Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent player, but IMO 4th prefered signing behind Yak, Nugent, and Maynard

If you have a 22+ man squad you have two players for every position. So unless Sven says CMS will be striker number 1, he might well be useful as striker number 4, as a different option, (the sometimes missing Plan B), coming off the bench with 15 minutes to go if we are chasing the game.

A friend of mine who knows a lot about what's going on at west ham reckons he is there today and will sign for them. He's not very happy about it.

From the Merc:

Posh director of football Barry Fry confirmed Mackail-Smith was now in talks with City.

"We have accepted a bid from Leicester," said Fry.

"Their manager Sven-Goran-Eriksson is out of the country at the moment, but was due to speak to Craig over the weekend.

"I have had several conversations with West Ham, but we have turned down their bid. I am certain they will be back.

"Craig is facing a tough decision. He turned down Norwich and he has now turned down QPR."

A friend of mine who knows a lot about what's going on at west ham reckons he is there today and will sign for them. He's not very happy about it.

Do you mean that your friend is unhappy or CMS?

If you have a 22+ man squad you have two players for every position. So unless Sven says CMS will be striker number 1, he might well be useful as striker number 4, as a different option, (the sometimes missing Plan B), coming off the bench with 15 minutes to go if we are chasing the game.

If we're paying ~£2m for our third or fourth choice striker, it's either going to be an expensive summer or Sven is utterly mad.

If we're paying ~£2m for our third or fourth choice striker, it's either going to be an expensive summer or Sven is utterly mad.
Not necessarily, he could bring in 3 or 4 better free players but feel the need for reasonable back up that he has to pay for.

If CMS has turned down moves to Norwich and QPR its more than likely because they didn't guarantee him a starting place. Do you really think he is going to come to us unless we make him that guarantee?

Hazz is probably referring to his spell at Dagenham & Redbridge

meh

Peterborough is fairly near Leicester. he wouldn't need to move house...

although I reckon Barry Fry is using our bid to get a higher bid from West Ham, they'll have the Parker and Parachute money to spend

turned down qpr and norwich? Wander why... I guess he wasn't convinced he had a great chance of first team football....?

I'm not convinced he's that great myself but apparently he's pretty quick and we all know Sven's number one preferred trait in most players is pace so it comes as no surprise that we are in for him in that respect.

turned down qpr and norwich? Wander why... I guess he wasn't convinced he had a great chance of first team football....?

I'm not convinced he's that great myself but apparently he's pretty quick and we all know Sven's number one preferred trait in most players is pace so it comes as no surprise that we are in for him in that respect.

He could feel lonely in Norwich might cloud his decision.

I was going to make a retort to that but realised that it would be in very poor taste.

Oh, and just remembered that was Ipswich anyway!

Apologies that I am clearly not as well educated as you. If that's your game maybe you should join FT. I'd imagine you'd have a field day over there. Perhaps you could even apply for a job as an English teacher. The point of this post being that if I ever needed to use the word wonder for something meaningful then I would obviously bother to double check it.

Apologies that I am clearly not as well educated as you. If that's your game maybe you should join FT. I'd imagine you'd have a field day over there. Perhaps you could even apply for a job as an English teacher. The point of this post being that if I ever needed to use the word wonder for something meaningful then I would obviously bother to double check it.

I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay: 10
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.