Chelsea v Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought redknapp made some valid comments about big match experience in norway.
And on the penalties, I don't think any were as clear cut as they were making out. never a sending off either. and most importantly, drogba is a c***.

I thought redknapp made some valid comments about big match experience in norway.

They were actually Barcelonas points a couple of days before the game, and ones Andy Gray had mentioned 2 or 3 times during the game

Be interesting to see the newspapers tomorrow and how they report the behaviour of Ballack, Drogba and co.........I have the feeling if it had been Man Utd players, the London press would've been straight at em calling for fines/suspensions etc.

It was sooo funny seeing Drogba's mardying at the end though, and for Sky to show that twice as well haha! Excellent!

I did think though that Barca might get a goal after Chelsea didn't seem to be getting much luck from the ref:icon_roll.

It SHOULD be a better final anyhoo, a repeat of last year and I don't think I would've bothered watching it.

And on the penalties, I don't think any were as clear cut as they were making out. never a sending off either. and most importantly, drogba is a c***.

re the penalty appeals, I think if the ref is going to give the foul in the first one it should've been a pen as it was clearly inside the box.

Second one I think Drogba's rep went against him, evne though he was clearly pulled back by his shirt-if it had been given then that player should've walked imo, but it wasn't given. And he was very unlucky to be sent off as tbh I think it was more a case of the Chelsea player catching himself than Avidal(was it?) tripping him.

Pique's handball I think should've been a penalty, he made no attempt to move his hand out of the way.

The last one I think wasn't. Yes he raised his arms up but the ball hit him on theu nderside of the upper arm, when he was turning his back towards it.

Oh and yeah, Drogba IS a c***.

The third one was ball to hand, Piques arm was stuck out long before the ball had been hit and in the short distance that was between him and Anelka, i dont think he had a chance to pull it back. It shouldve been a penalty, but i can absolutely see why the ref didnt give it

Last edited:
Pique's handball, penalty? Yes.
The rest of the situations? Not really.
The sending off? Ridiculous.

I think people are missing the point that its ****ing hilarious because it happened to chelsea....

Dont know how Drogba can moan about being hard done by, when he spends most of his career conning and cheating the refs and his opponents.

Fantastic that Barca got through, too many times the best footballing side lose out in these situations, but this year without doubt the Champions League Final will be contested by the two best footballing teams in Europe. Hopefully will be a real spectacle.

As for Drogba, no matter how disappointed nothing excuses his behaviour he was a disgrace, Ballack was little better, whilst the referee was poor nothing excuses the complete lack of respect shown to him by the Chelsea players and I am afraid it is all too apparent that in the age of multi millionaire footballers that they appear to have lost any grasp on reality and how to conduct themselves to supposed authority and the general public. To display such petulance and say "fcuking" on national television was a disgrace, these players are meant to be role models.

I have to say that the way the likes of Terry, Cole, Ballack and Drogba conduct themselves week in and week out I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. How Drogba can have the bollocks to call the ref a disgrace is beyond me when you consider his antics throughout 90 minutes every week, what goes around comes around.

Erland Johnsen - eat your heart out!

Drogba....ha ha, you diving, moaning bell end

Ballack, you petulant child

Sweet poetic justice

Pity the same didn't happen to Ferguson's bunch of nobcheeses. Let's hope it does in the final

But they'll be without Abidal and Dani Alves for the final. Eek

Alves is over-rated shite.

I thought it was utter shite comment about his nationality.

For penalties, I'd have probably gave Pique's handball. The sending off was a joke too. Never touched him.

Oooo the comedy of it though! Just like Fletcher.

Nice to see the 'top' clubs being given crap referees. Now they know how we bloody feel!

Whilst i actually wanted Chelsea to win i think the best 2 footballing teams are through to the final.

Chelsea came out to do a job on Barca and did this for 92 minutes. They lost concentration at the wrong time. I still believe that Chelsea's style of football was the only style Barca would struggle with. I think Barca will win the final now.

As for the penalties. If i was a neutral i'd of maybe gave 2 out of the 4 shouts. I thought the Alves/Malouda one was a peno and the first Drogba one was but as people have said his reputation didn't get him that one.

If i had my 1% chelsea hat on i'd have given the Pique handball too. I can understand there reaction as they've worked hard for 180 mins of football but that doesn't mean to say it was right. Ballack, Drogba, Terry and Malouda shouldn't be setting that example in front of millions of kids.

Essien's goal was pure class. Overall it was a good match.

P.S. I actually like Jamie Redknapp as a pundit. I think he is quite sensible and i agree with what he said on the Ref who had a bad game.

I thought keyes suggested spanish and redknapp corrected him..

whatever....

Anyway, ballack, terry and drogba should have big fines/suspensions for their reaction to the ref. It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong, he's the ref, his decision is final. Great message to send out to the kids, well done...:icon_roll

As for Drogba, no matter how disappointed nothing excuses his behaviour he was a disgrace, Ballack was little better, whilst the referee was poor nothing excuses the complete lack of respect shown to him by the Chelsea players and I am afraid it is all too apparent that in the age of multi millionaire footballers that they appear to have lost any grasp on reality and how to conduct themselves to supposed authority and the general public. To display such petulance and say "fcuking" on national television was a disgrace, these players are meant to be role models.

How Drogba can have the bollocks to call the ref a disgrace is beyond me when you consider his antics throughout 90 minutes every week, what goes around comes around.

totally agree with you guys :038::038::038:

Alves is over-rated shite.

Completely agree. He was good at Sevilla and deserved the move to a bigger club, but now it's obvious he's not world class as the others. Woeful crossing, and as a wingback, that's quite a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669