Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There are no matches within the next 6 days"

Can you try using a different browser, or a different computer/mobile/tablet etc and see if you have the same problem.
Same problem on my iPhone using Safari

And Internet Explorer (instead of Chrome) on the PC

"Current Season" is just showing "English Championship" twice (on two lines)

Last edited:
I was encouraged that for the last 30 minutes against Everton we looked fitter and faster than them.

Given that we will struggle to keep them away from our goal, it will need to be the Kevin Keegan mantra ' Football is a simple game - we just have to score more goals than they do'.

Plan A - The Beast from Poland played as the holding midfielder to dish out some grief to their bunch of midfield wussies.

Plan B - Miss out the midfield and just lump it up to 6' 3" Wood and 6' 1" Ulloa

Plan C - If we are still losing with 10 minutes to go bring on third striker and lump it up to 6' 4" Ben Hamer!

I was encouraged that for the last 30 minutes against Everton we looked fitter and faster than them.

Given that we will struggle to keep them away from our goal, it will need to be the Kevin Keegan mantra ' Football is a simple game - we just have to score more goals than they do'.

Plan A - The Beast from Poland played as the holding midfielder to dish out some grief to their bunch of midfield wussies.

Plan B - Miss out the midfield and just lump it up to 6' 3" Wood and 6' 1" Ulloa

Plan C - If we are still losing with 10 minutes to go bring on third striker and lump it up to 6' 4" Ben Hamer!
Excellent plans! Have you sent them to Nigel?

I am hoping he has already been practising these moves. None of this passing in little triangles nonsense. Bring back Danny Tiatto I say! Let's get stuck into them!

Chelsea are either 1/4 or 1/5 odds on to win this game. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying this was the bet of the week as it was a certain home win.

Fair to say nobody gives us a hope.

Me neither, 3-0 Chelsea.

Some right shit teams have caused upsets over the last few years. I can't see us being another, but then I couldn't see any hope for the other teams. I expect Chelsea to beat us comfortably, but am still hoping for a different result.

I think if we lose by less than 3 then we'll take it. Very tough game this one, made harder by our lack of midfield options. 4-5-1 doesn't seem to be an option, although I think we might go for it with Nugent dropping in behind Ulloa. Expect Albrighton to come in for Knocky because he's more likely to help out defensively.

Mourinho's team often don't go hunting huge victories, they'll tend to relax when they get a couple in front, as they did against Burnley. But at home, particularly first home game of the season, I think that will be different.

The way they take their foot off the pedal with a two goal lead will cost them a couple of times this season I think, but I don't think today will be one of them.

I'm going for 4-1 Chelsea.

Chelsea are either 1/4 or 1/5 odds on to win this game. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying this was the bet of the week as it was a certain home win.

Fair to say nobody gives us a hope.

Me neither, 3-0 Chelsea.

Yeah, plenty of sites have got us down for a good "rogering" .....but why shouldn´t we get our 5th victory in 46 outings to stamford bridge?
They will be showing the match live on Danish tv, so I´ll probably be back hiding behind the sofa come the kick-off:100: BUT, BUT, BUT....enough of this defeatism!! A hard-fought draw or a slim victory. against
a title favourite who hasn´t really found their rhythm yet is on the cards:027: COYB :071::070::023:

Taking account that the strategic authority at the KP - one Dean Hammond - stated that we are not going to park the bus at Stamford bridge - I am assuming that we are definitely going to park the bus. i certainly hope so - the last time we played there - in the League Cup? - we got praised for trying to play football and finished up well beaten.

The only way is to make things as difficult as possible for Chelsea by getting players between them and our goal. If we get a beakaway so much the better. But we don't want to get a hammering.

3-0 to Chelsea sounds about right - anything better for us would be excellent.

Taking account that the strategic authority at the KP - one Dean Hammond - stated that we are not going to park the bus at Stamford bridge - I am assuming that we are definitely going to park the bus. i certainly hope so - the last time we played there - in the League Cup? - we got praised for trying to play football and finished up well beaten.

The only way is to make things as difficult as possible for Chelsea by getting players between them and our goal. If we get a beakaway so much the better. But we don't want to get a hammering.

3-0 to Chelsea sounds about right - anything better for us would be excellent.
Twas the fa cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570