Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe the calibre of manager we are able to attract (verses Newcastle as an extreme example) is largely due to our owners and the incredible support they have given our club.

The support offered to NP was unswerving and financially very strong. Other club owners would have fired NP' long before Christmas due to our position but they stood firm.

I would also imagine the money offered to Ranieri to strengthen our squad is not to be sniffed at.

I realise that you're terribly busy pointing fingers at other fans and climbing Mount Moralhighground but have you got any links to that evidence I asked for the other day? Thanks.

Dear Mawsley,

Sorry, but I am too busy to spoon feed anyone.

Yours affectionately,

Saint Volpone

Thanks for being the first (that I've noticed) to at least give an explanation of why you're unhappy with Ranieri's appointment. It's more than most others have done.

It's ridiculous, unless I missed the bit where we're aiming for the title this season, but at least you explained yourself.
I think there's a compliment in there somewhere or maybe acerbic wit is over my head.

My expectations are realistic. I'm in my 36th season and never before can I remember a better opportunity for us to progress. I honestly thought a top half finish was possible this year.

Why is everyone so obsessed with harping on about where we WERE and we should be grateful for an average appointment - like we don't deserve to achieve.

We're not in Division 1 anymore. The young players have developed, they now have belief that they can compete at this level and we've strengthened well so far.

I will give CR and the team 100% support. Always have, always will.

I really hope I'm proved wrong and I pledge if I am will personally launder CR's expensive Italian suit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Why is everyone so obsessed with harping on about where we WERE and we should be grateful for an average appointment - like we don't deserve to achieve.

What above average manager in your opinion would realistically have come?

Some of the names mentioned were ridiculous. Do you really believe a manager is going to leave a higher profile club, or one in European competition to take a job at a club that's just avoided relegation?

If we can raise our profile then eventually we will be able to attract better managers and players, but it will take time.

You might not care about where we were but that is the only measure that anyone can use to assess the potential we have to succeed. If we really are capable of better than that we have to prove it first.

I am not saying we should follow the owners blindly nor are they or the new manager 'out of bounds' for any criticism or reservations.

BUT, Claudio is here, the owners back him and based on Nigel's time in charge they will also back him financially and he will be judged on that and results. Nigel was very lucky (based on the first 2/3rds of the season) to get a whole season in charge so we should all get behind the new manager and look forward to a positive season in which we can move forward and progress up the league

Jimmy Floyd has just been on TalkShite, says Ranieri is tactially very astute and he is a very versatile manager.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Im not having it, im far more likely to listen to Jamie Scowcroft and the best mate of Neil Lennon.

Dear Mawsley,

Sorry, but I am too busy to spoon feed anyone.

Yours affectionately,

Saint Volpone
What nonsense is this? Supporting a statement that you've made with facts is absolutely nothing like spoon feeding anybody.
You do see that claiming to be "too busy to spoon feed anyone" just appears to be a complete cop-out, don't you Volpone?

What nonsense is this? Supporting a statement that you've made with facts is absolutely nothing like spoon feeding anybody.
You do see that claiming to be "too busy to spoon feed anyone" just appears to be a complete cop-out, don't you Volpone?

What is he supposed to be proving with facts? I'll have a go, I love a bit of homework.

The bloke is clearly a useless ****.

No signings, no use of an attacking 442, no daily pashun update - get Ranieri out of my club.

Including Wrinkly Old Ballsack Faced Codchops ****, who has the cheek to say he's surprised that someone has walked into a job given their previous stint. The ****in tax dodging ****.

So polite. Why don't you tell us what you really think of him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669