Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was another really worrying performance.

When you get a gift like playing against a really weakened, and frankly shite, Chelsea side without their manager who then go down to ten men in the first half, you cannot lose if you've got anything about you.

We gave away an awful first goal because we continue to make the incompetent decision to pick Amartey. From then on, we're chasing a game we should be controlling.

Yes we created chances, yes we put them under pressure, but we just weren't convincing.

Justin not good enough at left back. Vardy nowhere near good enough. We've got enough issues as it is without our better players going AWOL.

Only Maddison looks creative this season and him being out today could well have been decisive.

We are genuinely in a relegation battle this season I reckon. There is so much wrong with us.

Tielemans was clearly injured. Watch the game...

Amartey was absolutely fine today for me, a little too much space for Sterling's first but very unlucky that the deflection hit the postage stamp.
he was ball watching again and then did his usual backing off. it was bloody obvious Sterling was looking for the angle to shoot and he allowed it.
fair play a deflection is a deflection but his reading of the game is pathetic he is going to cost us over and over this season.

We deserved something from the chances we had but when you consider that we played against 10 men for so long, conceded 2 goals despite being a man up and then didn't have the quality to at least get a point.

Promising signs from a few players but overall a bad afternoon as you really wonder when the first win will come the way things are at the moment.
You only deserve something from the chances you created if you don’t fluff all but one of them. 3 one-on-ones all ****ed up

he was ball watching again and then did his usual backing off. it was bloody obvious Sterling was looking for the angle to shoot and he allowed it.
fair play a deflection is a deflection but his reading of the game is pathetic he is going to cost us over and over this season.
If you close the attacker down and don’t let him get a shot away then you don’t have to worry about a possible deflection.

But it’s not Amartey’s fault. He is a limited footballer playing at a level he doesn’t have the ability to excel in. It’s the fault of the person who picks him to play at that level.

Sterling hasn't done a thing in 3 games. Against us he scores twice while playing for a team down to ten. We created more than we usually do but couldn't finish off any of it.

All our best players are either hideously out of form, desperate to leave or both. Nobody wants to play for us anymore.
Nobody wants to play for this manager anymore.

He has not one clue how to arrest this decline. His career is defined by this. When his teams slide, the slide is permanent. He can't possibly turn things around as he isn't adaptable. First he refuses to accept that there's a problem, then he refuses to change anything & just carries on with the same approach hoping it'll come good.

I want him gone by Monday night.

It's ****ing OVER & the club needs to ****ing see it. I don't want the useless **** anywhere near the Fofana money so he can waste it on more shite.

Get someone in, get him to pull Maddison to one side & say " stay here & i'll build a team around you "

If this doesn't happen we are staring down the barrel of The Curse of the FA Cup

Well this was another really worrying performance.

When you get a gift like playing against a really weakened, and frankly shite, Chelsea side without their manager who then go down to ten men in the first half, you cannot lose if you've got anything about you.

We gave away an awful first goal because we continue to make the incompetent decision to pick Amartey. From then on, we're chasing a game we should be controlling.

Yes we created chances, yes we put them under pressure, but we just weren't convincing.

Justin not good enough at left back. Vardy nowhere near good enough. We've got enough issues as it is without our better players going AWOL.

Only Maddison looks creative this season and him being out today could well have been decisive.

We are genuinely in a relegation battle this season I reckon. There is so much wrong with us.
So far off after today.

Chelsea were still very well compacted defensively, not shite at all.

We were very unlucky to concede against the run of play due to a deflection from a hopeful shot.

The (Amartey I think) disallowed goal in the first half was very very softly ruled out, it's a different game if we take the lead there. Perez was very creative and I think we looked dynamic and with a purpose. Vardy should have scored at least one of his chances. Perez hit the bar. We weren't miles off winning this one.

Justin ran his socks off today and was up against one of the best attacking full backs in the league.

As said by others, if we play like that this season, we will be fine.

You only deserve something from the chances you created if you don’t fluff all but one of them. 3 one-on-ones all ****ed up
Yeah completely agree - I should have said we should have got something from the game with the amount of chances we had but we didn't deserve to as we were poor, yet again, in the final third.

Vardy was poor I thought apart from the lay off for Barnes.

Nacho should have done much better with his chance but it shouldn't have gone to him in the first place as Barnes was in much more space on the left.

But it’s not Amartey’s fault. He is a limited footballer playing at a level he doesn’t have the ability to excel in. It’s the fault of the person who picks him to play at that level.

Absolutely. You cannot fault Amartey's attitude. He's just not a PL central defender.

If Kasper had put in that exact same performance people would be on here saying that if it wasn’t for him we would have lost by more.

I get that Ward isn’t a world class keeper. And I get that some fans would sacrifice their right testicle to see him out of the team. But ****ing hell, at least reserve the negative shit for when he deserves it.

I've been saying since the end of last season that we are desperate for a striker. We still are.

When Vardy isn't firing we have Nacho who is ****ing appalling 8 times out of 10 or Daka who is useless beyond useless. We need a CB of course but with a firing striker up front today, we win that game at a canter.

Please let that be the end of Praet starting any game. He's just ****ing duff.

We just don't have the bollocks or the players.

We must sign a new centre back and a game-changing attacker ASAP.

We need a change in mentality and attitude.
We've got the game changing attacker in Maddison.
We need some options for width and a more solid central defence.
We also need Daka to start showing some form. OR ability.

Absolutely. You cannot fault Amartey's attitude. He's just not a PL central defender.
It’s an important point. At this stage Rodgers is massively under serving the player. His confidence will already be low, the player himself probably recognizes that Cags is better.

The confidence issue is compounded every time he exposes his limitations.

The fans have been patient, largely knowing he’s an honest pro…but that will wear thin and his name will inevitably be paired with muttering in the ground.

Meanwhile, Cags is sitting on his arse, likely completely bemused by the whole thing. Doubt he’s got much time for his manager and other players will sense it.

Rodgers is doing both players a huge disservice. Amartey, especially, is being hung out to dry…I would argue quite cynically…by the manager.

Sterling hasn't done a thing in 3 games. Against us he scores twice while playing for a team down to ten. We created more than we usually do but couldn't finish off any of it.
That first sentence should be enough to start alarm bells for any Leicester fan.

Big Name? Yes
Shit run of Form? Yes
New-ish to the Club? Yes

He was an absolute dead cert to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584