Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated in my opinion. Runs his socks off every game, but he hardly set the championship a light last time he played in it.

Neither did Peterborough tbh.

He's been in terrific form for Peterborough, and is worth a punt, however I will agree the rumoured bid of £3m-£3.5m is very high.

Excellent player IMO, and would be superb if this is true!

EDIT: 3 million!!! He's not that feckin' good!!!

Last edited:
Oh well, it must be true, then

£3 million down the shitter, if you ask me - but nobody does, so fair enough

You've been pretty unimpressed so far, homer?

I suspect you'd prefer that 3M to be invested into hot water bottles for the seats.

Over rated IMO as well. One of the best in league one again last year like Peltier, but I just don't see the same potential in him. £3m is also well over the odds. Would rather we upped our bid for Maynard than spunk it in this fashion..

Should have kept Fryatt if we wanted a good league one striker.

Insane prices.... King must be worth £10m.

Last edited:
Should have kept Fryatt if we wanted a good league one striker.

Insane prices.... King must be worth £10m.

I must sound like a broken record at times but...

This is not necessarily £3million cash up front.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if for example it was:

£1million up front, £750,000 more after 30 league goals, £250,000 more after 100 games for the club and a further £1million after promotion (if promoted this year)

The deal could then be scalable - 1million - 3million.

I'm not saying it is, but I'm sure we are negotiating hard. We have lots of targets clubs must realise this.

I do have to say, £3million does seem a lot for him, but I do have a level of trust in Sven. One thing that concerns me (although its only June) is that we really need to start being able to win ugly. I can't think of a name linked yet who is a ball winning midfielder or a real hard tackling full back (or two) and we need both of those things. Perhaps there are a few under wraps though. Maybe strikers tend to have good agents, they are certainly more talked about than full backs.

CMS will be an asset at 1-0 up and under pressure even if he doesn't score too many.

Sorry for that stream of consciousness.

Waghorn cost about £3m.... By that, I reckon £3m for CMS is a snip.

Aye - we stupidly and desperately pay way over the odds for one player (even though it was £2m not £3m), so let's go and do exactly the same again

Good idea, that.......

Well, I think CMS is a very good prospect pet, so I disagree with you whole-heartedly. Also, I think Waggy's fee increases on promotion to the PL, but I may be wrong on that.

Well, I think CMS is simply gorgeous, with his long golden locks and firm, full buttocks, so I disagree with you whole-heartedly. Also, I think he likes a bit of man-love, but I may be wrong on that.

You really are a vile little man, aren't you ?

Mackail-Smith is not what I was hoping for, but hey, if he gets the goals, I am more than happy!! Maynard has better pedigree in this division though and has three to four years on CMS

I've seen him play quite a few times as I live near Peterborough. Last season he struggled tom score goals in the Championship. I think he's a very good striker at League 1 level. Has tremendous pace that is potentially effective if we decide to play the long hoof up field. Not sure how effective he is in a team that likes to pass the ball through the midfield etc. I don't think he's worth £ 3m. £ 1.5m + add on if we are promoted might be more realistic. Think we should go for a proven Championship goalscorer such as Maynard, Bothroyd etc

Noooo Don't much fancy CMS thinks he's better than he is (based only on seeing him play against us) and runs arounf like a headless chicken. Not the sort of player to take us to the promised land and keep us there!

good player, but not worth £3m

Decent player, but IMO 4th prefered signing behind Yak, Nugent, and Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673