City to play Real Madrid in pre-season friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
pair of miserable ****ers!

That's better - much more restrained. No direct references to geriatric nor mental health related issues.

I see your post as a sign of conciliation and goodwill.

I applaud the club on arranging this friendly as a marketing event. I won't be there because I find all non-competitive sport essentially meaningless and boring - but it's good for the kids to get a chance to see Real Madrid. As far as Stringer is concerned - the man is a total prat to use BBC local radio to pretend that there was going to be a news item that has any great importance - but to be fair given Stringer's well known childishness then anyone with any sense knew it would be along the lines of a tasty pre-season practice game.

Who said or implied that? The only questioning I have seen in this thread is how "big", "massive" or "enormous" playing Real Madrid in a friendly truly is. I say without fear of contradiction that playing Real Madrid in a friendly is much more exciting than playing WBA, even with their celebrity supporters, Nick Hancock and Adrian Chiles.

However much like the game against Barcelona, many would suspect it is only a pleasant distraction in the grand scheme of things, getting into the PL. :icon_bigg

Well, i though t i meant that on the face of it it is more exciting to be playing Madrid than WBA?

I can't remember quoting big, massive or enormous anywhere in my posts?

There is nothing wrong with pleasant distractions is there?

Didn't we play them in a pre season friendly - possibly one of the more attractive teams in recent times?

Yes I believe we did, though I don't see why Real being a more interesting team to play than any random club should mean I have to be excited by it.

Yes I believe we did, though I don't see why Real being a more interesting team to play than any random club should mean I have to be excited by it.

To be fair what makes you think i was quoting you directly?

I was pointing out that playing Madrid is a good thing and is positive and even on the face of it as a publicity stunt - there can be no bad in it.

Well, i though t i meant that on the face of it it is more exciting to be playing Madrid than WBA?

I can't remember quoting big, massive or enormous anywhere in my posts?

There is nothing wrong with pleasant distractions is there?

You didn't but the BBC did and a few people myself included have been a bit peeved, of a cynical mind at the flagrant overselling of the friendly, welcome though it is. :icon_wink

You didn't but the BBC did and a few people myself included have been a bit peeved, of a cynical mind at the flagrant overselling of the friendly, welcome though it is. :icon_wink

Fair enough.

To be fair what makes you think i was quoting you directly?

I was pointing out that playing Madrid is a good thing and is positive and even on the face of it as a publicity stunt - there can be no bad in it.

I was one of the few who have said they're not bothered who we play, you then addressed fans who had that view by saying they (therefore me included) should **** off and support someone else. Unless of course you mean why did I think the West Brom thing was quoting me directly well, you quoted me directly. I don't think anyone has said it's a bad thing?

I don't think anyone has said it's a bad thing?

Not one single poster on here has even suggested that it's not a good coup for the club. The only complaint has been about the way that Stringy has mmmmmmmmmmmassively over-hyped it on RL yesterday during the commentary. He was like an eight year old girl who'd just won tickets to meet Jedward.

So, apparently, if you justifiably think Stringy is a cockend, then you are a mmmmmmmmmmassive ****ing embarrassment to the club and you should **** off and support somebody else.

Well, that's me told then.

Not one single poster on here has even suggested that it's not a good coup for the club. The only complaint has been about the way that Stringy has mmmmmmmmmmmassively over-hyped it on RL yesterday during the commentary. He was like an eight year old girl who'd just won tickets to meet Jedward.

So, apparently, if you justifiably think Stringy is a cockend, then you are a mmmmmmmmmmassive ****ing embarrassment to the club and you should **** off and support somebody else.

Aye, **** off.

I've consulted my members (ahem) and they all agree you should **** off too :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00