Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

and talk sport, strange.

camberwell fox

From the BBc website:

Craig Mackail-Smith 'expected to join' Leicester City

Page last updated at 12:01 GMT, Friday, 1 July 2011 13:01 UK

Mackail-Smith netted 35 times in all competitions last season Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony is confident striker Craig Mackail-Smith will join Leicester City, possibly before the weekend.

The 27-year-old will meet Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on Friday after the clubs agreed a fee earlier in the week.

MacAnthony said West Ham are still interested in the forward but told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire: "I would expect him to sign for Leicester on Friday."

The Posh chief added that Brighton have made two failed bids for the striker.

"Brighton came to the table with a strong offer but it wasn't anywhere near as strong as Leicester," he said.

"West Ham made a very serious enquiry, I believe they're still very interested."

Leicester are a big club and they're having a right go, you'd expect them to be challenging next season
Darren Ferguson

But he added: "I presume if Sven gets on with Craig he'll be a Leicester City player on Friday."

Mackail-Smith, Posh's 35-goal top scorer last season, has been at the centre of a protracted transfer saga ever since Norwich City had an offer rejected for him in March.

QPR were understood to have agreed a fee for the former Dagenham man this summer, but the player and Loftus Road club failed to complete a deal.

A move to Leicester, Peterborough's Championship rivals, would be in spite of Mackail-Smith's desire to join a Premier League side.

But Posh boss Darren Ferguson has backed the potential switch, saying: "He spoke to QPR and the rest of it, I actually don't know what went on.

"Listen, Leicester are a big club and they're having a right go, they're spending some serious money and you'd expect them to be challenging next season.

"If Craig feels it's the right move for him we wish him all the best."

Nottingham Fox

Your not wrong. Mind you its beginning to sound very likely.

Really, the longer it drags on the more unlikely it will happen IMO.

If everything was ok earlier, then why not announce the deal? I can't believe for one minute that CMS would have turned up if personal terms weren't already sorted.

Scotfox

According to TEAMtalk.com Posh are expecting CMS to become a Leicester player today, however West ham are still about, maybe there's more talking going on between his agent and one of the clubs, however there was no indication that West Ham have matched City's £3 million bid.

FoxCovert

Sven just been interviewed on SSN at training ground, sounds like this is more or less done. Described CMS as quick eye for goal and good technique. Also wants any other deals done quick before start of friendly season.
For those wanting a pitch update i thought the training ground looked great:048:

Cate Fox

Sven just been interviewed on SSN at training ground, sounds like this is more or less done. Described CMS as quick eye for goal and good technique. Also wants any other deals done quick before start of friendly season.
For those wanting a pitch update i thought the training ground looked great:048:

They are at Loughborough Uni as the training ground is being revamped.

Lako42

I like him , i'm sure if it goes through he'll be a hit. 35 last season is a great total, even in that league.

city-faithful

How are the blue, white & yellow flowers looking?

Didn't you hear? Maddog was that bloody impressed with them that, when he got the boot, he dug em up and re-planted them in his garden. He and his wife often admire them when they're cooking on the barbeque set he won in training.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670