Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being a moaning minnie :icon_lol:

They don't give prizes for creating and missing chances. My opinion is that Sousa will not get us anywhere and I will be happy when he moves on or the powers that be lose tolerance for him.

IMO he was crap at QPR with money, he inhereted a half decent Swansea and managed to lose a play off spot for them, and he has two points for us (so far) with much of the team that finished 5th last year.

He isn't going to make it in my view. I'm sorry if some think I am being a boo boy (which I am not). I don't go to a game to boo or call for a manager's head. I appreciate that the team and team morale must come first. Booing certainly doesn't contribute anything positive.

I just think I am being realistic in saying we won't go anywhere with Sousa. I'd very happily be wrong but I don't think I will be.

A few of you might well think the same if we are in the same position in a few weeks time.

More than a few of us do already. It's sad that all some want to do is to shout us down for having an opinion.

Okay, having thought about this afternoons game I can only come to the conclusion that we must give Sousa more time. I for one have my doubts about him and his signings but for Homer to come on here and say that we played some of the best football he has seen for some time, we must be doing something right?

Missing easy chances is something that happens, particularly to a team that is under pressure and going through a transition. I predict that once we win a couple of games and gain some confidence we may well start to climb the league. We also have to remind ourselves that Fryatt has missed a few games due to injury and Waghorn has not played regularly this season. When these two get up and running I am certain that they will begin to score goals.

As for Sousa's signings I think with the majority of them being from the continent, they will need time to adapt. I am certainly not making comparisons in terms of playing ability but a certain Didier Drogba was written off in his first season at Chelsea and now look at him. If Vitor, Abe, Lamey and Moreno are given time to adapt to the hurly burly of championship football they may prove to be good acquisitions.

What a load of bollocks!

Even if Sousa becomes a success here, I will still be ****ed off that essentially we have wasted time.

Today sounds our best performance of the season and it was virtually with our side from last year.

One thing I did notice during the pre-match warm-up was how relaxed the players were, having a laugh and joke and always smiling.

Now maybe it's just me, but until now this season they haven't looked that relaxed in any of the pre-match warm-ups I've seen so far.

Oh and Cate...even Oakley was smiling...a LOT!!( My heart about stopped at a couple of my photos!)

Oh yeah, and another thing, I think Dennis Wise must've thought it was a stupid idea to sit where he did today, we noticed him straight away and let him know what we thought of him!!!

Even if Sousa becomes a success here, I will still be ****ed off that essentially we have wasted time.

Today sounds our best performance of the season and it was virtually with our side from last year.

If, as Sousa suggests in the Mercury (so it must be true!), players have a hang over from coming so close and failing last season, then we would have wasted the time anyway.

Forest look like they've got a hangover as well! Cardiff are doing okay but they have brought in a great deal of quality!

Last edited:
If, as Sousa suggests in the Mercury (so it must be true!), players have a hang over from coming so close and failing last season, then we would have wasted the time anyway.

You don't believe that's any easy excuse?

If anything, it should be more hungry and Sousa's avoided playing certain players until today.

As much as I want to look up, Sousa or no Sousa. We are playing catch up and need a good spell of form to be top half. We have made it difficult for ourselves.

Why should the fans give any manager time when there is a chance this stupid ****ing club will just get rid when they want regardless of performance?

Still no reason from the club as to why they got rid of a manager who got us into the play-offs.

disillusioned by the club in a big way at the moment.

The new Cov manager has had the same amount of games as Sousa, and look where they are?

A comment from one of their fans:

"I've been to every game this season, and we are woeful... urgent changes are required. How the Inbreds only have one point before today I'll never know, they gave us a football lesson today, we were lucky not to concede at least 5, the one they had that hit the post, the clear pen they should have had with Clarke handled... the list goes on. ""

thought we passed it round really well today, just same old story, can't shoot/won't shoot....just gutted to not get a win today.

I don't know about this season, I really don't. Would anything less than the play-offs be considered a failure or would a top half or even mid-table finish be considered acceptable? Even if we improve, we have to improve drastically to get anywhere this season.

Why should the fans give any manager time when there is a chance this stupid ****ing club will just get rid when they want regardless of performance?

Still no reason from the club as to why they got rid of a manager who got us into the play-offs.

disillusioned by the club in a big way at the moment.

I thought he left us for Hull? You live and learn.

I don't know about this season, I really don't. Would anything less than the play-offs be considered a failure or would a top half or even mid-table finish be considered acceptable? Even if we improve, we have to improve drastically to get anywhere this season.

Given our start I would be happy with a top 21 finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670