Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

No doubt his haters will be making a big deal of him being vague in interviews and not wanting to hold our scarf as well...

EX-CHELSEA boss Claudio Ranieri is being unusually evasive when asked which team he will be managing next season.

Ranieri told friends and family that he has a new job but only offered cryptic responses when asked the club he will be working for.

Friend Julian Cook said: “Claudio just keeps saying he’ll be managing an English team and that he’s delighted to be working in the Premier League again.

“I named at least 15 teams but he kept shaking his head, so I suppose he’s being modest and doesn’t want to make a big deal out of it.

“It’s a bit like that time we could have sworn we saw him coaching Greece in their defeat against the Faroe Islands but he insisted it was another avuncular Italian with a wry demeanour.”

At his introductory photo shoot as Leicester boss, Ranieri made the unorthodox request to have his picture taken in such a way that only the CFC was visible on the seats in the King Power Stadium.

He then declined to hold up a Leicester City scarf, insisting that he already had plenty of scarves of his own.

Ranieri said: “I’m delighted to have joined the club that I have joined. All I can ask is that the fans are patient and support me and that they never take any photos of me at the games.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...ague-about-new-job-say-friends-20150715100131
^

Rhodes

I work with a guy who has been a Chelsea season ticket holder for over 30 years and he says that Chelsea fans really liked Ranieri. I shall reserve judgment. Like others who have posted in this thread, I was filled with a sense of dread at some of the names being thrown around. At the moment, my overwhelming sense is of relief. I just hope that he is not simply using City to top up his pension.

Volpone

All very true but I'm afraid we're going to have to get used to a significant minority of our fans that have entered a period of mourning that will put to shame Queen Victoria's morose years yearning for Prince Albert.

For years to come, we'll get 'NP would have won that game' or 'NP wouldn't have signed that player'. It's coming, we all know it is.

NPs acolyte's will not be pacified by Claudio Ranieri. They wouldn't be pacified by Jose Mourinho or Jurgen Klopp. The messiah is dead and they will long for a 'third coming' until they're dribbling in their wheelchairs.

I was going to write something very similar but you have very eloquently done it for me. It strikes me that the ones who are most bitterly upset by Pearson's self-inflicted demise are the ones who are the most vociferously anti Claudio Ranieri. As you say, whoever would have been brought in would be getting the same treatment.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

It amazes me that some fans think that as long as you are producing results on the pitch, then it does not matter a bit what the manager and or players do off the pitch.

Do they not understand the concept of bringing the game/your club/your employer into disrepute, a legal part of all players/managers/employees contracts?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Willlow

I was going to write something very similar but you have very eloquently done it for me. It strikes me that the ones who are most bitterly upset by Pearson's self-inflicted demise are the ones who are the most vociferously anti Claudio Ranieri. As you say, whoever would have been brought in would be getting the same treatment.

I am sure once Ranieri has proven his ability and the team starts to be successful the fans will all be behind him. Only complete idiots would be anti a manager after he has proven his capabilities...

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
It strikes me that the ones who are most bitterly upset by Pearson's self-inflicted demise are the ones who are the most vociferously anti Claudio Ranieri.

I've been almost silent on both issues - but I can assure you that while I was shocked and upset by Pearson's departure, I think the decision to appoint Ranieri is a good one and think he will move the club forward. My biggest regret is the high proportion of City fans who do not and will not give whole-hearted support to the manager (and players) of the day. It is, I think, the greatest bar to our progress.

foxybru

I've been almost silent on both issues - but I can assure you that while I was shocked and upset by Pearson's departure, I think the decision to appoint Ranieri is a good one and think he will move the club forward. My biggest regret is the high proportion of City fans who do not and will not give whole-hearted support to the manager (and players) of the day. It is, I think, the greatest bar to our progress.

Bravo that man..... Very much this.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Where in that article does it mention Cambiasso's team?
It doesn't actually state it, no, but it's patently obvious that that's what they meant, it's implicit in the article. I'd say that's what gregs meant, probably.

I blame the club. if they didn't keep everything so close to their chest and under wraps, people wouldn't have to keep making up stuff and jumping to comfortable conclusions

Matt_B

It is doubly a shame as he atmosphere was so brilliant at the end of last season. I guarantee it won't be when we return.

LeeCovFox

That's the spirit.

I was out of the country when we sacked Pearson so found out quite a bit later. I was gutted if I'm honest but there's nothing to be done now.

I think Ranieri is an excellent appointment. He is a bit hobbled by a short preseason but I reckon he's going to do just fine.

PFKAKTF FOX

My little lad bought home his reading book from school ...The Big Match and the game was The Ducks versus The Foxes which the Foxes lost 2-1!!! Well for me Ranieri has to go, Pearson would have won that game, terrible start to his career to lose to some fictional ducks in a kids reading book:D

David Gwilliam

I was one of those angry at the sacking
Nevertheless Claudio has my full support - which will bother him not a jot.

I believe David, lesterboy and Rhodes are in a cult. Or maybe The Cult. David strikes me as an Ian Astbury kinda figure.

Mawsley as usual is right. I looked up Ian Astley on Wikipedia and he looks cool and good looking; the resemblance is uncanny . Any suggestion of my resemblance to Mr Pickwick is totally false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669