Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlupp upfront? Starting? In The Prem? Are you shitting me? The lad's finishing is woeful, better used as a sub out wide this year IMO unless he finally gains some composure in front of goal. He needs to take a leaf out of Dyer's books as well and use his pace better, there's no need for him to try and take people on and fail at it when he can just knock it by them and outrun them...

Wasyl a midfield enforcer! You never know what Nigel might decide yo do.

Schlupp upfront? Starting? In The Prem? Are you shitting me? The lad's finishing is woeful, better used as a sub out wide this year IMO unless he finally gains some composure in front of goal. He needs to take a leaf out of Dyer's books as well and use his pace better, there's no need for him to try and take people on and fail at it when he can just knock it by them and outrun them...

I didn't say Wasyl in midfield or Schlupp up front.

that approach will get him found out by better defenders, just like it did with Lloyd.

I think Jeff is better off at left back using his strength and pace. needs to work a lot more on his defensive game though

I think he's better served as a LB too. Schlupp is frustrating because you sort of feel he should be better than he is. It seems like he has a lot of potential but he has been around for a while now without really getting any better...

Big Wes on Costa
De Laet on Hazard's pace
Hammond on Fabregas
Ulloa can bully Terry

Anyone watching the Burnley game? Chelsea look different class. May be all about damage limitation come Saturday.

Anyone watching the Burnley game? Chelsea look different class. May be all about damage limitation come Saturday.

We'll be playing the team, top of the table on Saturday

For me the critical aspect is ensuring we don't take a real thumping and damage confidence for the rest of the season, if we can keep it down to a 2 goal margin then it will have been a relative success, anything else better would be a real bonus. I certainly wouldn't risk any player not 100% fit as there are far more important games on the horizon.

As for the formation, in an ideal world you would pack the midfield, keep it really compact and deny space, 3-6-1 formation would be ideal, however given injuries and limited options we will struggle to contain them.

We seriously need to bring someone in for this game, as we only currently have 4 midfielders fit when we could really do with a minimum of 5 in midfield for this one. Hammond and King did fantastically well against Everton but I seriously worry about them against Chelsea without someone else in the middle with them.

Eek. Think West Ham last season; somehow battled to a 0-0 and should have won it themselves but for Carroll being a carthorse. King proved he can knock it about nicely on Saturday, so it might be worth him and Hammond slotting deeper with Knocky in the hole behind Ulloa. Hopefully Albrighton's back.

Cue Mourinho laying into a newly promoted side and Pearson headbutting him in the chest after the post-match presser.

Chelsea certainly looked good, but we are better than Burnley, much better defensively and we have much more speed up front . We will definitely give them a better game than Burnley. Realistically 2:1 Chelsea optimistically 1:1 draw after a couple of pints 2:1 Leicester.

if we can keep it down to a 2 goal margin then it will have been a relative success.

Mourinho teams tend to settle for what they have and lack the killer instinct to really slaughter teams!

Oh shit, what have I said?!!

Mourinho teams tend to settle for what they have and lack the killer instinct to really slaughter teams!

Oh shit, what have I said?!!
Is there still time to delete your post?

Oh shit! I might have ruined that possiblity by quoting you!

Last edited:
Well, we're going to be hopelessly short in midfield for this one, and I suspect Hazard will tear us apart down the left hand side
We'll also be wearing a shitty red kit

If we escape with a defeat that is less than a three goal margin, I will consider it a good effort.

Doubt it though - 4-0 to Chelsea

Well, we're going to be hopelessly short in midfield for this one, and I suspect Hazard will tear us apart down the left hand side
We'll also be wearing a shitty red kit

If we escape with a defeat that is less than a three goal margin, I will consider it a good effort.

Doubt it though - 4-0 to Chelsea
Agree. Except about the kit. Red is rucky.

Chelsea Midfielders :

Cesc Fabregas
Ramires
Oscar
Eden Hazard
John Obi Mikel
Willian
Salah
Nemanja Matić
Marco van Ginkel
André Schürrle

Leicester Midfielders:

Knocky
Mahrez
King
Hammond
Albrighton

We will obviously shit'em

Last edited:
Chelsea Midfielders :

Cesc Fabregas
Ramires
Oscar
Eden Hazard
John Obi Mikel
Willian
Salah
Nemanja Matić
Marco van Ginkel
André Schürrle

Leicester Midfielders:

Knocky
Mahrez
King
Hammond
Albrighton

We will obviously shit'em

You know they can't play all of them at once, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566