Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty more fish in the sea. Would you want us to pay £2.5m for a completely untrusted striker at Champ level?

I hope Swindon are paying him a salary commensurate with a £2.5m player. :icon_wink

I should imagine not...

I imagine then it is a situation of peace and harmony between Swindon and Cox at the moment. :icon_wink

If that is the case I will be really p***ed off. Instead of the likes of HOOS,MM,NP f**King off on holiday they should have forced a deal while celtic had no manager...

But again I am not surprised with the club talking about "scrapping into the play offs, doing a burnley" It's a case of Make due and suck it an see..´But IMO it's a big gamble...we have two strikers who have performed well in div 1 but was part of the team who went down from the champ's the season before....big risk..and everyone knows that when Howard has missed games we have struggled to score goals and Matty should have finished on 40 if he had been consistant as he was in the first half of the season

It seems the credit crunch has hit MM more than he is making out

I can only assume this is a piss take? There are plenty of other strikers in league one we can pay massively over the top for if that makes you happy. As you said we have done it with players in the past, but seeing as you want to keep repeating the same mistakes you should probably write words to that effect to Mandaric.

Oh god I just realised you are 35, I had you down as the same age as Harbro!

Last edited:
that's fair enough. I'd like to see him here but £2.5m IS over the odds and if we aren't prepared to pay over them then that shows we know our limits in the transfer window. Swindon will obviously want as much as possible but I can't see anyone matching their valuation which means they'll probably have an unhappy striker next year who goes for next to nothing at the end of his contract... I can't see Swindon getting promoted any time soon and Simon Cox isn't going to want to stay in League One for too long...

radio leicester reported tonight , leicester have pulled out of the simon cox deal, because swindon are trying to get a bidding war going between leicester, west brom and newcastle, pearson will not get drawn in .

Can't say I'm that upset about this one. His agent said weeks ago he'd prefer Celtic to anywhere else, from that point I knew that a) we weren't going to sign him, and b) I didn't want us to anyway. I'm amazed there's any difference of opinion between any of us. Bottom line is the club have decided against forking out well over the odds for a third division player who doesn't want to come here (and, I should mention, acted like a complete tw@t when he scored against us in February).

Bollox to him.

i'm only giving information reported by stringer on radio leicester , i know as much as you , i'm sure pearson will have others to fall back on .

I'm sure the West Brom and Newcastle managers know what they're doing. Whoever they are :102:

Exactly, neither club would be doing much in the transfer market currently.

WBA don't tend to overspend, so when they have a new man, he may have a reasonable budget as they didn't splash out last season.

However Newcastle need to seriously dump players from their very expensive wage bill before they can sign anybody, regardless of who owns them next season.

Celtic is more likely

Last edited:
LCFC saying they've withdrawn their interest due to the desired £2.5m price could be a a tactical counter to Swindon's attempt to start a bidding war. If demand falls, the price could fall! However, one of the links above showing signs of no interest on the part of Cox himself would probably be the final straw for NP. Shame really. I know its a gamble but 32goals is no mean feat. The player has pace and power (as Hanson would say), and that makes me think he has a good chance of making the step up. But even I don't think the club should pay £2.5m. If they went to £1.6m for DJ with a promotion top up to £2m, then I'd be disappointed if the club didn't raise their reported £1.45m bid to the same level that they were prepared to pay for DJ, or say £1.75m with the top up to £2m on promotion. But that is easy enough for me to say - I'm not paying, and my business is not in debt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670