Pre Match Club Brugge v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astonishing arrogance about our ability in the Premier League, the quality of the Champions League and our ability to cope with the additional matches. Look back on typical European performances from teams new to the Champions League or how several extra matches have previously weighed upon league results from squads like ours. And by all means, come back on me if we've got, say, another ten points from the next six games. But on current evidence, we'll be nowhere near.

I'm sure Ranieri understands the dilemma. The problem will be player power with the usual suspects wanting to play in every match until they get shagged out or injured. His selection for this game will be very revealing. For example, Morgan shouldn't even travel given his exertions this season already and the knock he picked up yesterday.

We've played 4 ****ing league games for **** sake.

Insane stuff on here today. Pathetic, really

It's the Champions League. We may never see it again

Best possible team we can muster. Thankfully, that is what Claudio will pick

Insane stuff on here today. Pathetic, really

It's the Champions League. We may never see it again

Best possible team we can muster. Thankfully, that is what Claudio will pick

How arrogant.

Sod it...let's have a go...

Schmeichel

Chilwell
Huth
Morgan
Hernandez

Musa
Drinkwater
King
Mahrez

Slimani
Vardy

Schmeichel
Hernandez Huth Morgan Fuchs
Albrighton Drinkwater Mendy
Mahrez
Slimani Vardy

Mahrez free role to do damage. BT alluded to this after the game and i agree.
Albrighton on the right playing right to left balls for Vardy and Slimani.
Fuchs more responsible for balls in from the left with space unlocked by Mendy, Drinkwater and Mahrez

It would be ludicrous to leave out all the players on Wednesday who were clearly saving themselves at Anfield for their big day.

It would be ludicrous to leave out all the players on Wednesday who were clearly saving themselves at Anfield for their big day.

You make a very good point. A strong manager would use this as a rationale for making changes. I guess on Wednesday evening we'll find out who runs the dressing room.

You make a very good point. A strong manager would use this as a rationale for making changes. I guess on Wednesday evening we'll find out who runs the dressing room.

A stubborn and stupid manager you mean.

I guess on Wednesday evening we'll find out who runs the dressing room.
You won't be any wiser on Wednesday evening than you are now, regarding that.

Do you really mean that if we field our best starting 11 for our first ever CL-game, our manager is weak and let the players pick the team?
And only fielding a weakened team will show that Ranieri is in charge of the team selection?

You won't be any wiser on Wednesday evening than you are now, regarding that.

Do you really mean that if we field our best starting 11 for our first ever CL-game, our manager is weak and let the players pick the team?
And only fielding a weakened team will show that Ranieri is in charge of the team selection?

Bizarre isn't it? Some people are on cloud ****ing cuckoo land.

Reactions: FIF
Is there any chance we'll see Kapustka I wonder?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think that the players who got us to Champions League deserve to go out for the first match. I for one, would offer no criticism if that were the case; even if we were to fare poorly. In the long term, giving the squad belief that, if they work for it, they'll get the rewards, has to be good.

I think that the players who got us to Champions League deserve to go out for the first match. I for one, would offer no criticism if that were the case; even if we were to fare poorly. In the long term, giving the squad belief that, if they work for it, they'll get the rewards, has to be good.
Unfortunately we can't use Kanté even if we wanted to.

Subject to injuries and availability, I would expect Ranieri to start the team that qualified for Champions League.

I would also expect that all 3 substitutes would be used as rotation from no later than 60 minutes.

I know this is a sensational occasion for us but I'm sorry, the Burnley match is far, far more important now. We need to win that match. Therefore, I'm in favour of some serious squad rotation for this one.

Completely agrre it is the same opinion as CR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669