Pre Match Club Brugge v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never, ever write our club off.

Ever.

Ever.

We can win the thing...we almost certainly won't but we almost certainly looked like being relegated two seasons ago.

We almost certainly shouldn't have won the league last season - 5000/1.

Miracles happen.

The most advanced point this club has ever got to

We've never been here before, and we might never see it again

I truly pity the person who isn't revelling and glorying in every part of this wonderful moment.

Bollocks to everything - my team is playing in the Champions League.

The Champions League FFS

The most advanced point this club has ever got to

We've never been here before, and we might never see it again

I truly pity the person who isn't revelling and glorying in every part of this wonderful moment.

Bollocks to everything - my team is playing in the Champions League.

The Champions League FFS

And as champions no less.

Easy tiger. I'm not stating anything - and never do - that I don't believe to be right.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League. Are we going to win it? Not a chance. Are we going to get to the quarter/semi finals? I'd be staggered.

So what's the point? If we finish third in our group and get into the Europa knock out stage, it could become interesting but that's about it.

This is a 'brand/money' exercise for the club, an ego trip for the players and a cracking novelty for those fans lucky enough to get tickets. I love the fact that we're in it from the ridiculousness aspect. I also like to see us grow as a club and this really ups our profile. And that's all I can think of.

However, none of these positives come anywhere close to the importance of our Premier League status. That's something that really matters to me. So far, we've been pretty shambolic this season. Inconsistent, awful defending, no shape/personnel or formation that suits us, a scarily new lack of fight, and so on. You lot may be taking our survival for granted this season but I'm not. I've not seen any evidence to date that we'll be fine and so can afford to take our place for granted.

Taking all these factors into account, hopefully you can see that I'm not on the wind up. I just happen to be living in the current reality rather than the past or some sort of dreamworld.

I'd do a full rotation on Wednesday, tell the usual players that they've not been good enough to merit us over-playing them. Tell them they'd better start winning league games if they want to play in future ones. Also, it will be a big boost for those players that come in and we might just find a few players that are in form and can deliver. The squad needs a major kick up the arse and this would be my way of doing it.

No chance in hell will Leicester City win the Premier League....

What's the point in football, id give up BN

This should be one of the proudest moments in the clubs history, and I would be angry if I felt the club wasn't taking it seriously, can't believe that some fans aren't.

I want a performance to be proud of. I can accept if we lose but as Claudio says, there is a right way to lose.

Strongest side possible, anything else is an insult.

There's also the small matter of some prize money.

• Basic allocation for each club in group stage: €12.7m.
  • Performance bonus per group win: €1.5m
  • Performance bonus per group draw: €500,000 per draw.
  • Non-distributed amounts (€500,000 per draw) will be pooled and redistributed among the clubs playing in the group stage in amounts proportionate to their number of wins.
  • Round of 16 appearance: €6m
  • Quarter-final appearance: €6.5m
  • Semi-finalist appearance €7.5m
  • The UEFA Champions League winners can expect to receive €15.5m and the runners-up €11m, inclusive of their share of ticket revenue from the final (no additional amount will be paid to the finalists in relation to ticketing as was customary in the past).
A club could therefore receive, at best, €57.2m, not including their play-off allocations or market pool share

Lets attempt to be as realistic as is possible for a bunch of fans of a club that should have no realistic expectations of even playing in this match.

Here goes...realistically...the premier league champions, whoever they may be, should absolutely ****ing piss this group.We couldn't have had a better draw if we'd phoned up & asked for it.
Last years LCFC, playing the way they did, would annihilate Brugge & Copenhagen home & away & beat Porto at least once.
Unfortunately we're currently playing like a pile of old shite & need to sort it as quick as.
We failed to sign any right-back cover & typically we may now have to play a ****ing centre-half in there (one still feeling his way to boot) Other than Amartey, who lets remind ourselves is still not much more than a kid, we don't have a single defensive midfielder on the books (even Mendy isn't a classically defensive type from what I can gather). This is a ****ing shambles of epic proportions in my book & will see us struggle mightily.

On the other hand, the Juliper is a piss poor league & Brugge have started their season in shite form too. So pick the best team available, both fitness wise & from a tactical perspective, put 3 away points in the bag & get some confidence rolling.

Then try & grind out as many results as possible til January when we can hopefully redress the ****ing criminal lack of cover in vital areas of the squad.

I predict a tense old season...I hope we can still handle one of those after the miracles of the last year? I think we can. We are LCFC fans, tension & struggle is what we do.

