Club Chaplain

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is the club chaplain not just the players chaplain, as such I presume he has involvement is quite broad.

After all doesn't the club have a rememberance garden, or something similar.

Eh? What makes you think priests are paid by the state?

the state mollycoddles them

it doesn't get direct money, but it gets loads of indirect stuff from the state. churches don't pay VAT.
all the money they robbed from everyone with all their fire and brimstone sh1te in the first place. all the land they accumulated, all the buildings

and we still give them priveleges, there's 26 bishops in the house of lords, why exactly?

that's 26 MPs in a democracy (yeah right!) with wages paid for by you the tax payer. were they voted in? no, the chruch of england made them bishops

chaplin-1.jpg

I understand your sentiments Hazza and in principal I agree.

But given the choice between a statue of an ex player (expense) and making the stadium secure for gigs (investment), I'd have to go for the gigs every time

Last edited:
I understabnd your sentiments Hazza and in principal I agree.

But given the choice between a statue of an ex player (expense) and making the stadium secure for gigs (investment), I'd have to go for the gigs every time

The gigs thing is pie in the sky. Recent gigs at Midland stadiums has proved that they run at a loss and I am sure the catering company at the walkers would not been able to keep up with the constant service.

City are never going to put hand in pocket to do either thing.

i think the only player who may one day get a statue is gary lineker purely because of his high profile-walshy is just as much a legend, but he was only big in leicester if you know what i mean

If we were to have a statue surely it would be of someone who meant a lot to Leicester, who cares if anyone else has heard of them? Not that I'm saying a Lineker one is a bad idea, just that we shouldn't disregard players just because they're not well known enough around the world.

the state mollycoddles them

it doesn't get direct money, but it gets loads of indirect stuff from the state. churches don't pay VAT.
all the money they robbed from everyone with all their fire and brimstone sh1te in the first place. all the land they accumulated, all the buildings

and we still give them priveleges, there's 26 bishops in the house of lords, why exactly?

that's 26 MPs in a democracy (yeah right!) with wages paid for by you the tax payer. were they voted in? no, the chruch of england made them bishops

Here you're talking about Church of England bishops etc - but Bruce is a Baptist minister - ie nothing to do with the Church of England, or anything to do with pervey catholic priests, so whats your beef with Bruce, man?

Here you're talking about Church of England bishops etc - but Bruce is a Baptist minister - ie nothing to do with the Church of England, or anything to do with pervey catholic priests, so whats your beef with Bruce, man?

I don't think he has any particular beef with Bruce, as you put it, but the Baptist church is just as guilty as any other denomination of graciously accepting cash contributions from people after filling them with fear of hellfire, brimstone & eternal damnation and as a church they also enjoy generous tax breaks from the state.

I should add that I don't give 2 shits wether he is there for people to talk to or not.

If we were to have a statue surely it would be of someone who meant a lot to Leicester, who cares if anyone else has heard of them? Not that I'm saying a Lineker one is a bad idea, just that we shouldn't disregard players just because they're not well known enough around the world.

Quite right. Wolves have a statue of Billy Wright, Sheff U. one of Jimmy Hagan. Neither are unknowns, obviously, but their importance to the club was the reason they were chosen.

Gary Lineker would be the only ex player that I feel is worthy of such a prestigious honour

Gary Lineker would be the only ex player that I feel is worthy of such a prestigious honour

if it was in bronze his lugs would cost a fortune.....

If there was to be a statue it should be either Gordon Banks or Keith Weller ( even though he sat in a bath and refused to get out for the second half against Ipswich)

oh and the chaplain thing...............WTF? He just in it to get a freebie ticket to the games

I don't think he has any particular beef with Bruce, as you put it, but the Baptist church is just as guilty as any other denomination of graciously accepting cash contributions from people after filling them with fear of hellfire, brimstone & eternal damnation and as a church they also enjoy generous tax breaks from the state.

I should add that I don't give 2 shits wether he is there for people to talk to or not.

just like any other charity?

people give money to charities because they want to, that's what charities do - survive from donations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69