City to play Real Madrid in pre-season friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that this meaningless friendly won't be at the expence of the big day out at Quorn?

That's better - much more restrained. No direct references to geriatric nor mental health related issues.

I see your post as a sign of conciliation and goodwill.

I applaud the club on arranging this friendly as a marketing event. I won't be there because I find all non-competitive sport essentially meaningless and boring - but it's good for the kids to get a chance to see Real Madrid. As far as Stringer is concerned - the man is a total prat to use BBC local radio to pretend that there was going to be a news item that has any great importance - but to be fair given Stringer's well known childishness then anyone with any sense knew it would be along the lines of a tasty pre-season practice game.

Booooo...I come on here to post and find that you've done it for me.

Is this a good friendly? Yes.
Is it probably the best friendly? Arguable.
Is it still another boring, good-for-nothing other than arguably improving match fitness, pointless friendly? Yes.
Will I be going? No.
Are people moaning at people moaning that this wasn't huge news? Yes.

Isn't this good news for the club? And the fans? All opinions of Stringer's hyperbole aside, this is a good thing that has happened, can't we just set aside the indifference (borderline hatred) of a local radio commentator to be happy that one of the best sides in Europe is playing at Filbert Way/The Walkers.

Even setting aside the glorification of the tie it's still going to be a sell out in a pre-season friendly, thats a desirable thing in and of itself.

Crikey O'Rielly.

Last edited:
Isn't this good news for the club? And the fans? All opinions of Stringers hyperbole aside, this is a good thing that has happened, can't we just set aside the indifference (borderline hatred) or a local radio commentator to be happy that one of the best sides in Europe is playing at Filbert Way/The Walkers.

Even setting aside the glorification of the tie it's still going to be a sell out in a pre-season friendly, thats a desirable thing in and of itself.

Crikey O'Rielly.

It's clearly good for the club, and shows that we're moving in the right direction (albeit possibly using the old shit-or-bust strategy).

To me though, it's no more exciting than a new sponsor or investor for example, or any other method of cash-being injected into the club. Especially given that this may all be a PR stunt and a large loss-leader.

Booooo...I come on here to post and find that you've done it for me.

Is this a good friendly? Yes.
Is it probably the best friendly? Arguable.
Is it still another boring, good-for-nothing other than arguably improving match fitness, pointless friendly? Yes.
Will I be going? No.
Are people moaning at people moaning that this wasn't huge news? Yes.

Will those who pay real money to watch an unreal practice game played at a stroll in unpleasant humidity moan the next day that it was a waste of money? Yes

Will the game be tackle free save for the petulance of one latino that ends in a challenge maiming one of our key players for about three months? Probably

Will those who pay real money to watch an unreal practice game played at a stroll in unpleasant humidity moan the next day that it was a waste of money? Yes

Will the game be tackle free save for the petulance of one latino that ends in a challenge maiming one of our key players for about three months? Probably
I can't wait to see Robbie Nielson put Ronaldo on his arse.

Robbie might be having his pre-season with Brentford as he's thinking he might join them permanently.

Let's hope it materialises. They seem to rate him there, good luck to the lad if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669