Maybe we should just aim to emulate Cov. 35 years with no ambition other than to survive in the top flight. The odd moment of elation - one top 6 finish, a nice bit of silverware courtesy of Gary Mabbutt's knee, and an away kit in a distinctly fecal shade of brown - yeah, let's go for that instead.

Computer says no.

We should be immensely ****ing proud to be in the Champions League.

Go, tear the ****ing thing apart.

Easy tiger. I'm not stating anything - and never do - that I don't believe to be right.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League. Are we going to win it? Not a chance. .

Not a chance was what most of the world thought about our chances of winning the EPL last season.

Whilst winning the CL is most unlikely I will not accept 'not a chance'.

We have probably the easiest group to win. Then it is home and away cup games, so anything is possible. Barcelona lose CL games to lesser opposition.

I hope Ranieri takes the Champions League very seriously, even over winning a few EPL games if necessary and let the CL take priority over the EPL while we remain in the competition.

We may never come this way again so should maximise our chance of success and progression.

We will always have a chance of performing well in the EPL and qualifying for the CL, but this may be the only year we will be top seeds and have the easiest set of group games.

Reactions: FIF
Apologies to anybody planning on mounting a bid for this season's COTY award - BN has won it in such spectacular fashion that the awards committee is allowing him to keep the trophy for ever.

Need some help please. I'm at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Does anyone know where they night play the match in Orlando? Or which channel it might be on in the US?

ESPN currently have other CL matches scheduled so it's not likely they'll have it on in their "ESPN club" bar. Any idea? Any Orlando Foxes?

Hi Thai - the game is on Fox sports here in the US. Fox Sports 1 (FS1) is what you need.

The Champions League is popular here and I'm sure it will be on in any sports bar that you can find.

Need some help please. I'm at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Does anyone know where they night play the match in Orlando? Or which channel it might be on in the US?

ESPN currently have other CL matches scheduled so it's not likely they'll have it on in their "ESPN club" bar. Any idea? Any Orlando Foxes?

I've watched games at the bowling alley Splitsville in Disney Springs. And as London says, it should be on most tvs as an option.

The ESPN bar will have it too, I'm sure, but worth giving them a ring.

After careful consideration, I've decided that I don't really give a feck about the Champions League. Are we going to win it? Not a chance. Are we going to get to the quarter/semi finals? I'd be staggered.

So what's the point? If we finish third in our group and get into the Europa knock out stage, it could become interesting but that's about it.

This is a 'brand/money' exercise for the club, an ego trip for the players and a cracking novelty for those fans lucky enough to get tickets. I love the fact that we're in it from the ridiculousness aspect. I also like to see us grow as a club and this really ups our profile. And that's all I can think of.

However, none of these positives come anywhere close to the importance of our Premier League status. That's something that really matters to me. So far, we've been pretty shambolic this season. Inconsistent, awful defending, no shape/personnel or formation that suits us, a scarily new lack of fight, and so on. You lot may be taking our survival for granted this season but I'm not. I've not seen any evidence to date that we'll be fine and so can afford to take our place for granted.

Taking all these factors into account, hopefully you can see that I'm not on the wind up. I just happen to be living in the current reality rather than the past or some sort of dreamworld.

I'd do a full rotation on Wednesday, tell the usual players that they've not been good enough to merit us over-playing them. Tell them they'd better start winning league games if they want to play in future ones. Also, it will be a big boost for those players that come in and we might just find a few players that are in form and can deliver. The squad needs a major kick up the arse and this would be my way of doing it.

But you seem stuck with the idea that it is either or. We can play our best team in the CL and enjoy the experience AND we can "survive" in the Prem.

You are stating that playing a good team in the CL condemns us to relegation and that is where you belief is false.

Never, ever write our club off.

Ever.

Ever.

We can win the thing...we almost certainly won't but we almost certainly looked like being relegated two seasons ago.

We almost certainly shouldn't have won the league last season - 5000/1.

Miracles happen.

THIS!!!

This is what supporting City is all about. Well said, Sir!!!!!

THIS!!!

This is what supporting City is all about. Well said, Sir!!!!!

Supporting us is also knowing we are going to suck badly at times.

I would go with this under a 3-4-1-2 system, giving Mahrez a free role

Schmeichel

Huth
Morgan
Hernandez or Fuchs (if Hernandez then Fuchs instead of Schlupp below)

Albrighton
Drinkwater
Mendy (if fit) or Amartey
Fuchs? see above or (Schlupp (if fit) or Chilwell (if Schlupp not fit)

Mahrez

Slimani
Vardy

Subs
Ron Robert
Hernandez (unless playing) or Was
Amartey and/or Chilwell (see above)
Musa
King
Okazaki
Gray (if others can't play as unfit)

Status