Pre Match Club Brugge v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are over rewarding people now.

Can we just try and win the ****ing game rather than treating it like some kind of testimonial.

It's the Champions League, Leicester City in the Champions League.

Is there any chance we'll see Kapustka I wonder?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think he took a large step towards the front of the queue with our performance against Liverpool but he's not in line for a call up yet.

I think that the players who got us to Champions League deserve to go out for the first match. I for one, would offer no criticism if that were the case; even if we were to fare poorly. In the long term, giving the squad belief that, if they work for it, they'll get the rewards, has to be good.

The players giving us the best chance of winning on Wednesday night deserve to go. Those who won the league got their rewards through extra money, cars and fame. Last year is over and now the players need to show they deserve to be in this team and in the CL.

I think we are over rewarding people now.

Can we just try and win the ****ing game rather than treating it like some kind of testimonial.

It's the Champions League, Leicester City in the Champions League.
Exactly. Something we won't do by changing the entire team.

The players giving us the best chance of winning on Wednesday night deserve to go. Those who won the league got their rewards through extra money, cars and fame. Last year is over and now the players need to show they deserve to be in this team and in the CL.

This all day.

No mass rotation or resting of players, no picking players because they were here last year - we pick the best team for the game.

I'd expect Slimani to come in, but other than that I doubt he'll change anything unless it's a fitness issue or because he thinks someone else could do a better job.

It's the champions league not the johnsons paint trophy ffs ! you play your best team .

You are right however safety in the Prem is paramount, I hope we go hell for leather in the Champs League and treat every game like a final however the league is the most important thing. Strangely we need more games it looked like we were improving just before the international week.

You are right however safety in the Prem is paramount, I hope we go hell for leather in the Champs League and treat every game like a final however the league is the most important thing. Strangely we need more games it looked like we were improving just before the international week.

Safety isn't in question at the moment. If we need to rotate tired players later in the month/year then fair enough but at the moment we need our best team to get used to playing together and get into gear. I'm confident that our prem position will sort itself out.

It's the champions league not the johnsons paint trophy ffs ! you play your best team .

Apropos nothing in particular, I was struck yesterday watching the Forest-Villa game on TV, how that must be the first time European Cup Winners have met in a second tier domestic league fixture. Definitely live for today for who knows what tomorrow etc etc.

I think that the players who got us to Champions League deserve to go out for the first match. I for one, would offer no criticism if that were the case; even if we were to fare poorly. In the long term, giving the squad belief that, if they work for it, they'll get the rewards, has to be good.
so how far into the season is it ok to drop any of the core of last season? just asking because some of them are clearly underperforming and I'd like to know when the celebrations will stop and we can get back to focussing just on winning

I was talking more about being allowed to pick someone that wasn't here last season and not get abuse for it

Who Claudio? Who is abusing him?

Who is abusing anybody for that matter?

I don't think there is a single person on this forum that thinks the squad isn't going to be rotated through in the these 6 upcoming games. To suggest massive, wholesale changes for the clubs first ever Champions League game is bordering on trolling, though, surely?

assuming Simpson, Mendy and Schlupp are all out I actually think this will be the team that stars

Kasper

Hernandez Morgan Huth Fuchs

King Amartey Drinkwater

Mahrez --------------------- Musa

Vardy
Bench
Chilwell, James, Albrighton/Gray, Slimani, Okazaki, Zieler, Wasilewski

To suggest massive, wholesale changes for the clubs first ever Champions League game is bordering on trolling, though, surely?

Easy tiger. I'm not stating anything - and never do - that I don't believe to be right.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League. Are we going to win it? Not a chance. Are we going to get to the quarter/semi finals? I'd be staggered.

So what's the point? If we finish third in our group and get into the Europa knock out stage, it could become interesting but that's about it.

This is a 'brand/money' exercise for the club, an ego trip for the players and a cracking novelty for those fans lucky enough to get tickets. I love the fact that we're in it from the ridiculousness aspect. I also like to see us grow as a club and this really ups our profile. And that's all I can think of.

However, none of these positives come anywhere close to the importance of our Premier League status. That's something that really matters to me. So far, we've been pretty shambolic this season. Inconsistent, awful defending, no shape/personnel or formation that suits us, a scarily new lack of fight, and so on. You lot may be taking our survival for granted this season but I'm not. I've not seen any evidence to date that we'll be fine and so can afford to take our place for granted.

Taking all these factors into account, hopefully you can see that I'm not on the wind up. I just happen to be living in the current reality rather than the past or some sort of dreamworld.

I'd do a full rotation on Wednesday, tell the usual players that they've not been good enough to merit us over-playing them. Tell them they'd better start winning league games if they want to play in future ones. Also, it will be a big boost for those players that come in and we might just find a few players that are in form and can deliver. The squad needs a major kick up the arse and this would be my way of doing it.

so how far into the season is it ok to drop any of the core of last season? just asking because some of them are clearly underperforming and I'd like to know when the celebrations will stop and we can get back to focussing just on winning

For me, I'd say treat this one game as a special. I just feel that they deserve the chance. Obviously, we want to win too, so if it isn't working, substitutions could change things and, I shall not slate CR if he decides to do otherwise.

Easy tiger. I'm not stating anything - and never do - that I don't believe to be right.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League. Are we going to win it? Not a chance. Are we going to get to the quarter/semi finals? I'd be staggered.

So what's the point? If we finish third in our group and get into the Europa knock out stage, it could become interesting but that's about it.

This is a 'brand/money' exercise for the club, an ego trip for the players and a cracking novelty for those fans lucky enough to get tickets. I love the fact that we're in it from the ridiculousness aspect. I also like to see us grow as a club and this really ups our profile. And that's all I can think of.

However, none of these positives come anywhere close to the importance of our Premier League status. That's something that really matters to me. So far, we've been pretty shambolic this season. Inconsistent, awful defending, no shape/personnel or formation that suits us, a scarily new lack of fight, and so on. You lot may be taking our survival for granted this season but I'm not. I've not seen any evidence to date that we'll be fine and so can afford to take our place for granted.

Taking all these factors into account, hopefully you can see that I'm not on the wind up. I just happen to be living in the current reality rather than the past or some sort of dreamworld.

I'd do a full rotation on Wednesday, tell the usual players that they've not been good enough to merit us over-playing them. Tell them they'd better start winning league games if they want to play in future ones. Also, it will be a big boost for those players that come in and we might just find a few players that are in form and can deliver. The squad needs a major kick up the arse and this would be my way of doing it.
I'm glad you're not the manager. :)

I agree but... How can we possibly think of a weakened side. Its the champions league man! Dilly ding dilly dong!

I see it's a Belgium jolly boys outing for Matt Elliot, Stringer and the other Radio Leicester team. Phone in mixed with Chocolate and Belgium beer. No doubt the City fans over there already are probably doing likewise.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League.

Well, the best I can say is that we have very different opinions on the matter. I certainly don't watch sport to get my fix of the solid and sensible. As a Leicester fan, after all we've seen in the last 18 months, I'm surprised you do.

As for the current reality. We enter this tournament as Premier League Champions and one of the top seeds in the tournament. To half-arse it would be criminal.

Realistically of course we can't win it, but we can win our group and get a soft 2nd round game and see what happens.

Still think you're on the wind up mind.

Reactions: FIF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673