Colchester Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was honouring his old mans wishes. And they were to stay in lower league football until you are seen as the best and had achieved great things at that status, then and only then move up to higher leagues.

Well it's a strange situation.

Son of a great manager; well-known England international himself; talks intelligently & well presented....and yet no one has seemingly offered hin a job even at League 2 level.

Son of a great manager; well-known England international himself; talks intelligently & well presented....and yet no one has seemingly offered hin a job even at League 2 level.
Indeed, and one other possible scenario is that he's happy where he is, feels he still has a job to complete at Burton and isn't whoring himself around the media everytime a vacant position becomes available.

Who knows?

No ambition? :102:

Is that your spelling or his? Because one of you dickheads has got it wrong.

His spelling not mine.
I'm quite good at spelling insults, even shit ones like that.

That's nothing, I got called a 'dick head' earlier by some internet hardman.

I could've sworn abusive posts like that are against forum rules but I won't lose any sleep over it
Ooooh, I dream of being called a dick'ead...bloody moderator's pet. They only hung my posts the right way up yesterday.

Good call, I think Steven.

Seen it all with his Dad and doesn't want it is my best guess. Fulfilled his playing ambitions - an intelligent but one paced player but again quite unlike his Dad as a forward, who was aggression personified. A common reaction to having an overly competitive father?

Also probably quite comfortably off.

Disagree - he's taken Burton from part-time Unibond stuff to the edge of the Football League. There is a desire there to allow them to progress. That and Burton still boasts the attraction of being a club respectful of it's ambitions, opportunities and potential. Their budget has been built superbly - League 2 is a mess with finances and once you hit the (all) professional stuff, chairman's expect change-around's in games not months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00