Chris Makin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nottm Fox said:
Yeah all of these jokes are hilarious, my belly is aching laughing so much.

If someone doesn't stand up and say enough is enough there is a problem. Nazi germany started with a few 'friendly' steriotypes. 'Jews are stealing our buisnesses', 'they are running our economy', they are rdegrading our pure culture'!!! Simple observations you might say, I say it is the basis for misunderstanding!!! If you create an US, you will create a THEM, its destructive and I don't think there is any place for it on a football forum. Lets stick to sport, rather than attacking peoples culture with 'friendly' jibes.

You may think it sad that the precious saxon line is diluted, I for one don't think it is sad! We all bleed the same blood no matter what creed or colour we are. I also think that I would rather sit in a stadium of people who share this view no matter what there colour is, rather than a stadium with even a small minority of people only capable of prejudice and misunderstanding.

If you aren't willing to solve the problem of racism in sport you are part of it!

thanks for that martin luther. your crusade is admirable.

i am happy to be unbothered about it (so therefore i am part of the problem)

my interest in football lies in what leicester and england get up to on the pitch, nothing more nothing less. if someone in the ground wants to scream abuse at me all the way through the game i couldn't give a shit so long as we win. my passion is football not politics and i think we spend too much time on stamping racism out of football. sorry for being such an apathetic unbothered racist moron.

I totally AGREE thats the funny thing about this whole thing. I want to come on this forum to JUST talk about football or sport in general. My enjoyment of that is ruined when I come on to this forum and find it littered with prejudice. PLease just sport, keep your political views to yourself.

I'm not trying to solve the problem of racism in football, I know that task would be beyond me. All I ask of individuals is to look within yourself...you can make a difference by being a big enough individual to not accept racial abuse. It can simply start here on this forum, and that would make a difference.

How can understanding of other peoples cultures and beliefs be too time consuming? :?[/quote]

i agree with you.

i'm not against developing the links with all areas of leicester's diverse community at all. god knows we need all the support and money we can get. i think that leicester city are extremely advanced in their anti - racism stance, that is why i think there is frustration when the minute anyone pokes fun at a minority (asians in this thread) the PC brigade react and scream genocide.

Nottm Fox said:
i agree with you.

i'm not against developing the links with all areas of leicester's diverse community at all. god knows we need all the support and money we can get. i think that leicester city are extremely advanced in their anti - racism stance, that is why i think there is frustration when the minute anyone pokes fun at a minority (asians in this thread) the PC brigade react and scream genocide.

No one is screaming genocide, I just think there is no place for it on a sports forum!?!?!?!

SilverFox said:
Nottm Fox said:
i agree with you.

No one is screaming genocide, I just think there is no place for it on a sports forum!?!?!?!

Quite correct silver, no need for it.

Dunc said:
Exactly, lets get as many Leicester fans as possible to come down to the ground.

Lets have sell outs and queues outside, create a great atmosphere inside the ground with everyone behind the club and each other.

Amen. I would like to share that sentiment with you as my final word on the matter.

i know where you are coming from silver fox but i just see football as a game (a beautiful game!) where this stuff shouldn't matter and i don't want to spoil my enjoyment worrying about everyone elses feelings. footy fans take the p*ss it is a fact of life and everyone needs to take it as it is intended. there will always be a few that are genuinely bigoted but i think that cuts both ways.

so to try again, how do you rate our chances this season????

a mild reference to a curry house and you come up with a comment about us being Nazi's, i think you are the one with the problem, if you actually read your comments against what you has been written you must have a great deal of prejudice and hate inside you, 99% of white people aren't racist and don't support BNP, therefore racist comments from yourself saying we are nazis is extremely unacceptable.

I hope to god you don't sit in L1 as i will have to put up with shouting racist, nazi, facist when nalis, williams, e.t.c player doesn't pass to dublin, Stewart. e.t.c

Nottm Fox said:
i know where you are coming from silver fox but i just see football as a game (a beautiful game!) where this stuff shouldn't matter and i don't want to spoil my enjoyment worrying about everyone elses feelings. footy fans take the p*ss it is a fact of life and everyone needs to take it as it is intended. there will always be a few that are genuinely bigoted but i think that cuts both ways.

so to try again, how do you rate our chances this season????

