Not open for further replies.

londonfox

its time to make changes to the starting 11

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Huth

Albrighton Drinkwater Amartey Chilwell

Musa

Slimani Vardy

If Schlupp and/or Mendy are fit I'd rather them in the team over Amartey and Chilwell. Equally, not fussed between Chilwell and Fuchs for the left wing-back spot.

And yes, this starting line-up does not include Mahrez. Because he has been poor this season and thus should be left-out (for now)

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Huth

Musa

Slimani Vardy

If Schlupp and/or Mendy are fit I'd rather them in the team over Amartey and Chilwell. Equally, not fussed between Chilwell and Fuchs for the left wing-back spot.

And yes, this starting line-up does not include Mahrez. Because he has been poor this season and thus should be left-out (for now)
It's all your personal choice, isn't it, but for the first game we've ever played in the Champions League, where the group we're in gives us a chance of getting through, that looks a left field selection.

First game, Ranieri will play the team that got us there, expect changes in the following fixtures.

Looks like City might not be the only ones with half an eye on the CL this weekend. Club Brugge lost 1-0 in their Jupiler League game at Waasland-Beveren last night.

First game, Ranieri will play the team that got us there, expect changes in the following fixtures.

You're probably right. But I'd rather he didn't start with the side that got hammered 4-1 today.

Regardless of who plays and in what formation: I hope all of you lucky enough to be there have a safe and enjoyable trip. Enjoy the Belgian beer and celebrate an occasion that none of us thought would ever happen.

First ever Champions League game, let's hope we get a win to get us off to a good start!

I suspect:

Schmeichel
Simpson (Hernandez if not fit)
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs
Mahrez
Drinkwater
Amartey
Albrighton
Slimani
Vardy

I don't think heavy rotation will start yet - it will come after this game. Ranieri will want to name our strongest possible team. Slimani will come in with his CL experience

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Huth

Musa

Slimani Vardy

So you'd switch to a formation that they have no experience playing with only 3 days to train?

I know this is a sensational occasion for us but I'm sorry, the Burnley match is far, far more important now. We need to win that match. Therefore, I'm in favour of some serious squad rotation for this one.

I know this is a sensational occasion for us but I'm sorry, the Burnley match is far, far more important now. We need to win that match. Therefore, I'm in favour of some serious squad rotation for this one.

Don't be such a big girl's blouse.

Bruges is the first time in history that we've played in the CL and we can beat them. We put out our best team. Burnley are burnley - I agree we need to win it but if we don't it's not the end of the world - though I'm sure we will. we are better than at least 10 teams in the prem and we'll finish top half.

Beat Bruges and we should make the knockout stage of the CL and then even a mid table prem finish will still seem a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566