City 2-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a very proud man tonight. What an excellent performance.

Thoughts on players....

Weale 8 - Solid and reliable. How anybody can criticise on the back of that I will never know.

Naughton 8 - A fantastic engine. Non stop, epitomised by a lung bursting run to win a corner.

Bamba 8 - Reminds me of Frank Sinclair only big and stronger. Looks like he is ready to make a clanger but is a fantastic physical presence. If Sven can get the boy to play within his limitations we will have a damn good defender.

Hobbs 8.5 - for me our best defender. Positionally superb.

Berner 8 - Steady eddie. Did a good job.

Abe 8 - Run run run. A tidy footballer with a fantastic engine and the ability to win headers against bigger opponents.

Wellens 9 - MOTM for me. Superb on the ball. Great vision. Great passing. Well done Ritchie.

King 8 - The evasive runner. Poses a great threat to the opposition. Doesn't get the credit he deserves. Doesn't thunder about but makes good decisions, consistently.

Gallagher 8 - GET OFF HIS BACK! A super footballer. Great feet. Great passer. Great deliveries. An integral part of our game, enabling us to attack with precision and quality. Oh, and he tracked back!

Vassell 8.5 - close to motm. Intelligent running and hold up play. He also chased lost causes and gained territory superbly. When he went off we missed him badly.

Dyer 7 - a little lost but his pace still provided a danger and put Man City on the back foot.

:038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038:

Last edited:
I am a very proud man tonight. What an excellent performance.

Thoughts on players....

Weale 8 - Solid and reliable. How anybody can criticise on the back of that I will never know.

Naughton 8 - A fantastic engine. Non stop, epitomised by a lung bursting run to win a corner.

Bamba 8 - Reminds me of Frank Sinclair only big and stronger. Looks like he is ready to make a clanger but is a fantastic physical presence. If Sven can get the boy to play within his limitations we will have a damn good defender.

Hobbs 8.5 - for me our best defender. Positionally superb.

Berner 8 - Steady eddie. Did a good job.

Abe 8 - Run run run. A tidy footballer with a fantastic engine and the ability to win headers against bigger opponents.

Wellens 9 - MOTM for me. Superb on the ball. Great vision. Great passing. Well done Ritchie.

King 8 - The evasive runner. Poses a great threat to the opposition. Doesn't get the credit he deserves. Doesn't thunder about but makes good decisions, consistently.

Gallagher 8 - GET OFF HIS BACK! A super footballer. Great feet. Great passer. Great deliveries. An integral part of our game, enabling us to attack with precision and quality. Oh, and he tracked back!

Vassell 8.5 - close to motm. Intelligent running and hold up play. He also chased lost causes and gained territory superbly. When he went off we missed him badly.

Dyer 7 - a little lost but his pace still provided a danger and put Man City on the back foot.

:038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038:

Top post Mickey. Difference between now and the Sousa era is that they look and play like a team.

As soon as Howard came on for Vassell it essentially killed our momentum imo. Vassell was working extremely hard and holding the ball up really well while isolated on his own up front allowing other players to get forward, when Howard replaced him he looked out of his depth and didn't look like doing anything to help create chances (esp. on the counter) the way Vassell had been all game.

Agree that it was essentially a sub for subs sake and Vassell really shouldn't have come off, especially for Howard. No problem with Dyer coming off though.

Vassell was injured, that's why he came off. Pulled a muscle or something.

Wow, what a game. Brings back the beauty of the FA cup.

Can't believe some of the stick that is being dished out to some of the players.
If anyone had been lacking, we'd have been thumped.

Man C first goal, we had 4 players go towards Tevez, leaving Milner alone, so to blame Bamba was out of order.

Sol Bamba performance was the best debut I've seen for a very long time. What a difference it makes when someone attacks our corner kicks. With a bit of luck he could've had a hat-trick.
As for him thinking he's better than he is, well he'll do for me. He looked calm under pressure, and wasn't willing to just hoof the ball. Looks a bloody bargain.

One word on Abe, hopefully that shot he had that forced England's number 1 into a great save, will give him the confidence to shoot more often.

Now you have shown us what you can do lads, go and do it to Preston.

Now you have shown us what you can do lads, go and do it to Preston.

That'll be the test. Anyone can raise their game against top opposition - doing it against a piss-poor team is sadly often different.

However, this is Sven's team and I expect us to thump massive Preston big-time.

That'll be the test. Anyone can raise their game against top opposition - doing it against a piss-poor team is sadly often different.

However, this is Sven's team and I expect us to thump massive Preston big-time.

it would be bloody brilliant if we did, I could rip my work colleagues silly about it for weeks!

An outstanding performance in every way

Richie Wellens was incredible - if only he could do that in the league. Abe and King gave excellent support. Vassell and Gallagher superb. Bamba bizarrely good and bad - but looks incredible at set pieces

Loverly stuff all round :038:

Agreed. Thought Abe ran Wellens very close for MoM.

On the Tuesday

I do hope that doesn't scupper Boc's travel arrangements.....

On the Tuesday

I do hope that doesn't scupper Boc's travel arrangements.....

You don't think he booked up for the 19th do you? He fecking did you know :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670