Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first off I'll just say this:

We know **** ALL ABOUT ANYTHING.

MON had one of the most lukewarm receptions as our new manager that I can remember.After a couple of months half the crowd wanted him given his P45.

Peter Taylor on the other hand was widely lauded as a positive,progressive appointment.He was actually 2nd in terms of most popular candidate in all the polls that were taken...behind ****ing Redknapp in 1st!

So nobody knows.

But what I DO know is that 3 years ago I'd have been creaming my pants at the thought that Claudio Ranieri would even be considering being our manager.There wasn't a realistic candidate on the list that even came close to his stature other than Hiddink (Klopp was fantasy)

We are the single least impressive name on his entire CV for the last 25 years (Chelsea,Inter,Parma,Juve,Valencia,Roma,Monaco...FFS!)

**** Greece.They've been just as shit without him,have barely any decent players & he was only in charge for a handful of games.Before that he got Monaco back to the top flight & almost nicked the title the next season.

I'm happy enough.

Now let's see.

PS - Holloway isn't that long ago.Compare & contrast.

MON had one of the most lukewarm receptions as our new manager that I can remember.After a couple of months half the crowd wanted him given his P45.

Peter Taylor on the other hand was widely lauded as a positive,progressive appointment.He was actually 2nd in terms of most popular candidate in all the polls that were taken...behind ****ing Redknapp in 1st!

So nobody knows.

But what I DO know is that 3 years ago I'd have been creaming my pants at the thought that Claudio Ranieri would even be considering being our manager.There wasn't a realistic candidate on the list that even came close to his stature other than Hiddink (Klopp was fantasy)

We are the single least impressive name on his entire CV for the last 25 years (Chelsea,Inter,Parma,Juve,Valencia,Roma,Monaco...FFS!)

**** Greece.They've been just as shit without him,have barely any decent players & he was only in charge for a handful of games.Before that he got Monaco back to the top flight & almost nicked the title the next season.

I'm happy enough.

Now let's see.

Cracking

At last, thank ****!!! Somebody in the know that can tell us all exactly what happened!
So what was it then? What was it that Pearson said to them that forced them to act as they did?
I've been dying to find out

Macky we don't know which was the point I was making in response to a poster blaming the owners for what had happened, nobody can blame either party as we currently stand as nobody knows what went on!!!

So nobody knows.

I'm happy enough.

Now let's see.

Take a bow, Sir! Very, very well said!

People like Lineker, Cottee, Tanner etc. need to shut the **** up. Of course it is a risk. BECAUSE ANY NEW MANAGER WOULD HAVE BEEN A RISK.

as may I add would have been keeping Pearson. It could all have tits up under him next season. BECAUSE THERE IS RISK ASSOCIATED WITH EVERYTHING.

Macky we don't know which was the point I was making in response to a poster blaming the owners for what had happened, nobody can blame either party as we currently stand as nobody knows what went on!!!
I see, so you made the point that we don't know what happened by speculating on what happened and placing the blame on Pearson :D
An interesting approach to take AtoZ

I see, so you made the point that we don't know what happened by speculating on what happened and placing the blame on Pearson :D
An interesting approach to take AtoZ

Yes Macky given that others can categorically blame the owners without knowing the facts ;)

Yes Macky given that others can categorically blame the owners without knowing the facts ;)

It was the owners who decided to fire him, and that is an actual real life fact

And it is they who have appointed a complete and utter clown in his place. That is also a fact

So yes, I can safely blame the owners for both of those events

And it is they who have appointed a complete and utter clown in his place. That is also a fact

Can I ask why you think Ranieri is a clown?

Genuinely.

I've seen a lot of negative comments about Ranieri but very little reason why he's not good, bar the Greece job - and even that comes down to one (albeit awful) result mainly.

I have a colleague who is a life long Chelsea fan.

When asked of his opinion of Ranieri he replied with two words......'Tactically inept'

Of course that would probably be in comparison to Mourinho so you might be alright.

Maybe we all got a bit carried away with who we could attract but there was a chance to make the best out of a shit situation and hire someone that would take us up one level.

I'm sorry I just don't see how CR will do that. How long has he managed and what has he achieved?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it is fair to say we know F-all about anything.

We know that the last time he coached a team it was comprised of professional footballers.

We know that team played against a team comprised of carpenters, mechanics, teachers and other trades. We know that the professional team lost.

We know he was described by the Greek FA as, "the most unfortunate choice of manager".

We know that before he took over as manager of Greece they were a penalty shoot out shy of a World Cup quarter final.

We know that under his guidance Greece finished dead last in their qualifying group for the Euros.

We know he got his hard earned nickname on the back of constant (often unmerited) squad rotational changes. We know that we need that like James Pearson needs a camera phone and an 18-30 holiday.

We know he has had 7 jobs since leaving Chelsea.

Hopefully he proves me wrong but I'm not really inspired.

When asked of his opinion of Ranieri he replied with two words......'Tactically inept'

Of course that would probably be in comparison to Mourinho so you might be alright.

Presume he never went to any of the games in the season where he broke the record for points gained and lowest goals conceded?

Of course those 2 achievements must have been down to absolute luck.

Whatever has happened during the last couple of weeks has not been Ranieri's fault.

Whoever had been appointed - even ridiculous suggestions like Schmeichel or the American soccer coach - has a right to be given a chance. Even less daft suggestions like Lennon or Cotterill would be seen as underwhelming compared with Ranieri.

The board should now try and keep Shakespeare and Walsh; bend over backwards to keep Cambiasso and back Ranieri in the transfer market. Nigel felt we needed another striker which I found surprising, another midfielder (replacing Matty James) and a winger (replacing Knockaert). No doubt Claudio will have his own suggestions.

Nothing that happens in the next couple of weeks will be a real test of Claudio. That will come in August and September.

Chelsea fans do tend to have short memories these days

Presume he never went to any of the games in the season where he broke the record for points gained and lowest goals conceded?

Of course those 2 achievements must have been down to absolute luck.

Pearson would've done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670