Cov post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my limited expirence of playing competitive football I have to say that grabbing at an opponents shirt is not always necessarily a voluntary, pre-meditated action and can often be a sub-conscious reaction to put out a hand as much to steady yourself as to catch an opponent, on Saturday the covscum player still got to the position he was going to be in whether gaz had grabbed his shirt or not, therefore the punishment far outweighs the crime IMO.

The ref got things wrong for both sides and had a serious case of little man syndrome.

McAuley knew the cov player had got past him, so he grabbed hold of his shirt to slow him down.

Pulling someone's shirt has always been a foul, it was a clear penalty. I don't know how anyone can still be blaming the ref after seeing the pictures.

McAuley knew the cov player had got past him, so he grabbed hold of his shirt to slow him down.

Pulling someone's shirt has always been a foul, it was a clear penalty. I don't know how anyone can still be blaming the ref after seeing the pictures.

It just the way the whole sport has gone for me, a tiny pull on someones shirt shouldnt even be a foul in the first place in my opinion.

Regardless of the decision and whether it was a penalty or not, it wasn't like it was the last kick of the game, there was still plenty of time for our team to pull themselves together, regroup and show a determination to pull the result around.

At present it seems to me that the players and management are looking for every tight decision and injustice as an excuse to throw in the towel and feel sorry for ourselves.

Show some fight you spineless feckers and have the bollox to take these matches by the scruff of the neck otherwise we might just become the "unluckiest" side to ever be relegated from the championship !!!

Maybe you should try watching rugby instead.
I do watch rugby, but I enjoy football a hell of a lot more but that doesn’t stop me thinking it has been ruined by the officials pampering to the fairies out on the pitch by punishing a whole team for a slight grab of a shirt.
Regardless of the decision and whether it was a penalty or not, it wasn't like it was the last kick of the game, there was still plenty of time for our team to pull themselves together, regroup and show a determination to pull the result around.

At present it seems to me that the players and management are looking for every tight decision and injustice as an excuse to throw in the towel and feel sorry for ourselves.

Show some fight you spineless feckers and have the bollox to take these matches by the scruff of the neck otherwise we might just become the "unluckiest" side to ever be relegated from the championship !!!
To bloody right, incorrect decision or not our tendency to capitulate when we concede is beyond monumental.

love it pinky :038::038:

I found myself actually going out in to the garden when we went 1-0 down....I just knew we wouldn't be able to fight back......So depressing.

I found myself actually going out in to the garden when we went 1-0 down....I just knew we wouldn't be able to fight back......So depressing.

isnt it just and im fully expecting more of the same on saturday :icon_sad:

It is considering you live in a third floor flat

I headed into the mountains at half time (honestly, I did) and even though I didn't find out the final score until the next day, I knew...

It's absolute bollocks, isn't it, being as predictably shit as we have been for years now. When is it going to change? It has to.... doesn't it?

:mad:

I headed into the mountains at half time (honestly, I did) and even though I didn't find out the final score until the next day, I knew...

It's absolute bollocks, isn't it, being as predictably shit as we have been for years now. When is it going to change? It has to.... doesn't it?

:mad:

Ample cleavage is always a bonus...

It just the way the whole sport has gone for me, a tiny pull on someones shirt shouldnt even be a foul in the first place in my opinion.

If all players covered themselves in vaseline these foul tugging incidents wouldn't happen.

I've never been involved in a tugging incident and i put this down to regular application of vaseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669