City 2-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was good stuff. Important to keep the good home record going even though at adds a game to an already congested fixture list IMO. Thought we did well in the first half and looked even better in the second. Played some real nice passing football at times that was really entertaining to watch and that feeling you get when you see your team giving one of the top Premiership sides a lesson in how to play that football was just super :)

Our set piece delivery quality has greatly improved of late and Bamba looks as though he adds a real aerial threat for us that we haven't seen much of in far too long! Thought he looked a bit casual at the back in the first half but in the second made a few good blocks. Looks to be a good buy for £250,000.

Really happy with that. Showed everyone what we are capable of :)

It's amazing how average Man City looked despite all of the millions they have spent on players. Lescott - £ 22m, Milner - £ 25m, Kolarov - £ 15m. Toure and Vieira are past their best. De Jong stamped on Wellens' hand - dirty so and so. What a joke! Didn't think that Jo Hart looked international class either.

Great effort, for me the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Mr R Wellens. Absolutely superb performance yet again from him. He is far and away our best player at the moment. He bossed it today for me.

Well done LCFC, Abe and Naughton too stood out, as did Bamba... Nice.

Richie Wellens was almost unplayable. He was dancing around their players as if they weren't there.

Great effort, for me the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Mr R Wellens. Absolutely superb performance yet again from him. He is far and away our best player at the moment. He bossed it today for me.

Quite amazing that some cite him as someone we should flog. Alongside Vassell, time and time he can actually beat one of their players with skill. To the point where clearly it was getting on De Jong, Vieira and Tevez's nerves. I thought it was a fair result Man City missed two sitters, we had one off the line plus a couple of incredible saves from Hart.

We learnt our lesson in the first half and then pushed on brilliantly. The pride I get from the effort is massive, win or lose as per usual, now City will lose the replay 4-3 in heart-wrenching circumstances. Back five today did really well on keeping Tevez quiet, showing Johnson up to be the one footed wonder he is and making Jo look like Akinbiyi. Bamba will make mistakes without a doubt, he has an air of casualness about him but he's an athlete and half which will help him have more good games than bad's for us on that form.

Abe was smashing first half and then Wellens dominated the second. Gally and King were as they normally are; come up with some brilliance despite an in and out showing. Tbf to Gally, he's upped his workrate tenfold recently and the amount of times Boateng gave the ball was testiment to that.

Vassell once provide the workhorse he is with a bag of trick. He will perform for us I reckon unless he complete loses confidence. Dyer...a little out of his depth I though.

Enjoyable afternoon.

I think Abe and Gally stood out most for me today, followed by Naughton and Wellens.

Generally though, all good performances out there today :)

Last edited:
The fact that we forced Mancini into a tactical change shows that we gave them a good game. So proud of them today!

Last edited:
Terrific entertainment. Well done to Sven and the boys for giving us a team to be proud of that also have the ability to mix it with the big boys.

Excellent performances from 9 of the 11 for me. Big let downs were Dyer and King. Dyer was clearly well out of his depth against proper defenders whilst King again played in no mans land and really didn't influence things positively for us at all. As often happens, he gets a goal and everyone thinks he must have been great. He wasn't - not saying it's his fault though he's just playing out of position. Wellens and Abe ran the middle of the pitch and were outstanding.

I thought Vassell ran very intelligently and did a belting job on his own. Hobbs was the best defender but they all did well - and what a presence from Bamba at set pieces.

If we could play with that intensity and commitment in the Championship we'd never lose.

Thought Bamba, Yuki, Wellens, Hobbs and Weale all had cracking games.

Felt a little sorry for Vassell given he was often on his own with 4 ManCity defenders around him, but he did his job really well, held the ball up a lot better than I thought he would given his smaller figure.

Last edited:
Amazing debut from Bamba. Big strong fast and a genuine threat at set pieces. Hobbs take note!

Compare with Waghorn who came on, well off the pace and not aware of opposition players around him.

Abe and Wellens immense in the middle. Abe able to play fast short balls into space to launch attacks. Wellens just dancing around them!

I'm just delighted and surprised that after full time I'm ****ed off with our luck that we didn't win it. Dyer did look out of his depth but all our players should have been out of their depth today, they weren't and we had the better of it.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=202933&start=800

Haha.

Pitch didn't have enough grass on it, Leicester are shit (hmmm...might have to blast out the table under Sven on that one), loads of other excuses.

Hahaha.

King's equaliser was a super answer to their rather premature 'ole' chanting.

From the same forum:

'Leicester are very poor I watched Ipswich pummel them two weeks ago. Lets not start talking the opposition up.'

I thought they wanted to play us on grass??

A terrific performance from a number of players today...but as stated Wellens was outstanding in the second half. Amazing that he has never had a real chance in the top flight.

Abe too was truly superb and I've rarely, if ever, seen a city player with an engine like his.

Bamba looked the business and if he continues to cause problems like that from set pieces it's a brilliant bit of work from sven to essentially trade Morrison for Bamba.

Hobbs excellent.

Naughton, given the lack of depth of right backs for England has every chance of getting a call up in the next few years.

Berner struggled in the first half but as man city shrunk in the second half he looked more comfortable.

Vassell ran his bollocks off.

My only complaint and it's probably simply because I don't rate them was Weale who always makes me nervous and should have done a bit better with the second and Howard getting on the pitch...so far out of his level it's unbelieveable.

Also Mancini was woeful with his decisions...wrong man for that job.

My only complaint and it's probably simply because I don't rate them was Weale who always makes me nervous and should have done a bit better with the second.

What about the bravery showcased on the De Jong chance or blocking Vieira's shot from point blank range or his clever save from Tevez in the final minute? He was good today.

From the same forum:

'Leicester are very poor I watched Ipswich pummel them two weeks ago. Lets not start talking the opposition up.'

I thought they wanted to play us on grass??

To be fair, the majority of them don't sound very clever. Maybe they forget that we were using the same pitch. I thought we were popping it about just nicely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669