Colchester - lost phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the pub yesterday, I was speaking to some who said some city fans were ejected from Layer Road because they were taking pictures of a City player take a corner with their mobile phone. Although, this is in breach of copyright issues, it was two innocent children and their Dad who were ejected when surely a ticking-off from the law was appropriate.

Sorry Clee not anything interesting in your case but something on the subject of phones.

In the pub yesterday, I was speaking to some who said some city fans were ejected from Layer Road because they were taking pictures of a City player take a corner with their mobile phone. Although, this is in breach of copyright issues, it was two innocent children and their Dad who were ejected when surely a ticking-off from the law was appropriate.

Taking a photo isn't breaking the law, it's against the Football League's regulations, so it would be for the stewards to sort out, not the police.
Surprised someone got thrown out for it though, unless they'd ignored a previous warning.

Sorry Clee not anything interesting in your case but something on the subject of phones.

Then they should send in a pound and ask for all the CCTV pictures that Colchester have of them. Two can play at that game. ;)

Then they should send in a pound and ask for all the CCTV pictures that Colchester have of them. Two can play at that game. ;)

spot on Steven, whats a couple of pics on a phone...... I find this so hard to believe it actually happened. Did anybody else see this happen

I was standing next to one of the stewards when his supervisor came over and told him that he had to stop people taking pictures of the ground (this was pre-kick-off), he made a half-hearted attempt to stop a few but saw it was futile and gave up. Colchester are obviously embarrassed about their facilities.

spot on Steven, whats a couple of pics on a phone...... I find this so hard to believe it actually happened. Did anybody else see this happen

I once read a thread on another website about 'groundhoppers', the people determined on seeing all 92 ground of English and Welsh Football League and they have been a number of instances where it's happened to them taking pictures of the ground.

A stupid rule if there was one. I could kind of understand if someone got out a superb top-range camera but a mobile phone, they should be no probelms.

Not sure of this is the place to ask, but did anyone find a phone at Colchester on Saturday. I think we lost it at the ground, we were stood near the Fox flag next to the exit to the toilets. Cheers. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your phone Cleefox, if anyone decent enough would have found it, then surely they would ring the numbers listed under "Home" etc. One of the lads who I work with found a phone in a club in Leicester last summer and he gave it back to the owner the next day by phoning the home number.

Not sure of this is the place to ask, but did anyone find a phone at Colchester on Saturday. I think we lost it at the ground, we were stood near the Fox flag next to the exit to the toilets. Cheers. :mad:

how about ringing colchester fc and see if anyone has handed one in :102:

Sorry to hear about your phone Cleefox, if anyone decent enough would have found it, then surely they would ring the numbers listed under "Home" etc. One of the lads who I work with found a phone in a club in Leicester last summer and he gave it back to the owner the next day by phoning the home number.

Thanks for that. I found a Members badge for Kempton Racecourse outside the Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium a number of years ago and I sent it to the Course so they could return it to the owner. Would like to think it would be returned but it was not possible to get a ring out of it about 20 minutes after the match so not very likely.

Sorry about your phone, hope it turns up! I take loads of pics if I am on the front row of the walkers of the players warming up and the stewards have never said anything...

Cheers. I had a couple of pics on the phone I took in the past for my daughter, can't see the harm really, you are hardly going to be able to sell them. :102:

Jobsworths, there are alot of them about!

Yeah - I was down that end in the corner and I saw it all happen too. I love how they antagonise the fans by doing things like that and then complain when tempers get frayed.

Cock knockers the lot of em. Obviously bullied at school.

Furthermore tho - the city fan that was potty mouthing the steward at the end as a "****ing disgrace" failed obviously to see the painful bitter irony that the biggest disgrace that afternoon was a father willing to turn the air blue with his 3 year old boy holding on to his hand crying.

You utter scabby penis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670