Cov post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to hear any bollocks about the ref costing us the game. Penalty looked a bit soft but McAuley should have known better when putting his hand to Best's shirt. And besides, how is it the ref's fault that we couldn't create any genuine goalscoring chances until the 92nd minute when it was game over?

Hume was wank, DJ was wank, the defence were all over the place which is worrying seeing as the defence is where we are usually strongest. I thought James Chambers was the best of a very bad bunch.

I thought James Chambers was the worst of a very bad bunch. He was shit.

What's the chances of the club getting called into disrepute after Holloway swore about the ref .. live on air ! What a muppet he really is. I don't care if he thought it wasn't a penalty, he should be able to control himself and his mouth instead of making the club look even worse.

You're overlooking that Holloway relies on this sort of behaviour to maintain his popularity with many - perhaps a majority - of supporters.

I can't take him seriously - but I accept mine is a monority view.

When all the rubbish talk is stripped away our league position has slipped from the miserable position when he arrived; there is no hint of any consistency in performances and quite a lot of new costs have been incurred.

Why the players underperform, i simply wouldn't know - my best guess is that we have been a losing side for so long now that losing is deeply engrained in their culture. I don't blame Holloway for this - but on the otherhand I can't see much evidence of any change since he arrived. The main plus is that because we are a club that can spend, we have been able to bring in a bit of 'sticking plaster' in the January window to ensure that we should survive.

Hysterical reactions after a win and, as per usual, even more hysterical reactions after a defeat.

O.K. we lost the game, thanks in no small measure to one of the worst penalty decisions I've seen. But to say yesterdays performance was one of (if not) the worst of season is just horsepoo.

I for one will still be travelling to Cardiff with optimism - always keep your glass half-full.

Well I don't know why the Cov commentary team thought we were a threat, we never created much of anything to be considered so.

We underperformed yes. But then imo we've been underperforming not only for 95% of this season, but for the last 4 years.

That has nowt to do with our recent history in the topflight, but more to do with seeing what players we have had in the squad in recent years yet for whatever reasons not one of the squads in the past four years have gelled to give us a team which has pulled together results and decent performances.

On paper, we have had players who are well capable of playing at this level, but the reality is very different, yet when they leave us, for the most part they seem to 'refind' their abilities.

I hate being so defeatist, but the past 4 years have finally this season gotten to me, and no matter how hard I look, I can't see anything positive, even last week, despite it being a 4-0 scoreline, I was thinking it would be worth feck all if we played as shite as in the other recent games and lost today.
Looking at the season as a whole imo it has proved to be a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and money. I just hope that somehow those same players who have so far proved inept at dealing with most things this season, have enough about them to steer us clear of the bottom three. But the longer the season goes on, the more worried I get.

my feelings exactly...:045:

Hysterical reactions after a win and, as per usual, even more hysterical reactions after a defeat.

O.K. we lost the game, thanks in no small measure to one of the worst penalty decisions I've seen. But to say yesterdays performance was one of (if not) the worst of season is just horsepoo.

I for one will still be travelling to Cardiff with optimism - always keep your glass half-full.

can u tell me where u get your optimism from?

Obviously - football fans and indeed the football media are always into serious over-reaction.

However, the point is that managers come and go at Leicester - one lot of players comes in and is largely rubbished by the manager who didn't sign them - and then another lot come in etc etc . But the results don't change.

Then there is the disturbing pattern - which more and more people are picking up on - that once the side goes a goal down, that there seems little or no chance of a recovery. Why is this? What does it tell us about the spirit of the players?

Worst deafeat of the season, and the fact Ollie has simply blamed the ref is inexcusable.

These players need to be help accountable for their gutless displays, they are paid hansonmly and yet still dont posses the ability to justify their wage.

I dont want to hear shitty comments this week in the media about putting it right, i want to see the ****ers go and and do the job they are paid to do, i don't want to hear Holloway this week either, i want him to simply ensure thingsa are put right in the next game

5 years of bullshit, i don't want to hear any more so shut the **** up.

From the OS. A transcript of his RL interview. :icon_wink

Ollie Post Match
Posted on: Sat 23 Feb 2008

Leicester City boss Ian Holloway said a controversial decision cost his side once again when his Foxes went down 2-0 to Coventry at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday.

