Speculation Chris Wood to Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why we're contemplating selling wood rather than loaning him out? Do we need the money? Just seems a bit odd, given we haven't spent much thus far?

If NP signs another striker which he seems intent on doing, where does Wood fit in? Ulloa is first choice then we have Nugent, Vardy and the new guy for one or two places. I don't think Wood is going to get a lot of football and so selling him does make sense. If Vardy had been fit and we'd got the striker in already, Wood wouldn't even have been on the bench yesterday.

Despite his composed and vital finish yesterday, he's been largely garbage for us for 18 months. He also had a very uninspiring pre-season. I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for a place but he's got a lot to do if he's going to get near to regular football. Last season, whenever he was interviewed, he was clearly unhappy with the lack of match time he was getting.

I can still see him going before the end of the month if another forward comes in. If we loan him out, what then? Are we keeping him in case we get relegated and need him next season? I think CW has had his chance with us and blew it.

If NP signs another striker which he seems intent on doing, where does Wood fit in? Ulloa is first choice then we have Nugent, Vardy and the new guy for one or two places. I don't think Wood is going to get a lot of football and so selling him does make sense. If Vardy had been fit and we'd got the striker in already, Wood wouldn't even have been on the bench yesterday.

Despite his composed and vital finish yesterday, he's been largely garbage for us for 18 months. He also had a very uninspiring pre-season. I like the fact that he wants to stay and fight for a place but he's got a lot to do if he's going to get near to regular football. Last season, whenever he was interviewed, he was clearly unhappy with the lack of match time he was getting.

I can still see him going before the end of the month if another forward comes in. If we loan him out, what then? Are we keeping him in case we get relegated and need him next season? I think CW has had his chance with us and blew it.

yesterday's point might keep us up? my point is that if we get another striker then he may as well leave but why sell him? Do we need a million quid ? we've already seen that we don't have a deep squad and injuries to one or two strikers would mean we were short up top. loan him out on a one month rolling deal which ensures that if we do suffer any long term striker injuries, we can get him back within four weeks at worst, one week at best. clearly that won't be so attractive to another club but then we could continue to pay most of his wages to counter that. At least he would stay match fit and, come the end of the season, his transfer value to a championship club may be even higher.

yesterday's point might keep us up? my point is that if we get another striker then he may as well leave but why sell him? Do we need a million quid ? we've already seen that we don't have a deep squad and injuries to one or two strikers would mean we were short up top. loan him out on a one month rolling deal which ensures that if we do suffer any long term striker injuries, we can get him back within four weeks at worst, one week at best. clearly that won't be so attractive to another club but then we could continue to pay most of his wages to counter that. At least he would stay match fit and, come the end of the season, his transfer value to a championship club may be even higher.

Wood had six loans in three years whilst at WBA. If I were him, I'd be far more keen on a permanent move than starting that sort of sequence again.

I don't think one month rolling loans are a thing?

Wood had six loans in three years whilst at WBA. If I were him, I'd be far more keen on a permanent move than starting that sort of sequence again.

He's 22 FFS, and now looking at a season as back up striker in the Premier League. And he's just scored on his PL debut.

It's a complete no brainier that he wants to stay, and equally bleedin' obvious that we should keep him

Strikers that score goals tend to get elevated above those that don't. If he keeps scoring he will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566