Club Chaplain

Status
Not open for further replies.
And teachers get 14 weeks holiday a year?

And professional footballers only work one afternoon a week, with the occasional evening on overtime?

If you think teachers are just on holiday during that period you are very wrong.
My mum and Sis have spent a whole summer planning for this school year, going into the school nearly everyday and getting it ready.

If you think teachers are just on holiday during that period you are very wrong.
My mum and Sis have spent a whole summer planning for this school year, going into the school nearly everyday and getting it ready.

Did you miss my question marks? Having worked in educational settings for more than 20 years, I am well aware that a teacher's work stretches far beyond the classroom and 9 to 4 Monday to Friday.

Did you miss my question marks? Having worked in educational settings for more than 20 years, I am well aware that a teacher's work stretches far beyond the classroom and 9 to 4 Monday to Friday.

Yep sorry Boc I did :icon_redf

Someone with some rational thought.

He's not banging on the door of the changing room getting the players to pray for salvation after a defeat, more so he is there to offer constructive advice (religious or otherwise) to players (mostly young academy players) who are in many cases 100's of miles from home and their families and who may not have anyone else they feel they can talk to impartially.

If they don't want to talk to him they don't, but to slate someone who is giving up a small amount of time per week to help the development of our young players doesn't seem such a bad thing.

If we didn't put in place advisory services to offer guidance beit spiritual or general then no doubt people on here would slate the club and say they were letting these young potential assets down and minimising the chance of success.

I'm an aetheist and wouldn't ask for spiritual advice but if I was away from home and wanted someone to confide in about any personal problems then having someone who is experienced in providing and helping with advice would give me some degree of comfort.

People on this forum just see a story and condemn the club/party/player/person for effect and it does my head in. And IMO its normally MF's posts that are reactionary, antagonistically or appear to be written as opinion presented as fact so thats why I think you are a tit.

Just my opinion I'm sure if I met you you'd be fine.

why didn't you just post that in the first place without being unecessarily abusive?

why didn't you just post that in the first place without being unecessarily abusive?
To be fair to Dunc, I thought I got off lightly just being called a tit :icon_lol:

Christ on a bike, a bloke- one of the fans no less- gives up a little of his time to help out some of the youngsters at our club who might be having a hard time, and it's whinge-whinge-whinge from practically the lot of you. You all make me sick, and frankly we're getting the kind of football club you 'fans' deserve.

I thought it was areally interesting and thoughtful piece, and would like to thank the trust for putting it up.

Christ on a bike, a bloke- one of the fans no less- gives up a little of his time to help out some of the youngsters at our club who might be having a hard time, and it's whinge-whinge-whinge from practically the lot of you. You all make me sick, and frankly we're getting the kind of football club you 'fans' deserve.

I thought it was areally interesting and thoughtful piece, and would like to thank the trust for putting it up.

Put that way, I find nothing wrong with what you are saying with regards to the club having a chaplain.:098:

What is wrong with you people.
Nobody from what I have read has a problem with this bloke, and from what I have read personally, he seems like a decent guy.
I think people read between other peoples lines and come up with their own interpretation just to appear to be morally superior

jb5000 said:
You all make me sick
I stay away from things that make me sick or ill. I suggest that everybody does. Unless of course it was a melodramatic statement

Tight feckers,they could get him a taxi to the Ground.

What is wrong with you people.
Nobody from what I have read has a problem with this bloke

i do. i just don't like priests. kiddly diddling charlatans getting paid my by taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69