Post Match City 1 Peterboro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I thought Konchesky and Schmeichel had good games, but I thought Peltier was terrible today and had probably his worst game since signing for us. Was constantly getting skinned by their left winger.

I agree about Konchesky and Schmeichel but I also thought Peltier had a good game. King just seemed to pass back to Schmeichel constantly. Their goal was so predictable - we just seemed to give up for the 5 minutes before it and let them pass it around. I love Stevie Howard but even I can't justify playing him any more.

Last edited:
Generally speaking I've always felt that the only thing that matters is to try to get into the Premier League asap. I'm starting to think that it might not be for the best this season - there is to much work that needs to be put in progress. It's good that the realisation is dawning that our squad isn't that brilliant and Pearson will probably need a good pre-season and some significant changes in personnel to get things right for next season. We've got the makings of a decent defence including an exceptional keeper, but the midfield lacks width and pace and speed of delivery in the centre. As for the strikers - I think we've just got to hope that they improve both as individuals and as a unit.

Today underlined the problems- we aren't ruthless enough. Plenty of the ball in the first half, Peterborough could barely get out of their half for 20 minutes but we didn't make it count.

The goal should've sparked another period of dominance. When it didn't materialise you could feel the equaliser coming.

Two crucial points dropped.

Who would you have brought on to change things then Homer?

The fault lay in midfield, not with the poor feckers up front, who were flogging a dead horse

Frankly i would have happily brought Weale on, if it meant we could get Wellens or King off the pitch. Utterly useless, the pair of them

Anybody else feel that our crowd were even shitter than usual today? When the team needed us to really raise the roof we were found sadly lacking yet again.

I have a hard time convincing myself that the midfield four he has played throughout gives us our best chance of winning. Is Wellens really better for us than Fernandes or Johnson? That Dyer is essentially an ever present is worrying in a number of ways. Our issues stem almost entirely from the midfield...and it's where, squadwise, he should be flush with options.

I was hoping after last weeks defeat that he would make some adjustments in that area. Perhaps now he will mix things up.

Anybody else feel that our crowd were even shitter than usual today? When the team needed us to really raise the roof we were found sadly lacking yet again.

As is the case with Howard, if the crowd is the answer then we're all ****ed.

Totally & completely agree.& as I've said before at least twice the man in question is Robert Koren.A winger would be nice too.I can never fault Dyer for his effort & he's been good for us in his time here,but we need better quality.

We won't sign any players from Hull this season

When was the last time we won 2 back-to-back games in the league?

I don't think there is so much difference amongst the attitudes of supporters at football leagues clubs. Its mainly about expectations and whether these are being met. Expectations have been over hyped and we're approaching the middle of the season and it becomes clearer by the week that we haven't bought instant success with a few quid and its worse cos that money doesn't appear to have always have spent wisely.

I believe that the only thing that would have benefited from retaining Sven was Sven's bank account tho he's probably recouped all that in the termination deal - he never really got it at this level. But the price paid in bringing in Pearson is to lay change upon change and he's going to need time to sort things. Now the crowd wanted success immediately and have been led up the garden path by the hype from the club abd the local media. Naturally they dont like seeing us being mere middle of the tablers. But we've all got to put up with it for the moment.

I have a hard time convincing myself that the midfield four he has played throughout gives us our best chance of winning. Is Wellens really better for us than Fernandes or Johnson? That Dyer is essentially an ever present is worrying in a number of ways. Our issues stem almost entirely from the midfield...and it's where, squadwise, he should be flush with options.

I was hoping after last weeks defeat that he would make some adjustments in that area. Perhaps now he will mix things up.

No other midfield combination this season has done anything to suggest they give us a better chance of winning matches. Our squad has several midfielders all at about the same level and all only capable of doing the same job as one another. We are paying the price for Eriksson's transfer policy and for the willingness of the owners to allow him to spend millions on 'names' because he won some stuff over ten years ago.

I was a big fan of Eriksson not long ago. As recently as his sacking in fact. But the longer the season goes on the more apparent it becomes that he has crippled our promotion hopes for this season. Pearson needs more than just the January transfer window and the rest of the season to sort this out, I'm afraid.

When two teams let us play, as opposed to getting 9 men behind the ball or closing us down in midfield?

That's all well and good, but if we have any promotion ambitions whatsoever we have to be able to deal with that, don't we? The biggest weakness we have is an inability to penetrate opposition defences. We must be so easy to defend against.

We're too damn slow with the ball. By the time Wellens has finished ****ing about, the opposition has got back, leaving him to hoof it to no-one in particular or to pass it back or lose it all together. We spend far too long with the ball and the players we have just don't seem capable of keeping it. Wellens needs to be dropped (and King), they're both a waste of time.

Dyer needs to move the ball on quicker, he gets tackled every time, he's just not physical enough.

No other midfield combination this season has done anything to suggest they give us a better chance of winning matches. Our squad has several midfielders all at about the same level and all only capable of doing the same job as one another. We are paying the price for Eriksson's transfer policy and for the willingness of the owners to allow him to spend millions on 'names' because he won some stuff over ten years ago.

I was a big fan of Eriksson not long ago. As recently as his sacking in fact. But the longer the season goes on the more apparent it becomes that he has crippled our promotion hopes for this season. Pearson needs more than just the January transfer window and the rest of the season to sort this out, I'm afraid.

As usual, Lee, we share the same thoughts and you sum it up much better than I do.

I liked SGE, backed him all the time he was here and upset when he was sacked, but now the dust as settled it's looking more and more like he will end up being remembered alongside Taylor and Allen as a manager who wasted millions on crap.

Last edited:

That is exactly right. Your point about the January transfer window is particularly well made. The owners should try to adopt a bit of boring medium termism. Hopefully the Mockery will peddle back on raising false expectations for this season - and we can all get behind the team in moving forward at a realistic pace. Unfortunately, some players have been brought in - some at heavy cost - who were poorish acquisitions and possibly have unrealistic expectations about themselves and the club. Pearson will probably have to move on a few of these. Other players - sadly e,g, Wellens are diminishing forces in the team and may also need to be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669