Charlton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
After watching the 'highlights' on The Championship this morning I would suggest we need to start with the defence!
So we need a new defense then

Best form of defence is to attack the opposition not sit on your heels waiting for them to come on to you. Think we need afresh approach, something called attacking football.
And a new forward line

A poor midfield puts extra pressure on the defence. We know that the defence is nornally sound. Doesn't Megson like wingers, or does he just not rate ours?
We also need a new midfield as well then.

About sums it up really. At least we have a decent GK now :icon_lol:

TornadoShaunUK

So we need a new defense then

And a new forward line

We also need a new midfield as well then.

About sums it up really. At least we have a decent GK now :icon_lol:

Well he's not really ours is he? :icon_lol:

tedfoxxx

without wesoloski it looks like clem will have to carry the side, i love kisnorbo and macauly but they dont really prevent many goals, and after all it is their job:102:

SwedeFox

Just seen the highlights. Dreadful defence on both goal occasions, especially the second. School boy mistakes as Walshy said!

Brighton Fox

Fulop was also the quietest keeper i've ever seen on saturday, virtually no communication between him and Kisnorbo / McCauley.

From Gradel to Grave

I don't know GM dares to say it will take time to turn around a team used to struggling against relegation. We've had enough new players added to the squad to form a matchday squad and we were making progress under MA2.

I don't want to hear MM referring to how poor the performance against Forest under MA2 was either because that was a significantly weakened team that was picked. You simply can't compare that performance to that of a different team's a couple of weeks later.

That noise you can hear is my blood boiling. :098:

Signed a furious FG2G.

I don't know GM dares to say it will take time to turn around a team used to struggling against relegation. We've had enough new players added to the squad to form a matchday squad and we were making progress under MA2.

I don't want to hear MM referring to how poor the performance against Forest under MA2 was either because that was a significantly weakened team that was picked. You simply can't compare that performance to that of a different team's a couple of weeks later.

Signed a furious FG2G.

But he has turned it round, we are now definitely crap and defensively minded. Which as it happens we are not good at.

Mikeoadby

I see see GM was not in Spionfox's top 20 - that high eh?
I work on Sturdays but go when I can - only missed Blackpool so far (on holiday) be there on Sat - West Stand as always

Matt_B

Signed a furious FG2G.

WHERE?! We were mediocre against blackpool, shit against Accrington and Forest, bit better against Palace, crap against Plymouth and against Watford we played well but the scoreline was flattering and we could easily have been 2-0 down early on. So I would love to see where this progress was made?

From Gradel to Grave

WHERE?! We were mediocre against blackpool, shit against Accrington and Forest, bit better against Palace, crap against Plymouth and against Watford we played well but the scoreline was flattering and we could easily have been 2-0 down early on. So I would love to see where this progress was made?

By the Plymouth game MA2 was gone anyway and we fielded weakened teams for the Accrington and Forest games. The Blackpool result was disappointing but the performance wasn't dreadful. We nearly got an excellent away win at Palace and we murdered Watford.

It's been a gradual deterioration since then and Saturday was the low point. I feel we beat Forest despite Megson not because of him.

Last edited:

Matt_B

By the Plymouth game MA2 was gone anyway and we fielded weakened teams for the Accrington and Forest games. The Blackpool result was disappointing but the performance wasn't dreadful. We nearly got an excellent away win at Palace and we murdered Watford.

It's been a gradual deterioration since then and Saturday was the low point. I feel we beat Forest despite Megson not because of him.

Yet he gets no abuse for that?

In my opinion if we has lost or drew to Watford nobody would be calling for MA2 back. And one win does not an improved team make.
Whilst I'm not convinced GM is going to take us to the Prem I don't believe he will do any worse than a man who had 4/5 games for us.

The Old Fox

Yet he gets no abuse for that?

In my opinion if we has lost or drew to Watford nobody would be calling for MA2 back. And one win does not an improved team make.
Whilst I'm not convinced GM is going to take us to the Prem I don't believe he will do any worse than a man who had 4/5 games for us.

I would say that he already has. How many people had any real hope of a result on Saturday from the moment that they saw the team?
BUT, that is surely not the main concern: whilst I do not think we are ready to challenge for promotion, does anybody really believe that the squad that we now have is not any better than last season, and at worst, worthy of mid-table safety? Anybody, that is, other than Gary Megson?

western road

What I find hard to understand..... is although we have not really been good, we have tried...... and succeeded in one match for twenty minutes to look like a team.

Against Forest we dragged ourselves up from the floor and won after looking extremely poor, then on Saturday we were so bad, so disorganised, so woeful I could have played better than 80% of 'em and I'm 70 years old.
They just looked like they did'nt want to play

There seems to be trouble down the Walkers............... and I wonder if that was the trouble on the pitch Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669