Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Because someone hasn't directly stated a prejudice doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Not inclusive of course, but I'd argue a few Of his critics have a predisposition.

As for "hater" it's a slang term David.

Sadly in football "hate" is not just a slang term.

Of course the "Yak-haters" could say the same. You have no evidence. They have conclusive evidence against me My favourite striker of the last ten years was Brian Deane and now I support Yak. Clearly a predisposition to rate black strikers over white.

I have noticed a puzzle. Posters were unanimous in condemning Carl Cort while approving of Sol Bamber. They condemned Ryan McGivern while approving Ritchie Wellens. My guess is that Leicester fans have a predisposition to approve of players who do well for the team regardless of ethnicity..

I have noticed a puzzle. Posters were unanimous in condemning Carl Cort while approving of Sol Bamber. They condemned Ryan McGivern while approving Ritchie Wellens. My guess is that Leicester fans have a predisposition to approve of players who do well for the team regardless of ethnicity..
Good theory. Oddly though, they have also approved of Iain Hume, and for a while Momo Sylla and Gareth Williams. How do you explain that when they were all so clearly dogshite?

It's interesting to note that you've chosen to spell Bamba's name wrongly again.

It's interesting to note that you've chosen to spell Bamba's name wrongly again.

Probably a generational thing with Mr Gwilliam - I'm sure he doesn't mean it in a bad way :icon_wink

Rumours are gathering pace that Brighton have won the race for his signature.

Not helped by the fact that Darragh MacAnthony has just tweeted to say he's accepted another bid.

Well David. While I'm not really into arguing i stand my ground on this one a bit.

What you are saying is inclusive: "Leicester fans." mine is not "some fans."

Now I'll agree that generally Leicester fans aren't down on Yakubu because of his race, specifically SOME of them are.

There is a political comedian here called Bill Maher. A democrat. He says:

"I'm not saying that if you are a republican you are a racist: I'm saying that if you are racist you are probably a republican".

I'm not saying if you think yak is shit you are prejudice: but if you are prejudice you probably think yak is shit.

A controversial and over simple view of things of course, but it illustrates a point
For me there is an important distinction there.

Last edited:
Probably a generational thing with Mr Gwilliam - I'm sure he doesn't mean it in a bad way :icon_wink

I just get increasingly baffled. There was a time when I could name the eleven members of the team from Shilton in goal to Glover at number eleven. Occasionally a player might be replaced - Rodrigues by Whitworth, Nish by Rofe but it was easy to adjust. Nowadays we have squads and the players on the pitch in April are ones I have never heard of in the previous August.
All this is a fancy excuse for what American friends call "senior moments".

Just been reported on Talksport they expect him to sign for Brighton & HA today..

Massive club

A clear indication of greed over ambition. I hope he enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669