Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got the game changing attacker in Maddison.
We need some options for width and a more solid central defence.
We also need Daka to start showing some form. OR ability.
Yep so the game-changing attacker I'm referring to is someone who has lots of pace, ideally a winger-type player. Someone who can run at a defence and shit them up like Barnes (who I thought was fantastic). But we need other options in addition to Barnes. A top player who can take on defenders shut themselves and has some magic skills.

I think we'll survive this season.

We just need to find a rhythm. Get rid of this cancer Fofana. Sign one or two decent players. A few team bonding session. It only takes a couple of good results. I just worry about the manager, I hope he makes the right choices. We can moan all we want about individual players but we've no idea what they've been instructed to do.

If you close the attacker down and don’t let him get a shot away then you don’t have to worry about a possible deflection.

But it’s not Amartey’s fault. He is a limited footballer playing at a level he doesn’t have the ability to excel in. It’s the fault of the person who picks him to play at that level.
agreed

I think we'll survive this season.

We just need to find a rhythm. Get rid of this cancer Fofana. Sign one or two decent players. A few team bonding session. It only takes a couple of good results. I just worry about the manager, I hope he makes the right choices. We can moan all we want about individual players but we've no idea what they've been instructed to do.
No, no, no. If you’re not panicking or wibbling about Peter Taylor then you’re a thick ****.

We are ****ed

If you can’t see it, you can’t see it, and that’s perfectly fine

I see it, and we are ****ed
I believe this was the original dialog from The Sixth Sense. Mod, move this to the TV and Movies forum will you?

having calmed down, I really should wait a couple of hours before posting apologies to all. For me I thought we did well and the attacking intent and desire to move the ball quickly was there.

KDH not playing in Vardy in the first half was criminal he will learn from that, we did create alot if chances and were unlucky not get a draw, their keeper made some good saves against Vardy.

Praet was and is being played out of position, Perez did well and was unlucky not to equalise. Amartey has shown he is not good enough at this level and Soyuncu should be ahead of him.

let's see what the rest of the transfer window brings us.

having calmed down, I really should wait a couple of hours before posting apologies to all. For me I thought we did well and the attacking intent and desire to move the ball quickly was there.

KDH not playing in Vardy in the first half was criminal he will learn from that, we did create alot if chances and were unlucky not get a draw, their keeper made some good saves against Vardy.

Praet was and is being played out of position, Perez did well and was unlucky not to equalise. Amartey has shown he is not good enough at this level and Soyuncu should be ahead of him.

let's see what the rest of the transfer window brings us.
Yep. We played some lovely stuff today. Just as we did against Brentford and Arsenal. We’re making stupid mistakes at the back and getting punished and we aren’t moving the ball with enough pace up front with regularity. When we do and we go direct, we are causing problems and scoring goals. It’ll come.

Amartey is being thrown under a bus and I feel for the poor ****er. He is fine as a stand in for a game or two but being a first team regular is just not working for him or us. Soyuncu must come in, even Vestergaard, anyone just to try something different.

One thing is for sure, we need to get Vardy firing. It’s nothing to do with fitness, he looks fine on that front. He’s just not hitting the target. What a pity we don’t have a single other viable option up front.

We need 2 centre half's and a forward. Amartey isn't good enough and vardy can not carry the team up top on his own. Inheanacho can finish no doubt. But he is a poor footballer. Daka also finish but otherwise is very poor. We need to bring in starters not squad members the last 2 close seasons have been a waste of time in recruiting. I don't think we need a winger. We need a forward that we can trust to hold up play and we can play off and a defence that we can trust to keep the ball out. Our current midfield is our strength and needs to be given some support from the other ends of the pitch.

Apart from getting spanked by Arsenal, we have been very unlucky not to get a win in at least one game.

I’m hoping luck will change but with players who regularly make mistakes we will constantly be up against it. No doubt we have to bring in some quality.

Apart from getting spanked by Arsenal, we have been very unlucky not to get a win in at least one game.

I’m hoping luck will change but with players who regularly make mistakes we will constantly be up against it. No doubt we have to bring in some quality.
I think the fact that the players and manager are regularly making mistakes is more of a factor than bad luck.

We ****ed up winning positions against Brentford and Southampton. We were extremely poor against Arsenal and made multiple mistakes. We couldn’t cope against 10 men at Chelsea where we had a striker who couldn’t hit a barn door. Oh, and we couldn’t score against 4th division Stockport.

I don’t think we’ve been unlucky at all.

I think the fact that the players and manager are regularly making mistakes is more of a factor than bad luck.

We ****ed up winning positions against Brentford and Southampton. We were extremely poor against Arsenal and made multiple mistakes. We couldn’t cope against 10 men at Chelsea where we had a striker who couldn’t hit a barn door. Oh, and we couldn’t score against 4th division Stockport.

I don’t think we’ve been unlucky at all.
Yes you are correct in that we have been the makers of our own downfall. However on another day we’d have put away our chances yesterday and taken 3 points.

I’m trying to be positive, when I am perhaps unreasonably deeply worried.

We are on a bad run but there is a long way to go.

It was reported in the Athletic.

Just because you don't pay attention, doesn't mean everything that passes you by isn't true.
Must be true then. Can you point me to the part where it said 'Strong opinions no longer welcome'?

Do pay attention.

I’ve been away and only just caught up with MOTD highlights. Vardy had a shocker didn’t he, those were classic Vardy chances. And a few other good chances too so attacking wise I suspect people are right, there was some promise. But we cannot, cannot, keep conceding so many goals.

and for what it’s worth I can see why our goal was disallowed, the other way around we’d have been calling it out.

I’ve been away and only just caught up with MOTD highlights. Vardy had a shocker didn’t he, those were classic Vardy chances. And a few other good chances too so attacking wise I suspect people are right, there was some promise. But we cannot, cannot, keep conceding so many goals.

and for what it’s worth I can see why our goal was disallowed, the other way around we’d have been calling it out.
I've watched it numerous times and agree with Gary Lineker. I just can't see the problem with it. At least let VAR have a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757