connolly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
Just switch it off then on again, that should fix it...
I did that with my mobile after it crashed this morning and it said it was restricted and could only be undone by using a code, i took the battery out and put it back in and switched on and it has been fine since, great security Nokia.:icon_roll

webmaster said:
Just switch it off then on again, that should fix it...
i think that must just be the standard answer for offices everywhere. it's a running joke here.

amazingly it usually works though!

webmaster said:
Not necessarily. I have set up Firefox for several people, but I don't expect them to ask me for help every time a website appears not to work, I expect them to just think the website is not working.

me too, everyone at work in fact....Yet saying that ASPX pages aren't supported isn't always going to be the first thing that springs to these people's minds. They would think, I'm sure -in fact, i know, that the site just doesn't work!

I set up firefox for my dad, he wouldn't know it was firefox if the site didn't load, like webbo said he would just assume the page hadn't loaded and try again later.
If I ever have a page not load on me now, my first port of call is to try it in IE. This really p*sses me off. I cannot access the sony connect page in FF for instance. Also you cannot run windows update in FF, I know they need to promote their own brand, but surely forcing somebody to use a less secure browser to make their PC more secure is a bit daft?

Microsoft has the right product for your IT boys Duzza...

keyboard-ctrl-alt-del.jpg

Duzza said:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Even though I am running XP, I got the "Blue Screen" today. :icon_roll

Steven said:
Even though I am running XP, I got the "Blue Screen" today. :icon_roll

I got the 'Black Screen' last week. Nothing to do with XP or any other operating system. ****ing backlight in the monitor had gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669