Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the fee that annoys me. How is this guy any different from Fryatt (who we lost for a pittance).

The price tag will add so much pressure on the guy to perform early on, unlike someone like Neil Danns who came on a free. You know what fans and media are like. Thats why I felt incredibly sorry for Fernando Torres.

Adrian Durham seem to believe he's coming to us. He's tweeted about this a few times this week. And he's also mentioned it on air.

He's clearly a risk for that sort of money, and I hope he comes with the right attitude. If what were reading is ture, it looks like he's dragged it out and we were his final option.

You could look at this way but firstly you're summarising that Barry Fry has been correct in everything he's said. I have no doubt Fry and that nobhead chairman have slowed the whole deal down in attempt to drive up price. Fry had lied about Norwich being interested this Summer. So I am inclined to think he's talked shite about this transfer.

Anyway, at the very least CMS works hard and is a constant pain for defenders. He'll be a big hit with City support for that.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't mind Stringer (its alan ****ing young who drives me nuts), but he doesn't help himself by saying something is "nailed on" when clearly he had about as much clue as the rest of us.

Thing is with Stringer...it's all clearly a twattish act. Referring to things as 'nailed on' and opinions as 'shouts' and friends as 'big man'. It's all this faux blokishness and down the pub behaviour that pisses me right off, especially when it's first degree bullshit he's spouting. Desperate to be liked the man is everyones best friend, complete with matey jargon. Oh and all that absolute cockrot about not being able to say loser, he needs to grow up.

The price tag will add so much pressure on the guy to perform early on, unlike someone like Neil Danns who came on a free. You know what fans and media are like. Thats why I felt incredibly sorry for Fernando Torres.

Adrian Durham seem to believe he's coming to us. He's tweeted about this a few times this week. And he's also mentioned it on air.

Yeah, about £250,000 a week to kick a ball about, I was gutted for him too.

Thing is with Stringer...it's all clearly a twattish act. Referring to things as 'nailed on' and opinions as 'shouts' and friends as 'big man'. It's all this faux blokishness and down the pub behaviour that pisses me right off, especially when it's first degree bullshit he's spouting. Desperate to be liked the man is everyones best friend, complete with matey jargon. Oh and all that absolute cockrot about not being able to say loser, he needs to grow up.

:038:

On the other hand, some of us appreciate his authoritative and frequent use of advanced technical terms such as "early doors" and "big unit" as proof of the profound depth of his footballing knowledge.

It can get a bit annoying but you have to think of the type of people that listen to the commentary (the sit-at-home mongies, mostly) and Radio Leicester in general.

But isn't that what commentators are supposed to do - appropriately engage the audience? You would soon moan if he sounded like a newsreader off the Radio 4 Today programme.

But isn't that what commentators are supposed to do - appropriately engage the audience? You would soon moan if he sounded like a newsreader off the Radio 4 Today programme.

Yes, the amount of times my grandfather has told me that it's 'nailed on that Grandma is cooking Sunday dinner, Big Man'.

I wouldn't moan in the slightest if he sounded like a newsreader, to be quite frank, as that is what he is. The commentators job is to do just that, commentate. The football is the subject that is intended to 'appropriate engage the audience'. I don't listen to live football to be engaged by Stringer. I listen to live football because I want to know what is happening in the match.

I'm sure you'd soon moan if he did nothing but 'appropraitely engage the audience' for ninety minutes without mentionin the football. 'Cause thats his job....you know, to relay what is happening on the pitch to the people listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669