Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
English is most of the world's second language of choice, and I'm not sure how much would actually be needed in a football job anyway.

Really?

Can just see Vardy being screamed at in Italian and understanding what to change.

If I had a job in Italy I would expect to be able to at least have a grasp of basic Italian.

Oh dear,

Some people have seriously missed the point regarding '1 more point'

Talkshite were also not able to grasp it so don't worry Homeypants

Oh dear,

Some people have seriously missed the point regarding '1 more point'

Talkshite were also not able to grasp it so don't worry Homeypants

If he had said he'll aim for 20 more points it would make cock all difference like.

If he had said he'll aim for 20 more points it would make cock all difference like.
And everyone would be using it to hand him out to dry if we didn't look like doing it.

Some of our fans need to get with it before the season starts, there's having doubts and there's being utterly ott about everything associated with CR.

Looking forward to seeing how we go and how we line up come August.

And everyone would be using it to hand him out to dry if we didn't look like doing it.

Some of our fans need to get with it before the season starts, there's having doubts and there's being utterly ott about everything associated with CR.

I agree. It's embarrassing.

It's also rather telling how people and the media like to pick up on that one line and totally ignore the one below,

"The target is to maintain the team improvement and to build a solid base, to start to approach the Europa fight"

One thing is for sure, he's one hell of an improvement for the clubs media image and press officers sanity compared to last seasons circus.

It's also rather telling how people and the media like to pick up on that one line and totally ignore the one below,

"The target is to maintain the team improvement and to build a solid base, to start to approach the Europa fight"

One thing is for sure, he's one hell of an improvement for the clubs media image and press officers sanity compared to last seasons circus.

I agree with all of that Al Murray

Recruiting anyone is a risk almost regardless of who they are, particularly in our position of finishing 14th.

In 99/100 occasions with 10 games to go we would have gone down like Pearson junior in Thailand.

I think Ranieri is a potentially excellent appointment and we will move forward under his tenure, the one point reference is just ridiculous.

Looking forward to seeing what midfielders we sign and how we set up for the new season.

It would be great for the atmosphere of the great escape to be replicated at all home games next season. The siege mentality we had during that run helped drag us through to safety imo.

We start the season with a new Manager, new backroom staff, some new players and as one of the favorites to go down. I for one will be happy with any type of improvement from last season, even if we only improve by 1 point.

Money wise, this season is a must to stay in the League. I believe Ranieri second season will be more adventurous.

The close season has been damaging and increased the threat of relegation.

Any improvement on last season would be very impressive - ensuring survival itself would be just fine.

There are only two significant targets for PL clubs: finishing in the top four is one and finishing in the top 17 is the other. CR was probably about the best of the candidates for the job in respect of keeping us up. Probably past his best but MON seems way over the hill these days and the rest of the field were either established failures, too risky or inexperienced at anything recognisable as serious league football.

NP is not coming back so best to support CR and get back some stability if you want us to stay in this league.

The close season has been damaging and increased the threat of relegation.

Any improvement on last season would be very impressive - ensuring survival itself would be just fine.

There are only two significant targets for PL clubs: finishing in the top four is one and finishing in the top 17 is the other. CR was probably about the best of the candidates for the job in respect of keeping us up. Probably past his best but MON seems way over the hill these days and the rest of the field were either established failures, too risky or inexperienced at anything recognisable as serious league football.

NP is not coming back so best to support CR and get back some stability if you want us to stay in this league.
Spot on.

Really?

Can just see Vardy being screamed at in Italian and understanding what to change.

If I had a job in Italy I would expect to be able to at least have a grasp of basic Italian.

Yes really.

Ranieri speaks English very well and these are people who he's worked with over many years so they may well too. There's a limited amount of verbal communication needed around football - a vocabulary of a couple of hundred words I would think, so it'd be reasonably easy to pick up if not, and Ranieri and if needed translators can do the rest.

How much Spanish do you think David Moyes has?

What's frustrating is that some of the more sensible posters last season, those who berated Redditch and BN for being ridiculously blinded by hatred of Pearson, are now falling into the same trap with Ranieri.

I get that they are gutted Pearson left and think it's a ridiculous decision, so do I. However, once we were in that situation, Ranieri was about the best we'd get. I'm still considering cancelling my season ticket as I'm completely unenthusiastic about the new season now; but I'm not idiotic enough to think Ranieri is a step down.

What's frustrating is that some of the more sensible posters last season, those who berated Redditch and BN for being ridiculously blinded by hatred of Pearson, are now falling into the same trap with Ranieri.

I get that they are gutted Pearson left and think it's a ridiculous decision, so do I. However, once we were in that situation, Ranieri was about the best we'd get. I'm still considering cancelling my season ticket as I'm completely unenthusiastic about the new season now; but I'm not idiotic enough to think Ranieri is a step down.

Ahhh this post was going so well until the last sentence.

. I'm still considering cancelling my season ticket as I'm completely unenthusiastic about the new season now.

Obviously you will have alerted the owners to this potentially devastating financial blow.

You ought to be getting behind the team irrespective. It's the club not the standard bearer.

Matt_B ' I'm not idiotic enough to think Ranieri is a step down' so why are you unenthusiastic ?

I must admit I am not as enthusiastic as I was before the sacking of NP. It just felt like we had some momentum and things were starting to go in the right direction.

I am still 100% behind the team and manager. I am sure that the enthusiasm will return once Claudio has worked his magic.

However, I must say that I think it is too early to say if Ranieri is a step down or not...he needs to prove himself with results on the pitch - not his CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669