Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Team selection will obviously depend on injuries and potential incomings, Its going to be a "backs-to-the wall" difficult game and a good test for us as a defensive unit. Hopefully Vardy will be fit to provide much needed pace up front. Albrighton is needed to help RDL in defence. Even the most optomistic of us will expect us to get beat so anything out of this game will be a bonus, im hoping for an unlikely 0-0 draw

This one brings memories of being the first opponents of the Abramovich era, Adrian mutu etc.

Anything other than a drubbing please.

Just don't get hammered.

Looking at their midfield options is utterly terrifying, they could play 10 top midfielders.

Get Vards running in behind that massively unpleasant looking potato headed bastard.

We'll play 4-5-1, for sure, but we'll still get murdered in midfield.

They will definitely score - it's whether we can keep it to just one or two

We might get only one chance, and we will have to take it

We'll play 4-5-1, for sure, but we'll still get murdered in midfield.

They will definitely score - it's whether we can keep it to just one or two

We might get only one chance, and we will have to take it

Hopefully get Cambiasso in by then to help with their midfield!

But yes, think it will be 4-5-1 with Nugent or Vardy playing right instead of Knockaert, Mahrez the other side and Ulloa up front. Midfield depends on who's fit!

Any word on Drinkwater and James' injuries? Will they be back?

Moore gives us the lead from a corner, Chelsea spawn there way back into it and win in a nauseating and gut-wrenching fashion.

Any word on Drinkwater and James' injuries? Will they be back?

NP said 2-3 weeks for James after the game. He said they needed 24 hours to assess The Drinkmeister so I'll expect we'll hear tomorrow.

Given that we expect little from this game, I would be surprised if dd is risked. (Assuming he is not out for longer). If we sign cambiasso's he will likely not be fit enough to play until after the int break.

So the midfield almost picks itself.

Probably play jeff on the left side with the assumption that he will cover Konch better than knocks.

And either nugent or vardy will drop into an advanced midfield position leaving ulloa on his own. again, I wouldn't risk vardy in this fixture. We got off the mark yesterday and I think we will look to nick a point against the gunners the following week.

NP said 2-3 weeks for James after the game. He said they needed 24 hours to assess The Drinkmeister so I'll expect we'll hear tomorrow.

I coach a senior team and we had a game so I couldn't listen in, so I don't know how James got his injury? I assume It was on the training ground?

It just shows how thin the squad is, I would expect a couple of Lewis holtby type player loans from Nige. He'll have something up his sleeve (I hope)

Last edited:
3-0 to Chelsea.
The ref with a hat-trick.

We've scored goals on the last 2 trips to the bridge, 5 in total, IMO that trend will continue

Think you might see Torres rather than costa next week. Jose will see that Costa will struggle in a physical battle with wes and Torres scored three last time we were there.

kasper, konchesky, moore, morgan, de laet, king, Hammond, mahrez, nugent, ulloa, schlupp

kasper, konchesky, moore, morgan, de laet, king, Hammond, mahrez, nugent, ulloa, schlupp

If there are no additions or returns from injury, I'd be tempted to play the same side with one alteration, Wasyl for Nugent.

Then we could play two banks of four - Moore, Wasyl, Morgan, Konch, De Laet, Hammond, King, Schlupp. With Mahrez playing off Ulloa up front. Chelsea score lots of goals from their full back positions or by their attacking midfielders finding space. If we just shut all that down, the only way they score is with a moment of brilliance or a mistake. We'd be a threat on the break and from set pieces with that line up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566