Clever or Traitor?

Clever or Traitor

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still get stick from the missus for putting a few quid on Derby in the play-off final years back.

After being so pished off with City losing in the play-offs I decided to make cash if we lost again.

I'm not arsed about the money I spent at the bookie, I was so madly deliriously happy when we won. If we reach a cup final again I would still be tempted, but not tell the wife.

But you're called Orifice so it's understandable

Putting money on a City defeat is bit like shagging a fat 'un.
You know you shouldn't and if you own up to it you'll get derided.

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to do either!

Putting money on a City defeat is bit like shagging a fat 'un.
You know you shouldn't and if you own up to it you'll get derided.

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to do either!

I'd say it was more like shagging a fat dead 'un whilst being married to the best looking **** in the world. :icon_bigg

Peter Cook always used to bet against his side. (Spurs)

Not sure what there is to read into that, I just thought i'd share it.....

Peter Cook always used to bet against his side. (Spurs)

Not sure what there is to read into that, I just thought i'd share it.....

Yeah, and he's dead, that's what I'd read into that!

Yeah, and he's dead, that's what I'd read into that!

Yeah but he also co-wrote comedy sketches such as 'sir' and 'i can't shit' so.......

Last edited:
Yeah but he also co-wrote comedy sketches such as 'sir' and 'i can't shit' so.......

Listen to you. You've got one album, Ad Nauseam, and you think you're an expert!

Bet you thought you were a real rebel whn you bought it on the strength of the puke didn't you? :081::081:

Listen to you. You've got one album, Ad Nauseam, and you think you're an expert!

Bet you thought you were a real rebel whn you bought it on the strength of the puke didn't you? :081::081:

i've got come again and live too. I'm no expert though. NURSE!!!

My dad forced all of them on me bless him

Last edited:
personally I dont bet on city games as part of a accumilator. I also try not to bet on Leeds, Forest or Derby. Because as they say 'the heart rules the head' and of couse those bloody sheep shaggers /or dirty LeedsScum always lets me down.

I have, in the past, however bet against City, because if city win I'm happy yet if they lose I'm content with a bit of cash in me pocket.

For the record I haven't bet against City this season...

oh, and I own a bit of Derek and Clive too...

Last edited:
OK, in that context, I would see it as truly shocking behaviour and disloyal if I put a huge amount of money on Posh tomorrow and ended up cheering every good Peterbrough touch, and celebrated the win by running round Leicester in a t-shirt with "Fergie for ever" written on it. :icon_lol:

I don't feel putting a small amount of money on, amongst a number of other football and sporting bets during the weekend, which means you may profit in some small way from a City defeat as 'truly shocking' or 'disloyal'.

And I'm not even going to bet against City tomorrow as I think we'll win and even if we lose it won't matter as we'll still win this feckin League :icon_lol:

As I started my original point - putting money on a single match is one thing. Putting it on Leicester to be relegated is another.

I would agree with you're second point.

Just to clarify; Personally i wouldn't bet against Leicester losing. If fans do it on a game by game basis then i don't have any feeling against it.
However, if a Leicester fan was to bet for us getting relegated (i.e last year) i see this as a completely unaccepted behaviour for a fan.

Last edited:
Does it make you happy?

Leicester losing and me gaining £6.50 is better than Leicester losing and me having the same amount of money I had previously. So, yes, it has brought a certain amount of happiness to me

Would have been happier if we had won though.

Leicester losing and me gaining £6.50 is better than Leicester losing and me having the same amount of money I had previously. So, yes, it has brought a certain amount of happiness to me

Would have been happier if we had won though.

If £6.50 makes you happy then I'm not tarring you with the willlow brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669