Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people are saying go with Wortho because he has'nt been good enough to get teams in the Premiership and so has lots of experience in the Championship!!!

Oh dear.

dont think anyone has said anything of the sort

How I have been reading posts is that because Coleman hasnt had experience in the Championship we should go for Worthington!

Surely keeping Fulham in the Premiership for as long as he has is more credentials then getting Norwich promoted once? :102:

Homer is probably similar to the patient in House last week!! :)

So has Coleman with Fulham and Palace as a Player

So has Neil Lennon, Muzzy Izzet and Gerry Taggart with us but it doesn't qualify them to manage us and I doubt you want them to manage us.

What I was trying to say is that just because somebody has experience of managing in the top flight it does not necessarily gaurentee success at Championship level.

So has Neil Lennon, Muzzy Izzet and Gerry Taggart with us but it doesn't qualify them to manage us and I doubt you want them to manage us.

What I was trying to say is that just because somebody has experience of managing in the top flight it does not necessarily gaurentee success at Championship level.

But they have no management experience at all so No I wouldn't want them

you can quite easily turn that around and say a manager is successful at managing at championship level and not too clever at premiership level :102:

you can quite easily turn that around and say a manager is successful at managing at championship level and not too clever at premiership level :102:

True... but we are a championship club not a premiership club.

I don't doubt that YV, but we are recruiting a manager to get us out of the championship, once we have achieved that ambition should we then reevaluate whether we have the right man at the helm. The style of football played in the championship is vastly different to that in the prem.

True... but we are a championship club not a premiership club.

But MM is aiming to be in the Premiership within 3 years so would it not make sense to have a Manager who has managed in the Premiership,I'm not saying NW can't but is one attempt at it was appaling

I don't doubt that YV, but we are recruiting a manager to get us out of the championship, once we have achieved that ambition should we then reevaluate whether we have the right man at the helm. The style of football played in the championship is vastly different to that in the prem.

Sorry PFKA but you are saying that if NW got us promoted then you'd want to have him replaced.How many times as that happened ?

Sorry PFKA but you are saying that if NW got us promoted then you'd want to have him replaced.How many times as that happened ?

No I am saying lets get to the prem and then re - evaluate based on the managers performance. Given decent financial backing who can say how Wortho would perform in the top flight, give the poor fecker a chance before writing him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669