Chelsea v Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUziCx1mHxQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Chelsea only have themselves to blame, Drogba and Anelka both had chances to make it 2-0 and put the tie to bed. You can't moan at the result if you only score one.

I was quite looking forward to a replay of last year's final, I thought it was a cracker because of the clash of styles. However as many people have said Man Utd v Barca will be good too and I'm off to the final so I'm chuffed with that.

Got a mate who works for UEFA and I asked if he could get tickets before the quarter finals. He said yeah.

I've always wanted to go to a European Cup final (and it ain't gonna happen with city any time soon) my best mate was up for it too, so as soon as we got confirmation of tickets we booked flights and accommodation for a reasonable price.

The only downer is our respective birds are coming out on the Thursday so we'll end up traipsing round the historic sites of Rome for a few days and desparately trying to steer the ladies away from the expensive shops near the Spanish Steps.

Chelsea got some of their own medicine last night and they didn't like it. I have only just stopped laughing about the result.

Unlucky Chelsea haha.

All their glory fans at school today "ah im so gutted" yeah sure you are.

SHAAAAME!

i think utd will win the final easily,as i suspected barcelona struggle when they face top notch opposition,can't see barcelonas frail defence keeping ronaldo and rooney at bay for long

The best 2 sides in Europe this season got to the final so it was deserved

Couldnt give a rats arse who wins tbh, as long as its a good game, just happy those corporate twats from Chelsea didnt win :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Re: Champions League 2nd legs

Hes an atrocious pundit, id be surprised if hed ever even heard of anyone outside Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Lampard

Another one of those awful "the Premier League is the best league in the world, even though its clear ive never seen any other game outside it before" types
but it clearly is:102:

but it clearly is:102:

Just because 4 teams are successful in Europe? :102: Oh but wait none of the rest of the English teams can catch them either

And it depends what you define as best as well, if you consider the same teams up there every single ****ing season to be good, well i dont, i find the 3 divisions of the football league far better for one, because they are actually competitive and they are actually decided by the football i.e. by the best management and the best players, not who has the most money or the Champions League place

Of course, im not claiming theyre the best in the world, because i have not seen football from every single league in the world

Really, i couldnt give a shit if we never play in the PL again, of course i want us to be able to prove ourselves against some of the best teams in the world, but its such a plastic, corporate, elitist division and we have no chance of ever getting higher than 7th in it if we had the best manager in the world, 7th is not competitive imo

Last edited:

Just because 4 teams are successful in Europe? :102: Oh but wait none of the rest of the English teams can catch them either

And it depends what you define as best as well, if you consider the same teams up there every single ****ing season to be good, well i dont, i find the 3 divisions of the football league far better for one, because they are actually competitive and they are actually decided by the football i.e. by the best management and the best players, not who has the most money or the Champions League place

Of course, im not claiming theyre the best in the world, because i have not seen football from every single league in the world

Really, i couldnt give a shit if we never play in the PL again, of course i want us to be able to prove ourselves against some of the best teams in the world, but its such a plastic, corporate, elitist division and we have no chance of ever getting higher than 7th in it if we had the best manager in the world, 7th is not competitive imo

isn't the spanish league always won by the same sides and the italian come to that,its no different

isn't the spanish league always won by the same sides and the italian come to that,its no different

Yes, i know, i dont like the ethics behind any of the 3 nig European leagues in Europe anymore. However the Bundesliga is well exciting this year at the top

Well said, the German league is outstanding this year! Just goes to show what a more egalitarian share of tv money and cheap standing can do for football, time both came to these shores.

Yes, i know, i dont like the ethics behind any of the 3 nig European leagues in Europe anymore. However the Bundesliga is well exciting this year at the top

pardon? :icon_lol:

I used to watch the Bundesliga but it was wank so gave up, fair do it may be a little better now but I've not risked watching it for 3 years now. As said before the Spanish league is more of a joke with the big 2 (or 1) being so far ahead from the pub teams below

295eqzk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570