Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know they can't play all of them at once, right?
Ture. But when their starting midfield get tired of carrying the extra weight of having your lads in their pockets, they'll be bringing on players who are better than your first choices.

Welcome to the prem.

Last edited:
You know they can't play all of them at once, right?

Okay, pick 5 to start and then 3 on the bench.

Now do the same for us.

Looking like a fun day out at SB.

Ture. But when their starting midfield get tired of carrying the extra weight of having your lads in their pockets, they'll be bringing on players who are better than your first choices.

Welcome to the prem.
And thus it will always be so, no matter who or how many we sign.

I'm generally quite optimistic about this season, but it's hard to think we'll get anything other than a f*cking good hiding here.

Hammond and King can't be trusted to control a game against Chelsea, and defensively we're nowhere near good enough. The best hope is frustrating them enough into making mistakes, hoping Vardy starts to worry Terry and Cahill, Ulloa from set-pieces and then praying.

Good luck, lads.

Something that wouldn't be any different in real terms if we had DD and James and even Cambiasso.

I fail to see how it wouldn't be different.

I'm generally quite optimistic about this season, but it's hard to think we'll get anything other than a f*cking good hiding here.

Hammond and King can't be trusted to control a game against Chelsea, and defensively we're nowhere near good enough. The best hope is frustrating them enough into making mistakes, hoping Vardy starts to worry Terry and Cahill, Ulloa from set-pieces and then praying.

Good luck, lads.

I can see why all of the noise coming out of the club is suggesting we won't be parking the bus.

Against that lot I don't see the point, I just hope Vardy and Ulloa between them can do enough to unsettle the ugly potato headed bastard and whoever is standing next to him.

I can see why all of the noise coming out of the club is suggesting we won't be parking the bus.

Against that lot I don't see the point, I just hope Vardy and Ulloa between them can do enough to unsettle the ugly potato headed bastard and whoever is standing next to him.

Presumably Cahill. All things said, though, we're a decent counter-attacking side. Knocky and Mahrez are good at starting attacks from deep (particularly the latter, who did it regularly against Everton), and if Vardy's fit there's every chance he'll put the frighteners up Terry & Co. from those situations. Sadly it's just not going to be enough.

And thus it will always be so, no matter who or how many we sign.

Hopefully, Pearson and the players don't share that view.

Of course we are very unlikely to get anything from this game - but there are many instances over a season where the weaker (on paper) team pinches a result and it's vital to go into every game seeking to achieve a result.

Unfortunately, Pearson's options are severely limited by the loss of key midfield players which has compounded the general lack of numbers and experience....but to be honest the club has largely self inflicted these problems by going into the season with so little cover. They've had 4 plus months to get sorted.

To think that our newly promoted side still working through the transfer window should be able to compete with that midfield lineup of Chelsea's is silly.

It shouldn't even be a short term goal. We need to be better than the 6-7 teams we will be fighting with.

Give it a good go and see what happens.

Also it's good to see Redditch (unable to deal with a season of unqualified success) has returned just in time for us to receive a few kicks in the teeth.

Last edited:
To think that our newly promoted side still working through the transfer window should be able to compete with that midfield lineup of Chelsea's is silly.

It shouldn't even be a short term goal. We need to be better than the 6-7 teams we will be fighting with.

Also it's good to see Redditch (unable to deal with a season of unqualified success) has returned just in time for us to receive a few kicks in the teeth.
Indeed, to all of that. There isn't much to lose in this game as nothing is expected from us. Unless we lose 0-72 of course

Thank you. I've missed you too!

The point I was trying to make is that just because it's likely that we won't get any points out of Chelsea I still think that we have to be positive going into the game. I fully expect Pearson and the team to be positive for this and every other 'difficult' fixture and it wouldn't be the strangest result ever if we achieved a result.

The reason that I was silent last season is that it quickly emerged that I was embarrassingly wrong in my predictions. I'm glad I was so wrong and glad to acknowledge this. This doesn't stop me being disappointed with the lack of signings for this season - although I appreciate the situation is difficult when there is so much competition.

17th would be a major achievement - and I have predicted a 17th-19th finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566