City 2-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is on ITV and one is on ESPN.

According to Digiguide, 19:30-22:00 is FA Cup Replay Live hosted by Adrian Chiles on ITV 1 on Wednesday 19th January. ESPN also have a game listed that week.

BOTH broadcasters have ONE game each.

So what they said on their website that I quoted earlier is a load of bollocks.

Who has first choice for the replay, ITV or ESPN?

One on ESPN, none on ITV:

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/facup/generalnews/fa-announce-new-espn-deal-821064602.html

"When the agreement begins in 2010-11, ESPN will televise two FA Cup matches in the first and second rounds (plus up to two replays per round), three matches from the third to fifth rounds (plus up to one replay), two FA Cup quarter-finals (plus up to one replay) and one semi-final for each of the next four seasons. ITV will continue to broadcast one match in the first and second round, two matches from the third to fifth rounds, two quarter-finals and one semi-final."

From itv.com.
Wednesday 19th January, 7.30pm
FA Cup Third Round Replay Live

There are at present 4 replays. I suspect ESPN will go for Leeds/Arsenal leaving ITV with a choice of Man City/Leicester, Cardiff/Stoke or Wolves/Doncaster. One game stands out in that list!!

Unfortunately I had to watch the game on the tv. Am I the only one that thinks the picture quality on ESPN is shite? Even on HD it was poor ... worse than ITv's standard definition.

And they charge £9 a month for a picture like that ... daylight robbery.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=70202A man city fan here asking for your patience tomorrow.

You may know that a former City player, Neil Young, is suffering from cancer. He scored in the FA Cup final between our teams.

As City were wearing Red and Black on the day, we have been given red and black scarves to celebrate him.

As part of this, I am arranging City fans to do what we call the Poznan on the 24th minute, when he scored that day. We shall turn around and bounce up and down with our scarves. It will look like a sea of red and black and we are hping he will be watching and see it and it aids his battle.

Therefore, may I ask that you do not sing obscenities at us when we do it, as i'm sure you will understand the reasoning behind it.

Many thanks in advance.

It was a bit confusing as they were still celebrating their goal in the 24th minute. So it looked like some celebrated normally then stopped, then started again backwards holding that large banner.

Last edited:
Gally's deliveries today were fantastic. I'm not always his biggest fan, but I thought he was our most creative player today. They struggled with him time and time again (which I think is why Zabaleta was brought on). He was involved in every good move we had - and was key to most of them (including both goals)... how you can possibly think he didn't have a good game? ;)

On balance yes he did create chances,but he never won any headers and his commitment in the tackle again was not there,i think if he got stuck in a bit more rather than being a bit of a wimp he would stand out more.

The players that stood out for me was Abe,Bamba and especially Wellens who was outstanding.

An outstanding performance in every way

Richie Wellens was incredible - if only he could do that in the league. Abe and King gave excellent support. Vassell and Gallagher superb. Bamba bizarrely good and bad - but looks incredible at set pieces

Thought we could have won it, to be honest. Sometimes, dear Sven, you just don't have to make substitutions because it's the done thing - just let 'em play on and win the game

Loverly stuff all round :038:

Brilliant performance, I thought that Bamba's first game was faultless, perhaps he can become a hero here.
Very proud of the team, I only hope they can produce this type of performance again a few more times this season.

Thought we could have won it, to be honest. Sometimes, dear Sven, you just don't have to make substitutions because it's the done thing - just let 'em play on and win the game

Loverly stuff all round :038:

Which substitution did you disagree with? I thought Vassell was looking tired and Dyer out of his depth. Berner was a necessity of course.

I wasn't convinced by his choice of replacements though.

Which substitution did you disagree with? I thought Vassell was looking tired and Dyer out of his depth. Berner was a necessity of course.

I wasn't convinced by his choice of replacements though.

As soon as Howard came on for Vassell it essentially killed our momentum imo. Vassell was working extremely hard and holding the ball up really well while isolated on his own up front allowing other players to get forward, when Howard replaced him he looked out of his depth and didn't look like doing anything to help create chances (esp. on the counter) the way Vassell had been all game.

Agree that it was essentially a sub for subs sake and Vassell really shouldn't have come off, especially for Howard. No problem with Dyer coming off though.

Last edited:
As soon as Howard came on for Vassell it essentially killed our momentum imo. Vassell was working extremely hard and holding the ball up really well while isolated on his own up front allowing other players to get forward, when Howard replaced him he looked out of his depth and didn't look like doing anything to help create chances (esp. on the counter) the way Vassell had been all game.

I agree Howard was a very poor choice and Waghorn looked well below his best too. I thought Vassell had a great game but just looked like he was starting to flag.

I think Howard was a bad move... but at the same we were getting crosses in and threatening from set pieces.... I don't think we got a corner while Howard was on, but could see the thinking behind it even if I didn't agree with it.

Personally I would've just put Waggy in the middle, and moved Vassell out wide, because he still had enough in him to help fight I think

I strongly disagree. I absolutely wouldn't play Vassell out wide, he looked mediocre when he played their first few games, but since he has been played in the middle he has looked fantastic and Waghorn would no way be the player to do the job Vassell was doing in the centre today. Didn't think Vassell looked that tired at all really, thought he should've stayed on. None of these opinions make any difference as the game's gone though.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree. I absolutely wouldn't play Vassell out wide, he looked mediocre when he played their first few games, but since he has been played in the middle he has looked fantastic and Waghorn would no way be the player to do the job Vassell was doing in the centre today. Didn't think Vassell looked that tired at all really, thought he should've stayed on. None of these opinions make any difference as the game's gone though.

I agree, but I just mean for the last 10 minutes or so of the game... I think Waghorn through the middle would've been more effective than Howard. And obviously Vassell out wide is better than Howard

But what's the problem with Waghorn out wide and Vassell in the middle? It was working fine like that until Vassell came off. Plus if anything playing on the wing is going to be harder on a tired player in the centre.

But what's the problem with Waghorn out wide and Vassell in the middle? It was working fine like that until Vassell came off. Plus if anything playing on the wing is going to be harder on a tired player in the centre.

If he felt like Vassell was running out of steam, or we needed a change up front.... I think that was a better option than Howard up front with Waggy wide.

Well I disagree, thought we were all over ManCity at that point and nothing needed changing. The substitution of Howard for Vassell completely killed our momentum for me. But we're going in circles, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670