Colchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think this in-fighting is getting just slightly OTT?

All of us want us to win the match.

The problem some of us have is that we don't think that any long term benefit will be gained until we have someone in who can sort things out.

Unfair Melts. Birchenall is a former player who chose to stay in the area and remain connected with the club after his playing days were done and dusted.

I remember speaking to someone at Wembley about when Birch was turned down to speak to the TV cameras because of how emotional he was about a bad decision that had gone against us.

He has to temper what he says publicly because yes, the club do pay his wages. But please don't mock or reject his genuine feeling for our club.

Problem is Spion that there is a decent percentage at the Walkers who haven't got a clue who he is. That and he speaks nonsense most of the time and occasionally makes us look fools with half-time shows. I remember in one book him once being described as a patronising twat from an away fans point of view.

It's not Birches fault. He is employed by the club to do a job and I bet if he wasn't he might say or do things slightly differently.

The one thing I don't doubt though is that Alan Birchenall loves this club. Probably a lot more than many people who post here.

(And no, that wasn't a dig at you cleefox!)

The guy has far too much influence.
His office was removed from Belvoir Drive by MA who quickly identified him as a corrosive influence over the training ground.
Anyone threatening his perceived iconic status is an enemy.
Subsequently he was instrumental in MA's demise.
He is a prize cnut who represents everything thats rotten at the club.

In the unlikely event of relegation, the one positive is that the parasite may have to find a proper job.

just a quick message to ollie and the players- don't you frigging dare lose. if we lose, were down IMO. we go down and this bunch of people currently at the club will be remembered solely for being the ones that took us down to our lowest ever level and will probably never be forgiven for it.

im there tomorrow and i'm absolutely pooing it- im young so this is probably the biggest game ive been to. 1-0 to leicester just because i cant bring myself to back the other team. CMON YOU BLUES!

The guy has far too much influence.
His office was removed from Belvoir Drive by MA who quickly identified him as a corrosive influence over the training ground.
Anyone threatening his perceived iconic status is an enemy.
Subsequently he was instrumental in MA's demise.

In the unlikely event of relegation, the one positive is that the parasite may have to find a proper job.

Get a grip man!

Problem is Spion that there is a decent percentage at the Walkers who haven't got a clue who he is.

I don't know how old you are Granny, but I agree with Hazz and it may well be an age thing. I am old enough to remember the glory days under Jimmy Bloomfield when we had the likes of Birchenall, Weller, Sammels, Worthington, Shilton, Earle, Rofe, Whitworth and so on.

As Hazz suggests, there are more than likely loads who do not know his past and what he did here - they only know him for what he is now.

Feeling sick. Shit or bust day. Please today players at least pretend that you give a feck.

Team:

Alnwick

Stearman McAuley Kisnorbo Clapham

Bell Oakley Hendrie Mattock

Campbell Howard

Subs: Henderson, N'Gotty, Wesolowski, Hayles, Hume

I am old enough to remember who Birch was/is and I also appreciate all the things he does for supporters behind the scenes but, I still find it very patronising the way he speaks to us before the games this season when we have no real influence on the outcome of the game.

P.S. I take no offence at any of the comments in this thread by the way (hi Spion), its all opinions, I just don't like the way he talks to us thats all. :icon_wink

45 mins b4 i leave for the game! come on leicester , campbell to start with fryatt plz boss!!!

45 mins b4 i leave for the game! come on leicester

I've already been on my way for over an hour - Come on, Leicester

I am old enough to remember who Birch was/is and I also appreciate all the things he does for supporters behind the scenes but, I still find it very patronising the way he speaks to us before the games this season when we have no real influence on the outcome of the game.

P.S. I take no offence at any of the comments in this thread by the way (hi Spion), its all opinions, I just don't like the way he talks to us thats all. :icon_wink

Do you really believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670