Post Match City 1 Peterboro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Gallagher for us before they equalised.

Dominated periods without scoring

Still 4 points behind play-offs

That was bobbins. Shit set pieces, no aerial threat beyond the two CBs yet we persist in punting long and high balls forward.. what's that all about?

Seriously think we are a good way off being anything like promotion contenders, Play-offs will be a seriously hard push.

I believe that we are going to have to show patience this season.

I've seen us win and I've seen us lose - and in my opinion we are not really good enough to get promotion this time round- but I do believe that Pearson will sort it out in due course (if given the chance!).

The only thing that has made me smile is seeing Florist and Cov in the bottom three... :icon_bigg

The only thing that has made me smile is seeing Florist and Cov in the bottom three... :icon_bigg

Which shows how disappointing we are.

People on the phone in don't even think we drew.

People on the phone in don't even think we drew.

I thought our players heads dropped a little once we scored so perhaps this confused them into thinking we'd actually conceded then?

I could fecking spit I really could.Have never seen a side so utterly there for the taking as Pboro today.

& then they lost their best player to injury after going behind.

Bloody shambles.

Promotion contenders DO NOT drop points in circumstances like that.They score 2 more quick goals,kill of the underperforming opposition & sub crucial players to save them for the next game.
We on the other hand decided to gift them a goal then huff & puff to get back in front while managing to make THEM look the more likely to nick one!

I need a drink.

I believe that it is the midfield that is the problem. Today we lacked both an end product and a driving force in the centre. I hope Nigel has got a Tom Cleverley type player up his sleeve in January.

Last edited:
I believe that it is the midfield that is the problem. Today we lacked both an end product and a driving force in the centre. I hope Nigel has got a Tom Cleverley type player up his sleeve in January.

Totally & completely agree.& as I've said before at least twice the man in question is Robert Koren.A winger would be nice too.I can never fault Dyer for his effort & he's been good for us in his time here,but we need better quality.

the absolute first signing in Jan has to be a right foot for Dyer. All game, Beckford and Nugent where ghosting into space in the box and not one cross found them l. They found their striker the one time it counted. We played very well today until every final ball.

I could fecking spit I really could.Have never seen a side so utterly there for the taking as Pboro today.

& then they lost their best player to injury after going behind.

Bloody shambles.

Promotion contenders DO NOT drop points in circumstances like that.They score 2 more quick goals,kill of the underperforming opposition & sub crucial players to save them for the next game.
We on the other hand decided to gift them a goal then huff & puff to get back in front while managing to make THEM look the more likely to nick one!

I need a drink.

At least West Ham aren't contenders anymore then after gifting Reading 3 goals today.

That was bobbins. Shit set pieces, no aerial threat beyond the two CBs yet we persist in punting long and high balls forward.. what's that all about?

You must have watched an entirely different game to me. I don't think we used long and high balls forward anywhere enough today. We only seemed to play long balls in the last 5 minutes when we were looking for a winner, before that we spent too long playing more patient football when we should have been more direct.

I've been saying this for weeks, but I'm starting to think the attack is just as much at fault as the midfield.

Beckford is such a greedy bastard, there were at least 4 different opportunities in which he should have passed but decided to try and beat players or shoot instead. Can't believe on the radio on the way home they were saying "Beckford was unlucky to hit the post, on another game it would have gone in." It was a stupid angle to shoot from and he was never going to score from such a narrow angle, there was a player free in the box who he should've layed a simple pass off to but instead went for a shot when the pass made so much more sense.

Whereas Nugent is looking worse and worse as the season progresses. I've been tempted to write Nugent's ineffective performances in recent weeks down to lack of service, but I'm slowly starting to change my mind. A good striker should be trying to get into good positions himself if he's not getting the service and I don't think Nugent is doing enough off the ball to get into good positions. He seems to just amble about up front like Waghorn used to without any attempt at trying to create some openings for himself.

Last edited:
At least West Ham aren't contenders anymore then after gifting Reading 3 goals today.

The Hammers were a man down,Reading are a better side than Pboro.Also they have points to play with having broken through the 40 mark already.They'll most likely win next week.
My point is that we do this all too often.Other than Brizzle I think where we were dire throughout we've had these dominant extended periods of possession in home games & produced either nothing at all or not enough during them in terms of goals scored.Dominating midfield looks good on the stats but is pointless unless you convert it into a killer final ball that leads to an attempt on goal.
Not being able to do this continues to be our main problem.

Whereas Nugent is looking worse and worse as the season progresses. I've been tempted to write Nugent's ineffective performances in recent weeks down to lack of service, but I'm slowly starting to change my mind. A good striker should be trying to get into good positions himself if he's not getting the service and I don't think Nugent is doing enough off the ball to get into good positions. He seems to just amble about up front like Waghorn used to without any attempt at trying to create some openings for himself.

I was at the same game but obviously in a parallel universe. The Nugent I saw was all over the place trying to make space for himself but didn't get the service.

As somebody earlier said, the problem was our midfield mainly.

I was at the same game but obviously in a parallel universe. The Nugent I saw was all over the place trying to make space for himself but didn't get the service.

As somebody earlier said, the problem was our midfield mainly.

I agree the problem is mainly our midfield and I think most of us have been saying this for months now, but I don't think our strikers are exactly helping the situation either.

Are there still people who genuinely believe we have one of the best 3 or 4 squads as plenty of people were saying when SGE was sacked?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570