Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsall's Bescot Stadium seems to be the one atm if it does go ahead.

The best thing for Coventry would be for them to move out of that stadium, it has been a noose around their neck for years.

They also wouldn't want our help, much better for them to move to a small ground and get the 'all-for-one' mentality going with the fans, rather than a 30k stadium that they would only half fill.

On a different note - was it just an urban myth or did somebody actually bury a Leicester shirt in the foundations of the Ricoh?

The best thing for Coventry would be for them to move out of that stadium, it has been a noose around their neck for years.

They also wouldn't want our help, much better for them to move to a small ground and get the 'all-for-one' mentality going with the fans, rather than a 30k stadium that they would only half fill.

On a different note - was it just an urban myth or did somebody actually bury a Leicester shirt in the foundations of the Ricoh?

I think that is just one of them generic myths going around all new grounds as I'm sure people came on here saying there was a Cov or Forest shirt in the foundation of the Walkers/KP.

Most likely bullshit tbh.

People are weird.

If 2 Forest shirts, an actual forest, 17 Coventry shirts and Steve Ogrizovic were buried under the KP stadium I would genuinely struggle to care less.

Nearly every new ground has some rumour of rival fans putting in a scarf/shirt/mascot for another team into the foundations. I doubt if anyone would waste the money on something you would struggle to prove afterwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21897165

high court hearing adjourned until Tuesday 26th March

apparently there is a Football League ruling that if any club goes into administration after the 4th Thursday of March, the 10 point deduction will be implemented the following season.

so they are cutting it fine with the court case or was putting the holding company into admin last night an attempt to cover the bases?

I was talking to a customer a couple of years ago and he claimed to have done this. I still think it's bollocks.

I know someone who worked on the stadium build; he claimed to see it happen. I also think its bollocks as he is an utter moron.

The Swedish trophy was long rumoured to have "Bajen forever" engraved inside it, Bajen being the nickname for the Stockholm team Hammarby. Finally they opened it up and the inscription read "Djurgården are the best", another Stockholm team. Fun fact of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669