Good, if we can get a defensive midfielder sorted I think we have a chance at the top two. If the Connolly deal comes off we will have a gem of a goalscorer. He was the one player I feared when the Dons came to the Walkers because that season he was banging them in...luckily he didn't play.

I also hope we can sign Mawene...would be great to put one up on Derby

When You're Smiling said:
a mild reference to a curry house and you come up with a comment about us being Nazi's, i think you are the one with the problem, if you actually read your comments against what you has been written you must have a great deal of prejudice and hate inside you, 99% of white people aren't racist and don't support BNP, therefore racist comments from yourself saying we are nazis is extremely unacceptable.

I hope to god you don't sit in L1 as i will have to put up with shouting racist, nazi, facist when nalis, williams, e.t.c player doesn't pass to dublin, Stewart. e.t.c

I'm gonna say this one more time, now concentrate...I was not calling all white people facists...I am white and Irish. I was directing my comments at you! At no point did I call white people racists or supporters of the BNP...that wouldn't make sense given that I myself am white. I don't hate anyone, but I pity haters! Get it? Or should I get the glove puppets out?

When you're smiling the whole world smiles with yooooooooou :D

i hope we get mawene too, i think all of his signings have been good so far, dublin is the one who i think will make the biggest impression but yep, like most people on the forum, i think a defensive midfielder a utility defender and maybe another forward would see us looking good going into the season. roll on august 7.....

Nottm Fox said:
i hope we get mawene too, i think all of his signings have been good so far, dublin is the one who i think will make the biggest impression but yep, like most people on the forum, i think a defensive midfielder a utility defender and maybe another forward would see us looking good going into the season. roll on august 7.....

We have a hell of a lot of forwards but I almost agree with you because so many of them are unproven...i.e. Wright, Morris, Petrescu etc. Maybe we need another...Think we will have to trust Micky on that one. The namesake of this thread might do a good utility job, though at first I think I was undecided :lol: , have warmed to him a bit though! It all comes down to the defensive mid position, and please not stewart at LB, he should be left winger because he often looks uncomfortable at LB IMO

its obvious micky doesn't rate stewart that highly either by the fact he has brought tiatto and wilcox in that are both very left sided.

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As an ethnic minority myself I find some of the comments posted by unnamed individuals disturbing. I would like to strongly urge anyone with similar complaints to voice them to the appropriate people (i.e. Site administrator). It is club policy that we do not tolerate racism in any form, and it is just plain ridiculous to expect that we should have to tolerate it on this forum.

Hows being Irish an ethnic minority?

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As an ethnic minority myself I find some of the comments posted by unnamed individuals disturbing. I would like to strongly urge anyone with similar complaints to voice them to the appropriate people (i.e. Site administrator). It is club policy that we do not tolerate racism in any form, and it is just plain ridiculous to expect that we should have to tolerate it on this forum.

Hows being Irish an ethnic minority?

When you live in Leicester it makes you a distinct minority. Just so you know minority is when you are not in the majority. E.g. a fruit bowl has twelve bananas )))))))))))) and one apple O, the apple would be the minority.

Clear that one up? :?

This is a sports forum, I am talking now about sport! If you have an issue with that then I am sorry, I cannot help you. Write to your local M.P., have a coke and a smile...just shut the F*** up

bloody bog-trotters making all the trouble on the forum..
do ya like dags silver? :lol: :wink:

oh right what like an ethnic apple, i just find it bizarre that if your Irish you 'support' Leicester City???

Now you're just trying to wind people up! Either that or just thick as fibre diet crap.

oh right what like an ethnic apple, i just find it bizarre that if your Irish you 'support' Leicester City???

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that I wasn't allowed to support the team of the city I have been living in since the age of 3 because I am Irish. I didn't mean to upset you. Oh god how can I put it right?!?!?!?!

Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt...I suggest you take that advise to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263