him, but im sure he will get better. De vries should have played today i think, campbell played alright but he hardly had any support. Kishishev i thought played alright, and kisnorbo played well and made a few good tackles but when charlton were attacking most of the time our defence was all over the place. In the second half we played a bit better, charlton were less attacking which was probably their tactic, we left it too late yet again though.

Our training and warm up didnt look very good either before the match, its not really good to have shooting practice just before kick off is it, its just like a little game to get the crowd going and its not very productive.

I hardly go to leicester matches cos i live in kent, so charlton isnt far so i always go there when we play against them, but i thought that some of our supporters on the right side were right cocks, they chant 'stand up and support your team' to people sitting down, and then they slag off all the players and chant cruel things to megson, who even though he used to be with the florists, we should still get behind him cos he controls our team. Im only 16 but i know what gets the players morales up and what obviously doesnt.I clapped at most things our team got right, even if it was just small tackles that conceded corners, thats called getting behind the team, not shouting in corts face'f**king sh**e your are', just when hes getting back into regular football after a torrid time in injury.Also shouting 'Theres only one martin allen' isnt getting behind the team either is it, chanting that wont make milan bring him back, nor will it get the players morales up. The incident involving two fans just topped it all off, it was only 3 rows behind me right when we had a free kick in a good position, did anyone actually see what happened, cos i was concentrating on the match?? Its so stupid getting into fights like that when there are small children going to their first football matches, it just shows what football is turning into, films like the football factory and green street dont help! Charlton clapped us at the start for our good sportsmanship during the week, i wonder what they think now.

I hope i havnt accidently slagged anyone off on these forums :)

P.S I paid a fortune to get kaebi on the back of my shirt, am i ever going to see him play!! :mad:

they always have shooting practice before a game.

Not long been back, and that was a ferkin disgrace

nobody escapes from that 90mins with any credit, from juvenile defenders to mindless attackers

not an ounce of football brain between any of them :098:

The problem with the situation we have is that we have choose the wrong type of manager...
It's like asking a craftsman to go and do a job with someone elses tools..the craftsman will get the job done because that's what he does but it will take more time...
That's megson's problem (not that i am a big fan of his..)He has been giving someone elses tools(players)With no chance of returning them to the shop saying there Sh*te or buying new ones until the next transfer window appears

From the beginning it was very narrow minded of MA/MM to think to a youth team player could fill the left back slot (loan players are never a solution)And how could you not sign a quality player between the posts!!!
I believe that MM should have gone for a manager in the class Nigel Worthington as a stop gap/motivator(MR) and come out in public and say it is only a short term appointment until the right man is found...Can you honestly believe that megson is who MM really wanted?
I cannot see megson getting i fair crack of the whip...poor fellow has been out of work for a over a year..he may have begged MM for the job!
If anyone is going the meeting next week i have a question for MM. In one of his interviews after sacking MA he said that he wanted to take the club's management into a New direction..(sorry to say this but we're not going up....)

Last edited:
Milan has been telling us all how important it is that we get out of this division. Today, for the first time, I actually believe we are going to do it. Trouble is - I don't think we'll find it any easier in the 3rd division!!

It would be really unfair to try and pick out anybody from today's game - they were a total shower of shite. No idea - no passion - not one of them could be bothered.

I presume that the incident that andy15 asks about is the one that happened not far in front of me. In the simplest of terms a lad of about 17 was assaulted by one of a group of fans who were about twice his age. The group then made it difficult for the stewards to deal with the problem, although the assailant was eventually ejected from the ground.

A good post Andy, apart from that part.
What do you think football is turning into?
There has always been violence at football and compared to 70s & 80s (and before but I wasn't there then) one little squabble between two lads is absolutely nothing.

Oh and BTW, you may try breaking your posts into paragraphs when they are that length, it makes it much easier to read. :icon_wink

I know theres a big history of fighting in football, but you rarely see fans from the same clubs fight eachother over hardly anything, well i havnt anyway but im only 16,i dont go to many matches so it was more the rarer for me

I am very sad about Leicester City at the moment. :icon_sad:

I know theres a big history of fighting in football, but you rarely see fans from the same clubs fight eachother over hardly anything, well i havnt anyway but im only 16,i dont go to many matches so it was more the rarer for me

a lot of our fans proved they are brain dead idiots from the Forest match, and they must have travelled to south London today.....

The reaction of our twat fans could be having a negative effect on the players. Just a thought but I am rarely wrong.

The reaction of our twat fans could be having a negative effect on the players. Just a thought but I am rarely wrong.

:018: :018: :018:

You are frequently wrong and the sub prime crisis is not affecting my performance. :icon_wink

I am very sad about Leicester City at the moment. :icon_sad:

Same... how did it all go wrong this time?!

I'm sure I'm just being dramatic, but right now I'm worried. If this season is a disaster, and Mandaric feels the fans are turning on him, how will he react?

If this season is a disaster, and Mandaric feels the fans are turning on him, how will he react?

It's all shaping up to be a disaster -we're scraping around the relegation places with a squad full of even more deadbeats than last season. And we've seen how he'll react - bleat to his carefully cultivated friends in the media how it's everyone else's fault that we are where we are. Particularly those so-called fans who don't trust him.

I'm more worried about him just not giving a ****, stopping caring, handing it over another shite board.

You're not reading. I said he has too much money tied up. He might be pissing some of you off but he isn't stupid when it comes to his money. And he would need a buyer if he were going to 'hand it over'. Can't see too many of them on the horizon.

As a Pompey mate keeps telling me, the road will be rocky and long but he will get there in the end. Stick with him he says. Mind you, it would help of the performances on the pitch were showing signs of things to come.

Hello. First post.

This may upset some people but what the hell. If you don’t go to the games and you don’t see how our team are playing then I don’t care about your opinion as opinions are like ars*holes - everyone has one.....

Today was the worst I have ever felt watching Leicester. There was no pride and no passion. the side that megson put out was a joke. Why play two right backs in your team without playing either at right back. - especially when you have kishishev on the bench. A player who has a poor 45 minutes and by this forum never gets another look in. very shallow.

To people that say MM has every right to sack managers, I challenge that. As much as you feel that MA was not the man to lead us forward, all I will say is the 4 - 1 defeat of Watford was a hell of a lot better than the two nil reverse today at Charlton. This clubs needs to sort itself out and to do so quickly.

Two nil down at half time and two substitutions. Strange ones I have to admit. He must have thought that no one would notice give the half time beer. Unfortunately no one told megson that regardless of how long you queue, apparently Charlton don’t sell beer at half time!

Please lets bring in a manager who brings in some pride brings in some passions and lets kick @rse!!!

Welcome Bert.

But you are a bad man to say such awful things. Even though they might be true. Hand back your season ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669