Speculation Chris Wood to Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...s/wolves-agree-fee-for-chris-wood_170432.html

Leicester City have reportedly accepted a bid from Wolverhampton Wanderers for Chris Wood.

The New Zealand international featured on 26 occasions last term as the Foxes earned promotion back to the Premier League.

However, following the recent arrival of Leonardo Ulloa from Brighton & Hove Albion, the 22-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at the King Power Stadium, which brought about the interest from Wolves, according to Sky Sports News.

An undisclosed offer has now been endorsed, with talks between the player and the Championship club expected to take place later today.

4 goals in 26 championship league appearances doesn´t seem overly impressive to me....I thought Waghorn was more of a threat, since he sometimes emerged as a playmaker and, of course
became a famous "rattler of the woodwork". Entertaining stuff!

For a 22 year old lad, Wood is a hefty unit. 6 foot 4 with massive thighs and thick set. Seeing him and Taylor-Fletcher warming up in front of me yesterday gave me a very restricted view.

Anyway, my point is that he's built like a target man but doesn't play like one. He plays like he wants to be playing on the last defender and running through on goal. But physically, he can't do this. When he is played as a target man, he can't do it because he's not tough, clever or willing enough.

Overall, he's been very frustrating. He could develop into a very good striker but he's miles away from one just now. There really is no point having him as a back-up Premier League striker in that context. Just as WBA discovered.

For a 22 year old lad, Wood is a hefty unit. 6 foot 4 with massive thighs and thick set. Seeing him and Taylor-Fletcher warming up in front of me yesterday gave me a very restricted view.

Anyway, my point is that he's built like a target man but doesn't play like one. He plays like he wants to be playing on the last defender and running through on goal. But physically, he can't do this. When he is played as a target man, he can't do it because he's not tough, clever or willing enough.

Overall, he's been very frustrating. He could develop into a very good striker but he's miles away from one just now. There really is no point having him as a back-up Premier League striker in that context. Just as WBA discovered.

Endorsed.

Not had all too many chances post injury. Has looked lively and likely to score on the odd occasion he has featured IMO. Certainly wouldn't be vying for a starting place next week but options are good, if we sign someone else then fair enough.

Sky Sports understands that Wolverhampton Wanderers have agreed a fee for Leicester City striker Chris Wood.

The 22-year-old, who joined the Foxes permanently from West Brom in January last year, has fallen down the pecking order in Nigel Pearson's side following the arrival of record signing of Leonardo Ulloa.

Wood is well established at Championship level and found the net four times in 26 league appearances last season as Leicester claimed the title and secured a top-flight return for the first time in 10 years.

The New Zealand international is familiar with Wolves boss Kenny Jackett having worked with him during a productive loan stint at Millwall two seasons ago, in which he scored 11 times in 19 games.

Wood joined West Brom's academy at 15 and was highly rated as a youngster at The Hawthorns but found first-team opportunities limited and had loan spells with Barnsley, Brighton, Birmingham, Bristol City and Millwall before joining the Foxes for a reported £2million fee.

Wolves have boosted their squad already this summer with the arrival of Tommy Rowe from Peterborough and Rajiv van La Parra from Heerenveen, with Jackett's men seen as dark horses in the Championship following their promotion from League One.

Disappointed as he seemed to be such a good goalscorer when he first joined, and thought we'd send him out on loan for the season.

But his goal at Watford will at least remain one of the funniest City goals of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566