The home side were awarded a penalty in the 32nd minute of the contest when defender Gareth McAuley was adjudged to pull Leon Best's shirt in the Leicester penalty area.

But following the game Hollway was able to review the incident - and said he could see nothing wrong with the challenge from his defender.

The Foxes pressed in the second half and almost got back into the game through Joe Mattock - but his fine effort fell just wide of the target.

And with the clock ticking down the Sky Blues made sure - Best clipping the ball past Ben Alnwick to seal the points.

Holloway said: "I went in to see the referee after the game and he told me that he was right. But I don't think I have ever seen such an unbelievable decision. I don't think anyone in the ground knew what he had given it for. There was nothing in it at all.

"I feel for the boys because that was a ludicrous decision.

"It was always going to be a difficult fixture, but the way we have been this week and the energy that the players have shown me - I totally felt that it was going to go our way.

"We started the game well. Matt Oakley has had a shot that I think was on its way and it as ended up knocking one of their lads out. That's the way it has been going for us.

"We were trying to climb a mountain in the second half and we did everything but score. It just didn't quite go in today.

"We have sorted our home form our but we have now got to do that away. The players need to believe in themselves and I need to have a good look at who is wilting.

"That's four out of the last five that we have lost now and that is not good enough for a club of our size.

"If these boys weren't trying then I would have a go at them. What we have got to realise is that we are where we are and the table doesn't lie. We have been here for the last four years.

"We have now got Cardiff away next week and I want these boys to come out firing. We got an away win in my first game against Bristol City but that hasn't happened again since."

The notion that these guys are the scum of the earth is simply not true, i would much rather prefer these people have an organised scrap amongst themselves than do it where innocent fans are.

An interesting opinion which would be more valid if these 'scum' hired a private room somewhere to do whatever homo-erotic stuff they want to do but out of the sight of innocent people who really do not need to witness such behaviour.

Would you want your young kids or wife or mother to have to witness this?

What's the chances of the club getting called into disrepute after Holloway swore about the ref .. live on air ! What a muppet he really is.

One man's Muppetry is another man's passion.

the expected 'they're all cnuts' reaction of Melton after a defeat (I'm not picking on you Melton you just sprang to mind)
Really :102:, why defend yourself before the accusation then?

I think if you read my posts on the topic without any sort of pre judgement, you'll probably find you are asking yourself why on Earth you used me as an example in your rant.

Last edited:
That was probably the worst and most embarrasing game I've ever seen. Hume & Howard were a ****ing disgrace. I thought "Ollie," got his tactics all wrong. Why, with 30 minutes to go, waste another substitution by bringing another defender on. IMO Hayles should've come on at half time.

I think if you read my posts on the topic without any sort of pre judgement, you'll probably find you are asking yourself why on Earth you used me as an example in your rant.

I was giving an example of someone who at times comes on the forum and says they're all cnuts. Apologies if I was mistaken.

Seriously I was not directing my comment at you either directly or solely as I know there are a lot more to your posts. Hence the disclaimer.

Melton, I can't help thinking you should start your own fan club. Make it like the Dennis the Menace fan club I joined when I was a nipper and include a Gnasher like badge of you with eyes that move for all members.

How do I join?!

I was giving an example of someone who at times comes on the forum and says they're all cnuts.
Are you trying to suggest I'm irrational, reactionary, overly aggressive and open my trap when it's not wanted and without thinking :102: :icon_razz

Seriously I was not directing my comment at you either directly or solely as I know there are a lot more to your posts. Hence the disclaimer.
:023: :058:

That was probably the worst and most embarrasing game I've ever seen. Hume & Howard were a ****ing disgrace. I thought "Ollie," got his tactics all wrong. Why, with 30 minutes to go, waste another substitution by bringing another defender on. IMO Hayles should've come on at half time.

Why does Holloway keep picking the same set of players ? Hayles, as far as I'm concerned is only here to get a bonus for his pension. Why don't we see more of the likes of Sappleton in the squad ?

Why, with 30 minutes to go, waste another substitution by bringing another defender on.

Yeah I was wondering why the hell he brought a defender on when we were losing. McAuley was having a poor game but Bruno was far worse when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669